Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Capital District Area of NY, Dealer service

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 09:30 PM
dave85c4
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Capital District Area of NY, Dealer service

Ok, I have a 2011 certified corvette, if I need service work done has anyone had any good luck with local dealers. Denooyer, Depaula, Northstar, I know Denooyer sells quite a few vettes, I have brought avalanche in for service there a few years ago. But that a far cry from a corvette. For that matter any Chevy dealer within 50 miles of Clifton Park.
Old 12-31-2015, 10:33 AM
6spdC6
Team Owner

Location: Northern NYs Adirondack Mountains,http://www.visitsacandaga.com.
Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by dave85c4
Ok, I have a 2011 certified corvette, if I need service work done has anyone had any good luck with local dealers. Denooyer, Depaula, Northstar, I know Denooyer sells quite a few vettes, I have brought avalanche in for service there a few years ago. But that a far cry from a corvette. For that matter any Chevy dealer within 50 miles of Clifton Park.
I have been bringing my Vettes (05-07and now a 15) to Mangino Chevy just outside of Amsterdam NY. Their a small dealership and have done a good job for me. Service: (518) 770-1217. Also have had no problem with them because I did not buy my Vette there!

I had a bunch of work done on my Vettes and 4x4PUs in the PAST at DeNooyer in Albany and it was satisfactory. That info is now DATED as I moved out of the Albany area in 04.

Last edited by 6spdC6; 12-31-2015 at 10:36 AM.
Old 12-31-2015, 01:18 PM
dave85c4
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks
Old 03-12-2019, 02:24 AM
Spitfire Mk1
Formula 1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 233 Likes on 140 Posts

Anyone with recent experiences from Northstar Chevrolet in Clifton Park?
Old 06-19-2019, 12:02 PM
George_L
Burning Brakes

Received 754 Likes on 394 Posts

I'm in the Capital District and I was lucky enough to have just found a shop near me where the owner and head mechanic, Dave Wood, is a Corvette owner. I have been taking my car to Denooyer Chevrolet and I have gotten great service from Dan Hart, but when I called recently they couldn't guarantee that he would work on my car. At the recommendation of a fellow Corvette owner I tried Express Auto Repair on Plank Road in Clifton Park. I needed my brake fluid flushed. Dave was super careful with the car and very meticulous. He hand loosened and torqued the wheels using a socket that won't mark the wheels. His shop also has a Hunter Alignment rack and Dave has the tools needed to set the rear caster (most local dealers (if not all) do not have the tools required). Dave also has the capability to change the wide tires without damaging the rims or tires. If you are looking for someone to work on your cars give him a try. I'll be returning in the future. Thanks Dave.

Hunter Revolution Tire Machine

Hunter Alignment Rack

Dave hand torquing the lug nuts

Last edited by George_L; 06-19-2019 at 12:03 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Capital District Area of NY, Dealer service

Quick Reply: Capital District Area of NY, Dealer service