NYC to Virginia Beach Rally - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

NYC to Virginia Beach Rally

Reply

 
 
 
Old 02-02-2018, 06:56 PM
  #1  
adriankapl
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
adriankapl's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2016
Posts: 106
Thanked 21 Times in 13 Posts
Default NYC to Virginia Beach Rally

Rally to Virginia Beach from NYC confirmed!!!!!!!

Date is May 12-13.

Meeting Locations:

MAIN: 8:30AM Central Jersey: The Mills at Jersey Gardens ( 651 Kapkowski Rd, Elizabeth, NJ 07201),

7:30AM:
North Jersey: Panera Bread (Route 4 Paramus)
Queens:BP Gas station (59-36 Maurice Ave, Maspeth, NY 11378), - anyone coming from long Island


Link to Blog:http://allamericancorvetteclub.com/aaccblog/

HOTEL: Sheraton Seems like a good option since its ocean front and has a Private garage with Free parking. Link to Hotel is bellow.

https://www.expedia.com/Norfolk-Virg...=1519087666914

Here is the route:
https://goo.gl/maps/eyEvYW3ZZH42


Hotel:3501 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA, 23451, US




Last edited by adriankapl; 05-07-2018 at 12:11 AM.
adriankapl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 10:10 PM
  #2  
Dave concrete
CF Senior Member
 
Dave concrete's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2007
Location: long Island NY
Posts: 10,484
Thanks: 0
Thanked 30 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by adriankapl View Post
I am thinking of organizing a Rally to Virginia Beach from NYC. Wanted to know how many people would be interested.

We would meet some place around GWB, stay 1 night and drive back the next day.

If you can post your name and car and what dates work for you. It would Prefer to leave Saturday morning and come back Sunday
Maybe end of may, beginning of June. Good weather usually? Are you locked in to the GWB area? LI to GWB in a lowered C5Z,bound to lose parts? Maybe Staten Island?
Dave concrete is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave concrete For This Useful Post:
adriankapl (02-18-2018)
Old 02-02-2018, 11:20 PM
  #3  
Z06NJ
CF Senior Member
 
Z06NJ's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2016
Location: Bergen County!! New Jersey
Posts: 1,802
Thanked 223 Times in 197 Posts
Default

Z06NJ is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Z06NJ For This Useful Post:
adriankapl (02-18-2018)
Old 02-03-2018, 09:10 AM
  #4  
adriankapl
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
adriankapl's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2016
Posts: 106
Thanked 21 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Dave concrete View Post
Maybe end of may, beginning of June. Good weather usually? Are you locked in to the GWB area? LI to GWB in a lowered C5Z,bound to lose parts? Maybe Staten Island?
I think June, July. Warm weather Definitely. I am coming from Queens so anyone in Long island can meet me their and we can meet everyone else in Elizabeth NJ.
adriankapl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 11:13 AM
  #5  
Fitron
Junior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Fitron's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2016
Location: Gardner Massachusetts
Posts: 42
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Fitron is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 12:57 PM
  #6  
Z0Sick6
CF Senior Member
 
Z0Sick6's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2004
Location: North/Central NJ - a.k.a. Gotti in the CFNE section
Posts: 6,654
Thanked 157 Times in 100 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05
Default

I am down. Just can't do any holiday weekends nor should we it will be packed. I am thinking early June may be best, before school gets out and also not fully beach season yet... if its low or mid 70s and water is freezing not as many people once end of June hits.

Weekend before Memorial Day Weekend could be a good weekend too. Actually, that may be best since there won't be that much traffic and Virginia Beach is warmer than NYC/NJ area.
Z0Sick6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Z0Sick6 For This Useful Post:
adriankapl (02-18-2018), Z06NJ (02-05-2018)
Old 02-04-2018, 08:24 AM
  #7  
GeorgeZNJ
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
GeorgeZNJ's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2004
Location: Winston-Salem North Carolina
Posts: 14,579
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09
Default

Originally Posted by Z0Sick6 View Post
I am down. Just can't do any holiday weekends nor should we it will be packed. I am thinking early June may be best, before school gets out and also not fully beach season yet... if its low or mid 70s and water is freezing not as many people once end of June hits.

Weekend before Memorial Day Weekend could be a good weekend too. Actually, that may be best since there won't be that much traffic and Virginia Beach is warmer than NYC/NJ area.
I want to do a Winston Salem N Carolina to Jersey Shore run. Anyone want to come down her and drive back?
GeorgeZNJ is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgeZNJ For This Useful Post:
adriankapl (02-18-2018)
Old 02-04-2018, 04:06 PM
  #8  
Bmwmike
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2016
Location: Long Island New York
Posts: 480
Thanked 40 Times in 34 Posts
Default

I am on Long Island and would be interested. I have a C7. I came across this event which seems to be what we would want to do. However this is for all vehicles not just Corvettes.

https://purerally.co.uk/usa-rallies/
Bmwmike is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 11:57 PM
  #9  
KnightmareCS
CF Senior Member
 
KnightmareCS's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2014
Location: NYC
Posts: 899
Thanked 31 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Bmwmike View Post
I am on Long Island and would be interested. I have a C7. I came across this event which seems to be what we would want to do. However this is for all vehicles not just Corvettes.

https://purerally.co.uk/usa-rallies/
"ENTRY PRICE $900 PER PERSON"

lol
KnightmareCS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 11:22 AM
  #10  
Z06NJ
CF Senior Member
 
Z06NJ's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2016
Location: Bergen County!! New Jersey
Posts: 1,802
Thanked 223 Times in 197 Posts
Default

The only useful thing that I picked up from all that description was this Ultra important point:


* Team of glamour models to party with on the rally


The other stuff was just "meh..."
lol
Z06NJ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 11:08 PM
  #11  
Bmwmike
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2016
Location: Long Island New York
Posts: 480
Thanked 40 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by KnightmareCS View Post
"ENTRY PRICE $900 PER PERSON"

lol
I thought that was funny to. Its public roads lol
Bmwmike is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 10:47 AM
  #12  
VirginiaVette78
CF Member
 
VirginiaVette78's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2017
Location: Virginia Beach Virginia
Posts: 76
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by adriankapl View Post
I am thinking of organizing a Rally to Virginia Beach from NYC. Wanted to know how many people would be interested.

We would meet some place around Elizabeth NJ, stay 1 night and drive back the next day.

If you can post your name and car and what dates work for you. It would Prefer to leave Saturday morning and come back Sunday

Here is the route:https://www.google.com/maps/dir/NYC,...36.8529263!3e0
I live in Virginia Beach. I cant participate (my C3 wont make that drive currently), but I do have a suggestion. Try to drive here on a Friday, and then Saturday morning go to the local Cars and Coffee (near the Oceanfront!).. So that would make your rally on the first Saturday of the month..
Best of luck! Hope you guys can do it! If you rally, ill surely meet you at your finish in my '78
VirginiaVette78 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VirginiaVette78 For This Useful Post:
adriankapl (02-18-2018)
Old 02-18-2018, 04:47 PM
  #13  
RobLo
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
RobLo's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2010
Location: Long Island New York
Posts: 1,479
Thanked 72 Times in 57 Posts
Default

You're not gonna do that ride in 6 hours as the map says, that's average 60 MPH. I used to do Naval Reserve time down in Norfolk and drove quite often from Queens, that's at least an 8 hour drive. And going down Rte. 13, while a nice ride it's slow, small towns and speed traps and lots of 35-45 MPH areas. And you want to come back on a Sunday, the New Jersey Tpke. in the summer CAN be a nightmare. Not tryin' to rain on your parade but I've been there and done that...good luck!
RobLo is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RobLo For This Useful Post:
Z06NJ (05-14-2018)
Old 02-18-2018, 07:48 PM
  #14  
Bmwmike
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2016
Location: Long Island New York
Posts: 480
Thanked 40 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RobLo View Post
You're not gonna do that ride in 6 hours as the map says, that's average 60 MPH. I used to do Naval Reserve time down in Norfolk and drove quite often from Queens, that's at least an 8 hour drive. And going down Rte. 13, while a nice ride it's slow, small towns and speed traps and lots of 35-45 MPH areas. And you want to come back on a Sunday, the New Jersey Tpke. in the summer CAN be a nightmare. Not tryin' to rain on your parade but I've been there and done that...good luck!
I used to have a 05 Daytona sunset. I took a picture in the same spot as you in your avatar. I live in that area.
Bmwmike is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:44 PM
  #15  
adriankapl
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
adriankapl's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2016
Posts: 106
Thanked 21 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RobLo View Post
You're not gonna do that ride in 6 hours as the map says, that's average 60 MPH. I used to do Naval Reserve time down in Norfolk and drove quite often from Queens, that's at least an 8 hour drive. And going down Rte. 13, while a nice ride it's slow, small towns and speed traps and lots of 35-45 MPH areas. And you want to come back on a Sunday, the New Jersey Tpke. in the summer CAN be a nightmare. Not tryin' to rain on your parade but I've been there and done that...good luck!

buy a V1 Rader detector, Laser Jamers, then ..... you can do it under 4 hours
adriankapl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 08:54 AM
  #16  
RobLo
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
RobLo's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2010
Location: Long Island New York
Posts: 1,479
Thanked 72 Times in 57 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Bmwmike View Post
I used to have a 05 Daytona sunset. I took a picture in the same spot as you in your avatar. I live in that area.
Hi neighbor, I guess great minds DO think alike, LOL. I'm from Nassau Co. but that's my go to place when I just gotta take a head-clearing ride somewhere, either with the bike or the Vette. What are you driving now?
RobLo is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 08:59 AM
  #17  
RobLo
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
RobLo's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2010
Location: Long Island New York
Posts: 1,479
Thanked 72 Times in 57 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by adriankapl View Post

buy a V1 Rader detector, Laser Jamers, then ..... you can do it under 4 hours
IDK, those local cops down there aren't too accepting of us Yankees. I did it many times, I was stopped once and was able to talk my way out of a ticket using the Military card. It is a real nice ride though, when going to Florida I like it better then the 95 option, you just gotta take your time.
RobLo is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:02 PM
  #18  
slow-v6
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jun 2009
Location: Lindenwold NJ
Posts: 1,063
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by VirginiaVette78 View Post
I live in Virginia Beach. I cant participate (my C3 wont make that drive currently), but I do have a suggestion. Try to drive here on a Friday, and then Saturday morning go to the local Cars and Coffee (near the Oceanfront!).. So that would make your rally on the first Saturday of the month..
Best of luck! Hope you guys can do it! If you rally, ill surely meet you at your finish in my '78
I maybe down for this as well. We live in south jersey, but make frequent trips to Hampton roads through the year, As I lived there for 10 yrs.

there is also a nice car show every Saturday at lanstown commons in Virginia Beach. More like a weekly Cruise in.

We usually stay in the Williamsburg area, and always wanted to take the vette down colonial parkway, between Yorktown and Jamestown. Itís a very relaxing drive through history.
slow-v6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:04 PM
  #19  
slow-v6
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jun 2009
Location: Lindenwold NJ
Posts: 1,063
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

And just a reminder, the cops in Virginia are pretty serious. Anything over 20mph is considered reckless driving, and since it looks like the easter shore route, the speed limit on those roads bounce from 25-55mph.
slow-v6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to slow-v6 For This Useful Post:
Z06NJ (05-14-2018)
Old 02-19-2018, 01:07 PM
  #20  
RobLo
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
RobLo's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2010
Location: Long Island New York
Posts: 1,479
Thanked 72 Times in 57 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by slow-v6 View Post
And just a reminder, the cops in Virginia are pretty serious. Anything over 20mph is considered reckless driving, and since it looks like the easter shore route, the speed limit on those roads bounce from 25-55mph.
AND no radar detectors allowed in Virginia!
RobLo is online now  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NYC to Virginia Beach Rally


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: