Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Curry Chevrolet -- Scarsdale, NY

Old 09-12-2005, 06:08 PM
EHS
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Curry Chevrolet -- Scarsdale, NY

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...post1552043065

Above is a link to a column lock post. The 2000 Corvette C5 sits in a corner at Curry Chevrolet (to where it was flatbedded as the closest location) because the service manager at at Curry Chevrolet stated that it looks like Dealer #1 "didn't do the recall," but they won't fix the car until the Chevrolet area rep looks at the car, which could be days.

This is after I had received assurances from a Chevy customer service rep that Dealer #2 was authorized to do the fix under warranty, since the "recall" had been done less than 90 days ago.

When I mentioned that, Curry's service manager claimed that the customer service rep does not have that authority, only the area rep.

He did suggest that this may be a case of the car needing to be flatbedded back to the original Dealer #1, who is about sixty miles away. Of course, that's something I need to take up with Dealer #1, according to the service manager.

And, in all this, my fancy GMPP extended warranty won't spring for a rental car, because Curry hasn't even contacted them yet.

So, I sit car less, waiting for the Chevy area rep to make his appearance some time this week -- and this is on a recall.

The quality goes in, before the name goes on.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:40 PM
6SPD98
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18- '19

Default Customer Service

This is just Terrible......Terrible, Customer Service, should not happen in this day and age.....
An area service representative should be sent to this dealership within a day or two.....at the most. You should be given a Rental in the mean time.....immediately.
The car is in an authorized GM repair shop. Why does it have to be sent back to the first shop? Wheather the repair was done correctly or not is not your problem. Fix the damn thing and let GM figure out who is responsible for what.
GM........Gigantic Mistake
Old 09-12-2005, 10:58 PM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Default Curry

GOD FORBID a chevy dealer would want to help out even if you DIDN'T BUY the car there.At least it's in scarsdale,the big,old money part of westchester!Would column lock bypass help out in this situation??
Old 09-12-2005, 11:06 PM
SteveDoten
Le Mans Master

Received 160 Likes on 125 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

until they can stop passing the buck, turn the st. wheel to the right while turning key to ignition, works every time
Old 09-13-2005, 12:47 AM
EHS
Race Director

Originally Posted by connecticut
until they can stop passing the buck, turn the st. wheel to the right while turning key to ignition, works every time
I may go to the dealer in the morning and try that.

They are certainly not doing anything about it.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:30 AM
tomtom72
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'19, '21-'22-'23-'24

Default Just two cents...

Hi EHS, I used to use Curry for my ZR-1. They have a senior tech who is very good, if he is still there. The service advisor I became comfortable with left so I'm reluctant to go back. I think there may have been an issue of him being too receptive to corvette customers' concerns about their cars & he left or was let go. I don't know which. I went in recently to book a service appointment and went to my guy's desk and inquired "may I speak with so & so?". The Ser. Mgr. was at his desk. As the replacement S. A. I made my inquirey with looked up to see a blue collar guy in work clothes he was not interested. His reply was " so & so is no longer with us." and he went back to his paperwork & the Ser. Mgr. made no effort to interject. Just an observation from a blue collar guy. If I were the mgr or the new S.A. I would have at least inquired if I could be of some help. I guess I didn't look worth the effort. I'm not making a judgement on them, if you would have asked me three weeks ago I would have something quite different to say.

I have heard that Arroway Chev. in Katonah is into vettes but I don't have first hand knowledge on this.

Sorry to butt in, just thought this could be valuable to you.
Good luck,
Tom
Old 09-13-2005, 10:27 AM
EHS
Race Director

Originally Posted by tomtom72
Hi EHS,... Sorry to butt in, just thought this could be valuable to you. Good luck, Tom
Tom, thanks for the help and the reply --- here's the text of a post I just made in General Discussion -- save you having to read the link. It looks like the car sits until at least Thursday, when Chevy Customer Service opens back up:

I've already covered the details of this issue in another thread, but I thought I'd pass along the text of the complaint just filed with the Better Business Bureau (BBB):

Complaint Information

Complaint Type: General Complaint
Date Received: 9/13/2005

Primary Complaint Classification: Guarantee or Warranty Issues
Secondary Complaint Classification: Repair Issues

Complaint:

The 2000 Chevrolet Corvette became undrivable with a locked steering column Saturday morning 9/10 in Scarsdale and was flatbedded under GM Roadside Assistance Warranty to _____ Chevrolet, the closest open Chevrolet dealer. The steering column lock issue is subject to a recall issued by GM (#04006A).

In addition to the recall, the car is also covered under an extended warranty by GM.

The recall was performed by another dealer this summer, and _____ Chevrolet refuses to diagnose or repair the car until a Chevrolet representative visits the dealership. Chevrolet Customer Service (request 1-xxxxx 866-952-4368) has contacted them and told them the repair is authorized under the recall/warranty, but _____ refuses to do the work.

GM Warranty Plan will not authorize a rental car (which is included in the coverage) because _____ Chevrolet has not contacted them in three days regarding the repair.

The original dealer service manager that performed the recall (_____ 203-xxx-xxxx) was hung up on by _____'s service manager Mr. xxx when he tried to contact him this morning (9/13) regarding the matter.

Chevrolet Customer Service refuses to authorize a tow/flatbed of the vehicle to two other local dealers who are prepared to diagnose the vehicle and perform the work (Frank Chevrolet in Tarrytown, and Mount Kisco Chevrolet in Mt. Kisco).

In summary, the car is covered under a GM warranty and the problem disabling the car is the subject of a NHTSA recall, yet _____ refuses to work on the car, or even provide a diagnosis to GM (warranty) or Chevrolet (recall), or for that matter, to the customer himself.

The car is my primary means of transportation, and I have no means of getting to work since GM will not authorize a rental car without _____'s diagnosis. Public transportation (to NJ) is not an option, unfortunately.

Desired Settlement: Other (Requires Explanation)

Desired Settlement Explanation :

The dealer should diagnose the problem and perform the repair as covered under both the recall and the warranty.

The dealer should contact General Motors Warranty Plan and tell them of the repair so that GM will authorize a rental car while the vehicle is being repaired.

The way it was left by Chevy Customer Service is that the "manager" handling my case is out until Thursday, and she will be calling me back with an update Thursday afternoon.

GMPP is totally useless -- they won't do a thing until they hear from the dealer.

Oh, I even tried the GM executive offices because my dedicated customer service rep won't be back for another two days (the one who told me the repair was authorized). They told me they have "full confidence" in all their dealers.

$55,000 car, stuck under the recall issue, with a maufacturer's warranty and never mind a repair, they won't even look at the thing.

No wonder GM is going bust. I grew up with Chevys, have driven them all my life, but this is the last one for me.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:28 PM
SpeedRacerGirl
Le Mans Master

Location: Hudson Valley Region, NY The "sonoma/napa" of the Northeast~~~~~ Are we there yet?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08
Default Curry

HI EHS:

Just two quick things that might assist you...

1.) Yes, Arroway does do vettes, I use them myself. They are pretty good and MUCH better then your other options of New Rochelle and Curry.

2.) Curry SUCKS! I would demand that the car be removed from them at thier expense. You may want to pull out of your hat that you are aware that they have had several incidents with shady business practices in the past and that another blemish on thier mark isnt going to sit well. In fact I know first hand that they took in 4x4 with a blown transfer case and sold it without fixing it hoping that the new owner wouldnt notice until after the 30 days were up. So yes, they suck! And yes, you should complain.. maybe they will at least straigten up or even better close down!

Good Luck!
Old 09-14-2005, 11:24 AM
Foo King Zo6
Le Mans Master

Location: E.C.S 402 Stroker, Who wants To Taste It! 3:73'S 520 RWH 496 TQ in Los pantolones
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your right they do SUCK!! i'm not going to get in to it cause it would take very long to type..
Old 09-15-2005, 06:41 PM
EHS
Race Director

Here's the update:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...&page=10&pp=20

$200 bucks for work not needed, nor required under the recall.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:39 AM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Default recall

so,did you get your car back yet??and,why did you pay 200 bucks??call gm or somebody and raise hell!
Old 09-20-2005, 06:58 PM
EHS
Race Director

Originally Posted by jessem
so,did you get your car back yet??and,why did you pay 200 bucks??call gm or somebody and raise hell!
Yes, I got my car back.

The way I did it was by paying $200, they weren't giving it back otherwise.

Thanks to Ken Fichtner, who put me in touch with the right person at GM, I am now working on getting back the $200 (probably through the service manager at the "first" dealership, not Curry), and also being reimbursed for the related travel expenses.

Chevy Customer Service has been completely useless, and if it wasn't for at least a call or two a day, plus filing with every government agency I could think of, I would not be even close to getting anything back.

It's a shame that Chevy tortures you like the health insurance companies and hopes you'll just go away. I didn't.

This has probably cost GM considerably more than the whole thing was worth -- I guess their corporate policy these days is to roll the dice and see if the customer complains. It's too bad they didn't make the right decision right away.

Get notified of new replies

To Curry Chevrolet -- Scarsdale, NY

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Curry Chevrolet -- Scarsdale, NY