Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Letter to Chip Miller Carlisle Productions

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2001, 06:32 PM
YO-EL
Race Director

Received 868 Likes on 433 Posts

Default Letter to Chip Miller Carlisle Productions

Dear Chip:
A a patron of Corvettes at Carlisle for the past 10 years, I have increasingly become dismayed over the designation of the area between the Hospitality Tent & the Grandstand for the use of Corvette parking by various "Registry's".

As I ponder the thought behind this decision, it appears as a sound way of keeping similiar cars & owners together. However, as a patron to this event, it is nothing but a waste of space where one strolling can encounter numerous cars that all look alike. The vast number and similar colors of these Registry cars makes it senseless for your guests to stop & look.

One of the highlights of coming to Corvettes at Carlisle is the opportunity to view the different generations, styles & colors, & speak to the owners of these fine cars.

By segregating certain groupings of cars, i.e., 40th Anniversary, 35th Anniversary, 82 Collectors Edition, Pace Cars, ZR1, it is easier for one to compare & contrast if they so desire, however, by allowing these groups to occupy the "prime location" below the Grandstand to the Hospitality Tent, I feel you are doing a great disservice to you patrons by NOT making a variety of cars available to be viewed in the most accessible area.

For years these groups have had this luxury & exclusitivity. The same goal of keeping these groups together could be accomplished by locating them on the "outer edges" of the "Fun Field", while allowing other groups, or just a multitude of cars park in this area.

I would think it would be more attractive, interesting, & fun for everyone if they could stroll thru this area and be able to view a true mixture of cars, from every generation, of every style & color, instead of the current setup.

As I'm sure you are aware, Corvettes at Carlisle is a tremendous event; not just for the cars, but for the opportunity to meet the people you talk to via the internet on a daily or weekly basis. People plan their vacations around it! What better way to promote comroderie than having people from all over the country be allowed to park together in their own designated area based upon their internet group!

I for one think this would revolutionize the Fun Display. I feel it is imperative that this arrangement be considered, or some alternative be derived so others can park in the area of which I speak, and not scattered about.

Registrys and internet groupings aside, there have been many people turned away from this area because they are not in that particular registry, only to find another non registry car parked in the spot held by a registry member a few hours later.

Fair is fair, and designating this location for select Registrys and no one else, year after year, is not.

You can easily designate Registry areas below the Auction area, below the car wash area & on the other side of the road across from the Grandstand.

This will open up what I call the "main" part of the Fun Display for another grouping, or the general public.

Many others as well as myself am tired of being "pushed off to the side", year after year, and having to walk forever to meet friends & get back to my car.

I respectfully request you to review this situation & open up this area for specific internet groupings or the general Fun Field participant.

Thank you for your consideration,

Ellis Gray

Old 12-12-2001, 07:15 PM
69shark
Melting Slicks

Location: Godspeed Mikey Hogsmak Invitational Spring Skyline Drive Corvette Cruise
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Letter to Chip Miller Carlisle Productions (indypace78)

:cheers: :smash:
Great letter, this is the exact reason why after 12 years of going to Carlisle that I'll be making it a non annual event from now on. :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :nono:
Old 12-12-2001, 07:36 PM
YO-EL
Race Director

Default Re: Letter to Chip Miller Carlisle Productions (69shark)

Let Chip Miller know....

Forward you post to him at:
info@ifounditatcarlisle.com

[Modified by indypace78, 8:07 PM 12/12/2001]
Old 12-12-2001, 08:52 PM
0Mike69@ECS
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

:cool:
Old 12-12-2001, 09:55 PM
Plastic Pig
Live Free or Die
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: One thing is for sure this kind of discourse and BS would not be tolerated on the NCRS forum. Ohio
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Re: Letter to Chip Miller Carlisle Productions (Mike69)

I agree. It is a tremendous waste of space, and boring to look at the same car overe and over. Variety would be nice.

:cheers:

Bob
Old 12-13-2001, 11:57 AM
wsaracen
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Letter to Chip Miller Carlisle Productions (Duntov-097)

it does make nice pictures though. Me personally, maybe they should leave one small section on the bottom open. When they are ready to take the pictures, get all the cars to that section, take the snap and then let them scatter out all over again. Then let the next group of cars come down for the pic.

PS last year was my first year at carlisle.
Old 12-13-2001, 01:04 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Default Re: Letter to Chip Miller Carlisle Productions (wsaracen)

And I was hoping they would add a Z06 section there and I would finally get a prime spot. ;)
Old 12-13-2001, 11:40 PM
Rex Ruby
Le Mans Master

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts
Philly 'Burbs Events Coordinator

Default Re: Letter to Chip Miller Carlisle Productions (agentf1)

SORRY ELLIS but I disagree. I like seeing all the same cars together and have parked with the 40th registry for the past 2 years. Now IF Chip would let the forum park together I'd park there. :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:
Gee, I wonder where you parked when you had YOUR Pace Car :rolleyes:

[Modified by Rex Ruby, 10:42 PM 12/13/2001]
Old 12-14-2001, 04:00 AM
boweryboy
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In II Veteran

I respect you opinion but I have a hard time being to critical of Chip. He is a real great Corvette Guy and has made it to about 3 of the last several road course events I have attended in different very awesome and expensive Corvettes that he personally has raced around the track.
Old 12-14-2001, 10:20 AM
YO-EL
Race Director

Default Re: Letter to Chip Miller Carlisle Productions (Rex Ruby)

SORRY ELLIS but I disagree. I like seeing all the same cars together and have parked with the 40th registry for the past 2 years. Now IF Chip would let the forum park together I'd park there. :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:
Gee, I wonder where you parked when you had YOUR Pace Car :rolleyes:

[Modified by Rex Ruby, 10:42 PM 12/13/2001]
John: All well & good for YOU, bro. I fully expected someone that has the luxury of having a reserved spot in that area weather they arrive at 6 AM or 9 AM, YEAR AFTER YEAR to feel they way you do...

Also, when I had my Pace Car, I NEVER parked it in the Registry. I TRIED to park in in the middle infield area of which I speak... More convenient, more people viewing my car & stopping to talk, etc....

And this is not against Chip Miller... It is a request that he review this policy, & make Carlisle more fun, convenient & attractive for everyone.
Old 12-15-2001, 01:56 AM
VetBoyZR1
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Letter to Chip Miller Carlisle Productions (Rex Ruby)

You want some cheese with that whine?
Hey Rex, check out these Rubies!

As for the ZR-1's, this year's show was the ZR-1 reunion, so Chip did allow more room for the larger number of cars expected. It was his plan. We don't get that much space every year. Two years ago I arrived at 9AM and had to park on the hill because the LT5 Registry space was full, so no it isn't like reserved parking. Why don't you lobby Chip to provide a better area for your club without knocking the others in the process?
Old 12-15-2001, 09:32 AM
RichS
Le Mans Master

Received 111 Likes on 99 Posts

Default Re: Letter to Chip Miller Carlisle Productions (VetBoyZR1)

Sorry I like the groups all together. This was the first year with the GS there and I thought it was cool meeting all the other guys from The GS Regestry. Even before we had the GS I thought it was wild seeing the groups all lined up.
Old 12-15-2001, 09:43 AM
YO-EL
Race Director

Default Re: Letter to Chip Miller Carlisle Productions (RichS)

Sorry I like the groups all together. This was the first year with the GS thereI thought it was wild seeing the groups all lined up.
Yo cheif, I'm not against the groups being together, I'm against them ALWAYS having their alotted location in the prime middle area every year.
Get it?

[Modified by indypace78, 8:44 AM 12/15/2001]
Old 12-15-2001, 09:51 AM
YO-EL
Race Director

Default Re: Letter to Chip Miller Carlisle Productions (VetBoyZR1)

You want some cheese with that whine?

Figures that would come from someone who parks in the middle... You just don't get it do you?

Two years ago I arrived at 9AM and had to park on the hill because the LT5 Registry space was full, so no it isn't like reserved parking.

No dude, it IS reserved parking, you just didn't get there in time.

Why don't you lobby Chip to provide a better area for your club without knocking the others in the process?
[b]I'm NOT knocking the other groups! I'm knocking their YEARLY ALLOTTED LOCATION, WHICH IS NOT FAIR TO OTHER PATRONS, be it corvetteforum members, CCDV members, or anyone who wants to be in the Fun Field.

Chip or his staff can easily designate the "outer areas" for the Registry groups to all park together.

If this happens, see how happy you'll be. Especially if its EVERY YEAR!
Old 12-15-2001, 09:55 AM
Brian
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I always walk through that area without stopping to look at all the cars because they are the same thing. Looks nice with all of them together though. But like you say indy, they're all the same so I don't stop to look at them all, maybe one or two.
Old 12-15-2001, 10:32 AM
RichS
Le Mans Master

Yo cheif, I'm not against the groups being together, I'm against them ALWAYS having their alotted location in the prime middle area every year.
Get it?
So why should we park on the hill Cheif?

[Modified by RichS, 9:32 AM 12/15/2001]
Old 12-15-2001, 10:36 AM
0Mike69@ECS
Former Vendor

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Carl & Rich, I dont think Ellis is trying to get Chip to knock the groups all together... It's just a matter of Carlisle is a huge show, and when we wake up at 5 am to insure that we get a prime spot on the fun field (like wee did last year) it dosent matter because in recent years all the "prime spots" are all ready taken up by the Various regstrys.

You guys know I'm a "group" type of guy. I go to these events to meet all my friends and meet new ones. I don't think the groups should be dibanded, and I'm sure that Ellis thinks the same way. But every year that whole section in front of the Grand stands is closed to those of us with "regular" vettes. And think about this.. Would it be cool to look up the hill at Carlisle and see the Rubies all together on one side of the hill, GS's on the other side, The C5 Registry on top of the hill?? Or maybe even entire rows set up in this fashion.

I think it would be kind of cool to look at the field that way. And I think it would add a nice variety to the fun field. And give every one a fair shot at getting the "prime spots" especially when yyou wake up at 5 to get them! :D

Get notified of new replies

To Letter to Chip Miller Carlisle Productions

Old 12-15-2001, 10:42 AM
RichS
Le Mans Master

Mike I don't wake up at 5:00 I leave at 5:00 to get there :sleep: The biggist problem is no one wants to be on that steep azz hill. No one likes to even walk up it let alone park on it!
Old 12-15-2001, 10:44 AM
0Mike69@ECS
Former Vendor

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Re: Letter to Chip Miller Carlisle Productions (RichS)

Mike I don't wake up at 5:00 I leave at 5:00 to get there :sleep: The biggist problem is no one wants to be on that steep azz hill. No one likes to even walk up it let alone park on it!
You dont have to tell me! I'm there all the time! It is however one of the most comfortable places to sleep on the feild! :lol:

Actually we leave the hotel in Carlisle at 5 to get there!!! We were on the feild by 6 this year!

[Modified by Mike69, 9:45 AM 12/15/2001]
Old 12-15-2001, 12:33 PM
YO-EL
Race Director

Let me again reiterate the gist of my letter....

It is NOT against Registrys at all.

It IS about opening up or changing the yearly designated area between the Granstand & the Hospitality tent. THAT IS ALL.

Let the Registrys park together. Doesn't need to be on the "hill".
It can be anywhere, below the auction area, car wash area, or on the other side of the road opposite the Grandstand...

Just allow "others" on a first come first serve basis, or allow some "other" groups (internet etc.), to enjoy the convenience of this very prime area.

It really is unfair to designate this area for the same people year after year.

Yes, convenience & exposure have EVERYTHING to do with it.

Quick Reply: Letter to Chip Miller Carlisle Productions