Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Roll Bar installation near or in CT

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 09:06 AM
davered00ss
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Roll Bar installation near or in CT

Looking to get a roll bar installed. Any recommendations? Expecting car to run low 10's. I'm thinking a 6pt chrome molly cage.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:02 AM
bsalie99
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I went with DMC racing ,http://www.dmcracing.com/.
The are top end race car fabricators. They did a 6 pt bar in my C5 Z06 that blends into the interior like it was factory. they sere even able to keep the oem seat belts. the welding is artwork and fit was the best I have ever seen. The only issue is getting into see them. Their backlog can be long but the results are great. I hav seen there full cage in a C5 and it is just as nice or better. It is in the C5 Z06 drag week car from Nantucket.
The following users liked this post:
trayack (03-27-2017)
Old 03-27-2017, 08:48 PM
trayack
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

I posted in your thread in the Drag Racing section.

The cage in my car is artwork and the nicest fitting 8.50 cert'd cage I've ever seen in a full interior vette. I've also seen some really horrific jobs done by some very big names in this sport.....

DMC is the best....period. He's the only one that touches my stuff when it comes to fab work. If you want to see it first hand the car is currently at Slowhawk Performance in Bridgewater, swing by and feel free to poke around it all you want.

- Travis
The following users liked this post:
davered00ss (03-28-2017)
Old 03-28-2017, 07:30 AM
davered00ss
Pro

Originally Posted by trayack
I posted in your thread in the Drag Racing section.

The cage in my car is artwork and the nicest fitting 8.50 cert'd cage I've ever seen in a full interior vette. I've also seen some really horrific jobs done by some very big names in this sport.....

DMC is the best....period. He's the only one that touches my stuff when it comes to fab work. If you want to see it first hand the car is currently at Slowhawk Performance in Bridgewater, swing by and feel free to poke around it all you want.

- Travis
I know the place and Don very well. I think DMC did his red T/A also.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:03 AM
bsalie99
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

the hardest part is getting in, he is so busy. The good thing is a 6 pt bar is side work for him, he did mine over a weekend as a fit in. One word of advice, have them paint it, it is a bitch to do after it is installed
Old 03-28-2017, 08:55 PM
trayack
Drifting

Originally Posted by davered00ss
I know the place and Don very well. I think DMC did his red T/A also.
DMC didn't do Don's TA, they were too backlogged for the timeline Don was working with. I believe Tube Chassis Designz did the TA.

- Travis
Old 03-28-2017, 08:57 PM
trayack
Drifting

Originally Posted by bsalie99
the hardest part is getting in, he is so busy. The good thing is a 6 pt bar is side work for him, he did mine over a weekend as a fit in. One word of advice, have them paint it, it is a bitch to do after it is installed
Agreed on the paint. My timeline didn't allow for paint before I had to make my licensing runs so I did it myself when I brought the car home. Total pain in the ***, but it came out good and I can just touch it up as needed at home so I guess it worked out ok.

- Travis
Old 04-06-2017, 05:58 PM
Idle
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Lots of people run down to 10.0 in the 08+ vette's, no cage. That rule for 08+ and 10.0 stands at most tracks.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:29 AM
davered00ss
Pro

Mine is supercharged, so no way of hiding that its modified. I'm sure a Z06 or Zr1 could get away with it appearing stock-ish
Old 04-08-2017, 06:07 AM
trayack
Drifting

Originally Posted by Idle
Lots of people run down to 10.0 in the 08+ vette's, no cage. That rule for 08+ and 10.0 stands at most tracks.
Well, they shouldn't. That NHRA amendment is for UNMODIFIED vehicles that are 08+....technically once you play around with it and change it from 100% factory that amendment doesn't apply.

Just FYI I guess.

- Travis

Get notified of new replies

To Roll Bar installation near or in CT

Quick Reply: Roll Bar installation near or in CT