Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

NYC to Virginia Beach Rally

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 06:56 PM
adriankapl
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Default NYC to Virginia Beach Rally

Rally to Virginia Beach from NYC confirmed!!!!!!!

Date is May 12-13.

Meeting Locations:

MAIN: 8:30AM Central Jersey: The Mills at Jersey Gardens ( 651 Kapkowski Rd, Elizabeth, NJ 07201),

7:30AM:
North Jersey: Panera Bread (Route 4 Paramus)
Queens:BP Gas station (59-36 Maurice Ave, Maspeth, NY 11378), - anyone coming from long Island

Link to Blog:http://allamericancorvetteclub.com/aaccblog/

HOTEL: Sheraton Seems like a good option since its ocean front and has a Private garage with Free parking. Link to Hotel is bellow.

https://www.expedia.com/Norfolk-Virg...=1519087666914

Here is the route:
https://goo.gl/maps/eyEvYW3ZZH42

Hotel:3501 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA, 23451, US

Last edited by adriankapl; 05-07-2018 at 12:11 AM.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:10 PM
Dave concrete
Race Director

Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by adriankapl
I am thinking of organizing a Rally to Virginia Beach from NYC. Wanted to know how many people would be interested.

We would meet some place around GWB, stay 1 night and drive back the next day.

If you can post your name and car and what dates work for you. It would Prefer to leave Saturday morning and come back Sunday
Maybe end of may, beginning of June. Good weather usually? Are you locked in to the GWB area? LI to GWB in a lowered C5Z,bound to lose parts? Maybe Staten Island?
The following users liked this post:
adriankapl (02-18-2018)
Old 02-03-2018, 09:10 AM
adriankapl
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dave concrete
Maybe end of may, beginning of June. Good weather usually? Are you locked in to the GWB area? LI to GWB in a lowered C5Z,bound to lose parts? Maybe Staten Island?
I think June, July. Warm weather Definitely. I am coming from Queens so anyone in Long island can meet me their and we can meet everyone else in Elizabeth NJ.
Old 02-03-2018, 11:13 AM
Fitron
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 02-03-2018, 12:57 PM
Z0Sick6
Le Mans Master

Location: North/Central NJ - a.k.a. Gotti in the CFNE section
Received 1,528 Likes on 521 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

I am down. Just can't do any holiday weekends nor should we it will be packed. I am thinking early June may be best, before school gets out and also not fully beach season yet... if its low or mid 70s and water is freezing not as many people once end of June hits.

Weekend before Memorial Day Weekend could be a good weekend too. Actually, that may be best since there won't be that much traffic and Virginia Beach is warmer than NYC/NJ area.
The following 2 users liked this post by Z0Sick6:
adriankapl (02-18-2018), Z06NJ (02-05-2018)
Old 02-04-2018, 08:24 AM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by Z0Sick6
I am down. Just can't do any holiday weekends nor should we it will be packed. I am thinking early June may be best, before school gets out and also not fully beach season yet... if its low or mid 70s and water is freezing not as many people once end of June hits.

Weekend before Memorial Day Weekend could be a good weekend too. Actually, that may be best since there won't be that much traffic and Virginia Beach is warmer than NYC/NJ area.
I want to do a Winston Salem N Carolina to Jersey Shore run. Anyone want to come down her and drive back?
adriankapl (02-18-2018)
Old 02-04-2018, 04:06 PM
Bmwmike
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

I am on Long Island and would be interested. I have a C7. I came across this event which seems to be what we would want to do. However this is for all vehicles not just Corvettes.

https://purerally.co.uk/usa-rallies/
Old 02-04-2018, 11:57 PM
KnightmareCS
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Bmwmike
I am on Long Island and would be interested. I have a C7. I came across this event which seems to be what we would want to do. However this is for all vehicles not just Corvettes.

https://purerally.co.uk/usa-rallies/
"ENTRY PRICE $900 PER PERSON"

lol
Old 02-10-2018, 11:08 PM
Bmwmike
Pro

Originally Posted by KnightmareCS
"ENTRY PRICE $900 PER PERSON"

lol
I thought that was funny to. Its public roads lol
Old 02-14-2018, 10:47 AM
VirginiaVette78
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

I am thinking of organizing a Rally to Virginia Beach from NYC. Wanted to know how many people would be interested.

We would meet some place around Elizabeth NJ, stay 1 night and drive back the next day.

If you can post your name and car and what dates work for you. It would Prefer to leave Saturday morning and come back Sunday

Here is the route:https://www.google.com/maps/dir/NYC,...36.8529263!3e0
I live in Virginia Beach. I cant participate (my C3 wont make that drive currently), but I do have a suggestion. Try to drive here on a Friday, and then Saturday morning go to the local Cars and Coffee (near the Oceanfront!).. So that would make your rally on the first Saturday of the month..
Best of luck! Hope you guys can do it! If you rally, ill surely meet you at your finish in my '78
adriankapl (02-18-2018)
Old 02-18-2018, 04:47 PM
RobLo
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 289 Likes on 193 Posts

You're not gonna do that ride in 6 hours as the map says, that's average 60 MPH. I used to do Naval Reserve time down in Norfolk and drove quite often from Queens, that's at least an 8 hour drive. And going down Rte. 13, while a nice ride it's slow, small towns and speed traps and lots of 35-45 MPH areas. And you want to come back on a Sunday, the New Jersey Tpke. in the summer CAN be a nightmare. Not tryin' to rain on your parade but I've been there and done that...good luck!
Z06NJ (05-14-2018)
Old 02-18-2018, 07:48 PM
Bmwmike
Pro

Originally Posted by RobLo
You're not gonna do that ride in 6 hours as the map says, that's average 60 MPH. I used to do Naval Reserve time down in Norfolk and drove quite often from Queens, that's at least an 8 hour drive. And going down Rte. 13, while a nice ride it's slow, small towns and speed traps and lots of 35-45 MPH areas. And you want to come back on a Sunday, the New Jersey Tpke. in the summer CAN be a nightmare. Not tryin' to rain on your parade but I've been there and done that...good luck!
I used to have a 05 Daytona sunset. I took a picture in the same spot as you in your avatar. I live in that area.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:44 PM
adriankapl
Instructor

buy a V1 Rader detector, Laser Jamers, then ..... you can do it under 4 hours
Old 02-19-2018, 08:54 AM
RobLo
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Bmwmike
I used to have a 05 Daytona sunset. I took a picture in the same spot as you in your avatar. I live in that area.
Hi neighbor, I guess great minds DO think alike, LOL. I'm from Nassau Co. but that's my go to place when I just gotta take a head-clearing ride somewhere, either with the bike or the Vette. What are you driving now?
Old 02-19-2018, 08:59 AM
RobLo
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

buy a V1 Rader detector, Laser Jamers, then ..... you can do it under 4 hours
IDK, those local cops down there aren't too accepting of us Yankees. I did it many times, I was stopped once and was able to talk my way out of a ticket using the Military card. It is a real nice ride though, when going to Florida I like it better then the 95 option, you just gotta take your time.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:02 PM
slow-v6
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by VirginiaVette78
I live in Virginia Beach. I cant participate (my C3 wont make that drive currently), but I do have a suggestion. Try to drive here on a Friday, and then Saturday morning go to the local Cars and Coffee (near the Oceanfront!).. So that would make your rally on the first Saturday of the month..
Best of luck! Hope you guys can do it! If you rally, ill surely meet you at your finish in my '78
I maybe down for this as well. We live in south jersey, but make frequent trips to Hampton roads through the year, As I lived there for 10 yrs.

there is also a nice car show every Saturday at lanstown commons in Virginia Beach. More like a weekly Cruise in.

We usually stay in the Williamsburg area, and always wanted to take the vette down colonial parkway, between Yorktown and Jamestown. It’s a very relaxing drive through history.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:04 PM
slow-v6
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

And just a reminder, the cops in Virginia are pretty serious. Anything over 20mph is considered reckless driving, and since it looks like the easter shore route, the speed limit on those roads bounce from 25-55mph.
Z06NJ (05-14-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To NYC to Virginia Beach Rally

Old 02-19-2018, 01:07 PM
RobLo
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by slow-v6
And just a reminder, the cops in Virginia are pretty serious. Anything over 20mph is considered reckless driving, and since it looks like the easter shore route, the speed limit on those roads bounce from 25-55mph.
AND no radar detectors allowed in Virginia!
Old 02-19-2018, 06:29 PM
Bmwmike
Pro

Hi neighbor, I guess great minds DO think alike, LOL. I'm from Nassau Co. but that's my go to place when I just gotta take a head-clearing ride somewhere, either with the bike or the Vette. What are you driving now?
I sold the c6 and bought a c7. Im in West Islip so its easy for me to cruise down there. I go down by Captree and OBI on Sundays. I go less and less each year tho because of the cops handing out tickets.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:55 PM
adriankapl
Instructor

The tentative date is May 12-13. Its the weekend after Cinco de Mayo, before summer kicks in and hotel prices go up.

After playing around with dates and hotel prices the Sheraton Seems like a good option since its ocean front and has a Private garage with Free parking

https://www.expedia.com/Norfolk-Virg...=1519087666914

Last edited by adriankapl; 02-19-2018 at 07:58 PM.

Quick Reply: NYC to Virginia Beach Rally