Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Large dealerships in the NYC, Philly area

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 12:12 AM
opua
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Large dealerships in the NYC, Philly area

Hi, I am looking for used C5. What are the large dealerships in the New Jersey, Philly and NYC area?

I know of only one: Kerbeck.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:40 AM
BrooklynC6
aka allbottle¬hrottle

Location: Brooklyn New York The DVL and the chicken sleep with the fishes....
St. Jude Donor '08

For used cars , check out the local sales in the "C5's for sale " section of the forum

Used car dealers are the worst
Old 03-09-2008, 12:41 AM
Humanoid 2.0
Team Owner

Received 130 Likes on 86 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

I would guess Paramus auto mall in NJ is the next largest.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:27 AM
Rex Ruby
Le Mans Master

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts
Philly 'Burbs Events Coordinator

Rothrock in Springfield, PA has about 6 or 8 C5s on their lot.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:14 AM
6spdC6
Team Owner

Location: Northern NYs Adirondack Mountains,http://www.visitsacandaga.com.
Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Kerbeck in AC NJ will have a "few "Vettes on the lot.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:18 AM
NJ01vette
Instructor

Originally Posted by opua
Hi, I am looking for used C5. What are the large dealerships in the New Jersey, Philly and NYC area?

I know of only one: Kerbeck.
Try Classic Chevrolet, they have a pretty good selecton. They are on Rt. 38 across from the Moorestown Mall.
My .02 is dont waste your time driving to Atlantic City...Lots of new cars there, but......anyway..try Classic
Old 03-10-2008, 01:07 PM
0Mike69@ECS
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Classic usually has plenty of cars, but they are way overpriced. Usually anywhere from 2k-5k more than they should be. Having looked in there a number of times, they dont even have the knowledge to back it up. Look there, buy buy somewhere else.

Chevy 73 down in Berlin usually has some good prices...but I think the best bet is buying a car off the forum if you can find what you want...
Old 03-10-2008, 05:49 PM
RPOZ4Z
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

if you're looking for a used C5, your best bet is to buy off a private owner.

you can still find a good deal sometimes at a dealer, but you need to really shop around, and not just new car dealers, look at ALL car dealers.....you never know what you might find.

I bought my '98 pace car from Classic in Moorestown, did I know more about the car than the salesman...YES, did I get a good deal...YES, so I knew exactly what I was getting. but in my case, Classic had been sitting on the '98 pace car for a LONG time and they needed to get rid of it, so they were willing to give me a good deal.
they also gave me a very good price on my '85 coupe that I traded on the '98.

Last edited by RPOZ4Z; 03-10-2008 at 05:53 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:30 PM
TC-Vette
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '08

If you want to buy off a Chevy Dealer, then I can attest that Paramus Automall is pretty decent - they have a separate Corvette showroom away from the other cars.
But for a C5, your best bet in these parts is the classifieds. Three places I would look:
1) Autotrader.com
2) cars.com
3) ebay.com

All the local newspapers have contracts with either autotrader or cars.com to handle the online part of their classifieds.
Ebay is the outlet that a number of dealers use for high quality cars that don't move on their lot, but they don't want to take to auction. You can nearly always go to the actual dealer's lot before bidding, or sometimes even negotiation right on the spot and they'll close the auction early.

And all three have a "Search within XX miles of zip code" feature. Ebay's is a bit hard to find - they have two different interfaces - but look on the left hand side for a place to enter a zip code and milage range.

If you want to search around an area other than where you live, you can use the USPS.gov site to get the zip code of any town that you want to use as a central point.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:16 AM
opua
Instructor

Thanks. I'll try the Paramus Automall, contes, and Chevy 73 then plus the online stuff. For new cars, I think Kerbeck is the best...I got a great quote for a built to order C6. I just don't want to spend that much on a car thought for now.

Classic in Moorestown appears to be overpriced. I also got a noticed the fine print...the prices posted are not the selling price, it assumes you have a trade in for $2000-$4000.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:13 PM
Brian All Vette.net
Racer

Come check us out!!!

www.allvette.net

We are right outside Philly in the town of West Conshohocken. We always have 15-20 hand picked, super low mileage, loaded up with options C5's and C6's.

BTW, I got the email notification that you wanted to come down on saturday, but for some reason, the PM is not in my inbox.... Anywho, anytime saturday works for us. The hours on saturday are usually appointment only type of thing. Let me know what works for you and come on over!!
Old 03-12-2008, 08:24 PM
Marc V.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike69
Classic usually has plenty of cars, but they are way overpriced. Usually anywhere from 2k-5k more than they should be. Having looked in there a number of times, they dont even have the knowledge to back it up. Look there, buy buy somewhere else.

Chevy 73 down in Berlin usually has some good prices...but I think the best bet is buying a car off the forum if you can find what you want...
My advise is to stay away from Chevy 73. Lots of dissatisfied customers(And not just Vette owners)
Old 03-13-2008, 09:40 PM
BUSMAN C6
Pro

Originally Posted by Marc V.
My advise is to stay away from Chevy 73. Lots of dissatisfied customers(And not just Vette owners)
STAY FAR AWAY
Never bought but tried

Get notified of new replies

To Large dealerships in the NYC, Philly area

Quick Reply: Large dealerships in the NYC, Philly area