Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Not Ready For Prime Time (Car Show Web Site.)

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 11:29 AM
MrJoelieC
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Not Ready For Prime Time (Car Show Web Site.)

SO for a while now I have been getting a bit frustrated that I keep missing the "Really Good Car Shows."

It seems like I keep finding out about them like a week later.... I'll run into someone and they are like:
"Jeez I'm surprised I did not see you at the Car Show last week at the Budweiser Plant."
And my usual response is:
What Car Show?!?!?

I've tried Google searches... and there is a guy who hands out "free rag" around here but it's a big awkward, newspaper, like, thing, and I can't plan when I can go to a show or shows like that... I need to be able to see it on a calendar! SO I can plan Yes! It's all about me!)

In talking to a few of my fellow "Gear Heads" we all thought: Wouldn't it be nice if all the shows were in one spot that you could share and socialize by both Facebook, and Twitter, and just by having them all in one spot be able to socialize them by the old fashioned way (Word of Mouth.) with your buds.

My Friends said:
Joel, you're a geek, and like smart, (Sometimes.) cant you cook up a fancy website? you know, and like - geek it up for Car guys? and like, You know, have a contact page to find out about shows and stuff? That's wicked easy for you right?
Well, Not exactly easy. After some research, I learned there used to be such a website. "NewEnglandCarShows Dot Com" used to be a thing I guess and the rumor I heard is the guy that started and maintained it was an older Gentlemen that retired and moved down to Florida... So now that website is locked up with Go-Daddy."

SO - This past 4th of July after the 5th time the above conversation (Over a beer.) I stewed about it some more... I couldn't sleep last Thursday and hence I started drinking a few Beers and surfing the web trying to find out more....

I went to the same web-hosting I use for my "Beer Drinkers United" website and started looking for the Availability of Domains.... I found a domain and registered it and set up a website based on the same template I use for my Beer Website.

It's not ready.... It's close though.... I started showing it to friends who both love it and of course, there are a few who "Poo-Poo" the idea saying:
Most people just use Facebook to promote the events
So - Admins If this is bad and You do not want me to do this just delete the thread... I'll understand...

But - Bear in mind I want this new site to be a companion to all sites... for all those who love all cars and love going to car shows to be able to submit their events and have a central repository (For the New England Area) And eventually have links to the specialty sites like this very site...

Click Here to Beta Preview my new Auto Show site... And feel free to socialize it, and if you know of shows: Use the contact page...
Old 07-11-2017, 07:02 AM
Rescue Rogers
Dementer sole survivor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6,260 Likes on 3,905 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C3 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2016 C3 of Year Finalist

Thanks for getting this together for us. I like that mag you talked about but your website will be quicker and easier to use. Thanks for your time and effort.
It will be nice to get the shows right on my phone

And yes the show at the bud plant Sunday was pretty cool
The following users liked this post:
MrJoelieC (07-11-2017)
Old 07-11-2017, 12:12 PM
Redc8z06
Melting Slicks

Received 1,566 Likes on 860 Posts

Nice job! Having started and run an international corvette club and building and maintaining websites I know it is a lot of work so kudos for doing this.

Also good article on detailing your car. I've been detailing for over 30 years and won a lot of shows so anyone in the Nashua NH area ever wants to get together to learn to detail your car I'm happy to help.
The following users liked this post:
MrJoelieC (07-11-2017)
Old 07-11-2017, 01:45 PM
MrJoelieC
Instructor

Originally Posted by Rescue Rogers

And yes the show at the bud plant Sunday was pretty cool
I'm Pleasantly surprised it displays well on my smartphone

Oh and it looks like there is a "Show n' Shine Car show at the Plant in August.. I put it on the Calendar:

http://www.newenglandautoshows.com/e...nstance_id=147

It's the Same day as the Corvettes By The Sea Event in Rhode Island... Also on the Calendar:

http://www.newenglandautoshows.com/e...nstance_id=145

Thanks for looking at it
Old 07-11-2017, 03:17 PM
Rescue Rogers
Dementer sole survivor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6,260 Likes on 3,905 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C3 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2016 C3 of Year Finalist

I have it already saved on my phones home page
Old 07-17-2017, 02:15 PM
MrJoelieC
Instructor

Originally Posted by Redc7z06
Also good article on detailing your car. I've been detailing for over 30 years and won a lot of shows so anyone in the Nashua NH area ever wants to get together to learn to detail your car I'm happy to help.
Good to meat you at the JAK event on Saturday...Looks like the post is till here.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:04 PM
Redc8z06
Melting Slicks

Received 1,566 Likes on 860 Posts

Originally Posted by MrJoelieC
Good to meat you at the JAK event on Saturday...Looks like the post is till here.
Same here funny how small the Corvette world is.

Keep up the good work on the web site!

Get notified of new replies

To Not Ready For Prime Time (Car Show Web Site.)

Quick Reply: Not Ready For Prime Time (Car Show Web Site.)