Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

CFNE Remembers - 9/11/01

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 09:44 PM
Marc V.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm getting sick to my stomach just looking at these pics.

I can't imagine what tomorrow is like for the friends and families who lost loved ones.

Let's also not forget the Pentagon and Schwanksville PA(spelling?)

Our world truely changed forever that day.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:49 PM
RPOZ51
Race Director

Location: For the strength of the pack is the wolf . . . . . . and the strength of the wolf is the pack.
Received 141 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc V.

I can't imagine what tomorrow is like for the friends and families who lost loved ones.

I don't mean to forget them, but NY and the Trade are where most of us were, and what most of us relate to.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:04 PM
Sparkieeee
Team Owner

Location: Brooklyn, NYC .. If I can make it there, I can make it anywhere, New York, New York - Fred Ebb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Originally Posted by Marc V.

We had to go to a gallery opening in the city tonight and we went through the Battery Tunnel and passed Ground Zero .... we have done that 1000's of times in the last 7 years, but tonight was different. I really thought that I was going to throw up.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:30 PM
1%r
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 through '17

Never forget and be proud to be an American.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:09 AM
Vettegator
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by EPMM 03 C5
in my lifetime i have been to the towers 4 times. this picture above is what always stuck in my mind when visiting the towers! i would always look up and be like damm this towers are tall my last visit there was in the fall of 2000 and i'll never forget it just like we all should'nt forget about that day

I was at WTC at least 2 times a week for work. My last time there was 8/27/01 and I was training a new hire. After our meeting there, we had gone outside and just looked up at high the towers went. This pic above was how I remember seeing them.
I was supposed to be there on 9/11, but at 2 PM. The day before, I was asked if I can make my appt the next day. Thankfully, the folks I worked with, were in the lower level, and made it out safely.
Still cant believe it happened. Still cant believe it was 7 years ago.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:33 AM
rfatlanta1
Racer

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

We have all our flags out and will wear our memorial shirts tomorrow as well. It is terrible how many people forget what day it is and don't even bother to put out their flag. I imagine the people in and around NY feel it more intensely as a lot of people up there know friends or relatives who worked at the WTC but this was a national tragedy and should be treated so. At the very least, people can put out their flag and/or wear a flag pin. Down here, you unfortunately don't see much 9/11 remembrance. Ed tried to get a 9/11 banner and couldn't find one anywhere but our flags will show that we remember.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:59 AM
INTRUBL
Le Mans Master

never forget
Old 09-11-2008, 07:16 AM
Sparkieeee
Team Owner

Location: Brooklyn, NYC .. If I can make it there, I can make it anywhere, New York, New York - Fred Ebb
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
Default I took this last week -

Old 09-11-2008, 07:35 AM
06 DSO
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

A pray this morning to all those who lost their lives this day 7 years ago, to the " Valiant & Brave " Police, Firemen, Emergency responders, to the innocent who did nothing other then go to work that day. A pray to all the families who bare the scar of this day by losing a love one.. And a Pray to a Nation who will never forget what we mean as a people, united for a common cause - Defender of Liberty and to our Military who today carry out this mission with the vow " Country..God...Family...
Old 09-11-2008, 08:27 AM
Rogue Wave
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-16-'17

Old 09-11-2008, 08:30 AM
JVM225
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06

I’ve seen hundreds of photos over the last seven years and none of them come close to depicting the enormity of it all. By that point in my life I thought I had seen it all. The acts of heroism and generosity that I witnessed were most notably by members of the NYPD, PAPD, FDNY, and EMS, but certainly not exclusive to them. I’ll never forget the selflessness, emotion, or the destruction that I witnessed that day or in the days and weeks that followed.
I will forever appreciate the brave souls that continue to watch over the rest of us while we go about our normal lives and stand ready to respond again if need be.
May God bless each and every one of them and bring them safely home to their loved ones at the end of their days
Old 09-11-2008, 09:04 AM
RPOZ51
Race Director

Location: For the strength of the pack is the wolf . . . . . . and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

Found this one this morning.

Credit to the Owner
Old 09-11-2008, 11:48 AM
SteveDoten
Le Mans Master

Received 160 Likes on 125 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Tom-great post
Old 09-11-2008, 12:23 PM
TryNkeepUp
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

I've tried for hours to think of an appropriate post or response to this thread and for today. We all remember where we were and every emotion we felt that day is as raw today as it was then. The images posted here are forever burned into my memory as if it were yesterday. I will never forget that overwhelming feeling of sadness, shock or paralyzing fear as the realization of what was unfolding sank in. Nor will I forget sinking to the floor as I watched in utter disbelief, trying to wrap my mind around what I was seeing. My son was just under two years old........he sat very still and quiet in my arms for hours that day.....as if he knew that it was not a day to be fussy. I wonder what went through his tiny little mind while watching the very images that tore out my heart.........now, years later, I've saved all the newspaper articles and videos and my son and I have talked about it several times. It's amazing the comprehension that he has.

Today, we are both honored to wear symbols of the NYPD and thankful for the privilege of calling one of New Yorks Finest our very best friend. We love you

We are also thankful for all the men and women that protect our freedom today and our hearts go out to every single American that was affected by this tragedy.

Last edited by TryNkeepUp; 09-11-2008 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:29 PM
6SPD98
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18- '19

Default Twin Towers

Originally Posted by Sparkieeee
We had to go to a gallery opening in the city tonight and we went through the Battery Tunnel and passed Ground Zero .... we have done that 1000's of times in the last 7 years, but tonight was different. I really thought that I was going to throw up.

I hope you were in the Mustang.
Every time I cross the Verrazano Bridge heading home, I look over to my left where they use to stand, I wish they would build them back....just like they were.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:54 PM
slab0meat
Drifting

A terrible day I will never forget. I can't say I knew anyone that was killed that day, though I know a few who's loved ones were. Very strange just thinking back to that day, and all the feelings that went along with it.

On a side note, the house directly across the street from my house was the home to the Flight 93 co-pilot. His wife moved shortly before my fiance and I moved into the neighborhood, though the wife and child still come by, since they are good friends with a direct neighbor of mine.

Again, no direct correlation to me or my life, but it's an interesting (to me) piece of history for my current home.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:01 PM
RPOZ51
Race Director

Originally Posted by Steve Doten
Tom-great post

Get notified of new replies

To CFNE Remembers - 9/11/01

Old 09-11-2008, 06:12 PM
SpeedRacerGirl
Le Mans Master

Location: Hudson Valley Region, NY The "sonoma/napa" of the Northeast~~~~~ Are we there yet?
St. Jude Donor '08

Nice to see that someone posted this.. while it might not be something that some of us choose to really remember... or talk about.. we can never forget. Esp. living here in the NY metro area

God Bless those who suffered, those who continue to suffer, the soldiers who put thier lives on the line each day to protect this country from enemies domestic and foreign and the families and friends that support them
Old 09-11-2008, 06:21 PM
1%r
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 through '17

Over 600 residents from the village here never returned back home here.

It was and will always be a very sad day for me. I'll never forget and always remember.

Please say a prayer for all the solders that keep our great country free.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:52 PM
Ralphyboy
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

This day touches us all. It keeps us grounded in our humanity. Whether you knew someone there or not, you cannot help shedding a tear for the loss. Yet, we must always remember that any loss like this in the world is a tragedy. When innocent people are taken, we are all diminished in some way. Whether it happens here, or at the other end of the world, there is no reason for this. As passionate, compassionate human beings, this kind of senselessness must end at some point.

Quick Reply: CFNE Remembers - 9/11/01