Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

NJMP Track Night July 25

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 01:11 PM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,314 Likes on 754 Posts

Default NJMP Track Night July 25

Looking forward to this event. Hope to see some Forum members there (I am not particularly aggressive, however, and will run "Atomic" with the Novice group)

Anyway, just realized my old hand-me-down helmet is now disqualified and so ordered a cheap Snell M2010 on-line. It came!!! no need to worry about a loaner.

Question -- does anybody know if the SCCA gang running this event typically would have a few "loaner" helmets on hand (just in case shipping gets screwed up)?

Thanks...

Last edited by Rapid Fred; 07-17-2017 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Got helmet
Old 07-16-2017, 07:25 AM
Dan H.
Drifting

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Interested to hear about your experience. I'm planning to go to the august tnia at njmp. I've never been to that track and want to try it out. When I watch video it doesn't look all that great but tnia is a nice cheap way to try it out
Old 07-17-2017, 04:37 PM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,314 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan H.
Interested to hear about your experience. I'm planning to go to the august tnia at njmp. I've never been to that track and want to try it out. When I watch video it doesn't look all that great but tnia is a nice cheap way to try it out
Hi Dan --

I've done NJMP before. Nice setup for a novice. Pretty long straight for some speed, a few interesting segments (esses into long straight and the "horseshoe" or "lightbulb" are both challenging for me.) They don't put too many cars out there so I, and better drivers, are safe from drivers like me (some good drivers will wind up with the hackers when the good slots sell out.)

You are in a different place, at least judging from your picture. Perhaps you should start a thread specifically asking that question. There are some hard-core guys there (like the track prepared BRZ that got by me, and a similar Miata that gained in the curves, carried more speed into the straights, but just did not have the beans to force me to give him the wave-by...)

It is very cheap -- that alone ought to make it worthwhile...

Get notified of new replies

To NJMP Track Night July 25

Quick Reply: NJMP Track Night July 25