Parking At Corvette Caravan?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 12:25 PM
crawfish333
Melting Slicks

Received 292 Likes on 187 Posts
CI 6-7 & 9 Veteran

Default Parking At Corvette Caravan?

Is anyone familiar with parking at the caravan? I went to the website to register, and they were hawking a donation of $500.00 to get reserved parking. I will not pay 500 bucks to park, so I guess my question is; will those of us who do not want to pay this be able to park our Vettes? If so, will it require walking a mile?

I have been to numerous events at the museum but this is the first I have ever heard of this. Because of this, I have not registered yet even though I have been planning to go for several years.

BTW, I can afford the 500 clams, but I have supported the museum for years and I find this offensive to Corvette owners who have been loyal supporters.
Old 12-23-2018, 08:14 PM
duckvett
Safety Car

Received 919 Likes on 465 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2018 C6 of Year Winner

The reserved parking is in front of the Museum. There is plenty of parking for those who choose not to buy the reserved spots and many lots will have shuttle buses running to the Museum and back. This will be our fifth Caravan and there has never been a shortage of parking, but some parking may be more than walking distance.
Please don't be angry with the Museum, they are offering a service which many (including myself) are willing to pay for - supply & demand.
Old 02-06-2019, 05:59 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

That's just nuts no matter what they offer. It's only $150 for 4 days of reserved parking at Carlisle for the Corvette show. $300 for 4 days if you opt for the charity package. But $500 is for guys who have more money than brains!!
Old 05-10-2019, 12:37 PM
nerfball
Heel & Toe

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default side question for parking

When parking at these events especially at hotels at night, has anyone heard of mass issues with theft, damage and otherwise as we park our babies outside?

I ask this because i also own a 1983 Hurst Olds which if anyone knows, when Indy comes around, it is ALWAYS an issue with someone trying to steal something. I have garaged my Z every single minute it is not out but I certainly want to cruise to the museum.
Old 05-10-2019, 03:40 PM
crawfish333
Melting Slicks

Received 292 Likes on 187 Posts
CI 6-7 & 9 Veteran

I have been to Bowling Green (both for events and just for weekend trips) many times and this has never been an issue for me. Of course it could happen, but if you worry about that you will never go anywhere.

Originally Posted by nerfball
When parking at these events especially at hotels at night, has anyone heard of mass issues with theft, damage and otherwise as we park our babies outside?

I ask this because i also own a 1983 Hurst Olds which if anyone knows, when Indy comes around, it is ALWAYS an issue with someone trying to steal something. I have garaged my Z every single minute it is not out but I certainly want to cruise to the museum.
Old 05-11-2019, 03:38 AM
you2slow
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Handicapped accomodations

Does anyone know what accomodations are available for handicapped persons such as handicapped parking spaces, museum tours and events, etc.? Will electric scooters be available for rent, or are they even needed for touring the museum? At Carlisle you can rent electric scooters (they have a limited supply so you must reserve one the night before the day you want to use it) to do the show. I ask these questions because I've never been to the NCM before nor did I participate in the previous Caravan. Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To Parking At Corvette Caravan?

Quick Reply: Parking At Corvette Caravan?