Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Has anyone used Automobilia Auto Salon in CT for XPEL?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 05:42 PM
robertlevine
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Has anyone used Automobilia Auto Salon in CT for XPEL?

I've been looking for a XPEL installer who does good work in the Westchester NY area. I know Detailer's Domain was recommended on another thread and I've called and left them voice mails multiple times over multiple days with no response. I've seen good reviews for Automobilia Auto Salon in CT via Yelp but I don't know anyone who's gone there, personally.

Any ideas about them? http://www.automobiliaautosalon.com/

Spoke with Chris over there and he seemed knowledgeable and claims to have PPF'd 100+ Corvettes - so am looking to you experts for any reviews.

He quoted me about $2750 for:
headlight
hood
fender
mirror
bumper
rocker panel
wrapped edges

Are there any other parts that absolutely need PPF?

Thanks!

Last edited by robertlevine; 04-09-2018 at 05:44 PM.
Old 04-17-2018, 12:53 PM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

Default Automobilia

U wont find a better installer these guys are the best in the area but possibly the world!!
U WILL BE VERY HAPPY WITH THE RESULTS!

Last edited by blown81bu; 04-17-2018 at 12:54 PM.
The following users liked this post:
NoRuls (04-17-2018)
Old 04-17-2018, 04:02 PM
NoRuls
Pro

Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts

One of our club members used Automobilia and is very happy. Paul Koerner (Google him) says "absolutely DO NOT HAVE THE HEADLIGHTS DONE"!
Old 04-17-2018, 04:13 PM
yur2slo
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I had my Z06 done there initially 3 years ago. Overall decent job. Had to go back as I had them do around the edges on the hood but it started backing off from underneath. When I brought it back to show them, the owner was kind of rude in regards to saying Corvette owners are so tedious (no sh%t, I'm paying thousands to have the job done right). Car was in an accident about 1-1/2 years ago and my insurance covered the clear bra again. They seemed to be more experienced then, but still sent me an email after saying they forgot to redo the windshield pillar. I didn't have time to keep running back and forth so just left that be. I also paid for them to remove all overspray from the body shop and that was done half-assed. I have heard of a performance GTR shop in CT as well that has a wrap/clear bra side to it. Will have to find out their name.
Old 04-17-2018, 06:04 PM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Originally Posted by NoRuls
One of our club members used Automobilia and is very happy. Paul Koerner (Google him) says "absolutely DO NOT HAVE THE HEADLIGHTS DONE"!
i dont agree here and i know paul well very good mechanic ..i know this shop has covered 100s c7 headlights with 0 failures.i would rather gave no chips and dulling in my headlights
Old 04-17-2018, 06:08 PM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Originally Posted by yur2slo
I had my Z06 done there initially 3 years ago. Overall decent job. Had to go back as I had them do around the edges on the hood but it started backing off from underneath. When I brought it back to show them, the owner was kind of rude in regards to saying Corvette owners are so tedious (no sh%t, I'm paying thousands to have the job done right). Car was in an accident about 1-1/2 years ago and my insurance covered the clear bra again. They seemed to be more experienced then, but still sent me an email after saying they forgot to redo the windshield pillar. I didn't have time to keep running back and forth so just left that be. I also paid for them to remove all overspray from the body shop and that was done half-assed. I have heard of a performance GTR shop in CT as well that has a wrap/clear bra side to it. Will have to find out their name.
sorry for your issues but im sure they will take car of u 100% and make it right.has a warranty and u are covered
Automobilia does outstanding work over many other installs i seen my car is completely wrapped every single poece and is not even visible
Won carisle 2017 for achievemnt award by harlan charles and 1st place in a tough c7 class at ct corvette show with a judge that had a hard on to find a flaw in the xpel cause the car was PERFECT

Last edited by blown81bu; 04-17-2018 at 06:14 PM.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:05 PM
Subfixer
POSSE ZR-1 Driver
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 104 Likes on 67 Posts

Automobilia guys did the XPEL on the front of my R8 along with a complete Ceramic Pro treatment. Very good job.

It took them 2 tries on the hood, but if you've seen the hood on this car you'd know why. They didn't give up until it was perfect.

I highly recommend them.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:11 PM
robertlevine
Racer

I just booked an appointment with them to do the XPEL Ultimate Plus for my front and rockers.

How much did they charge you for a Ceramic Pro treatment?
Old 04-18-2018, 08:04 PM
Subfixer
POSSE ZR-1 Driver
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 104 Likes on 67 Posts

I don't remember the breakdown, but I got the lifetime guarantee treatment. With the XPEL it came to a total of about $4500.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:46 AM
BillY2KFRC
Le Mans Master

Received 347 Likes on 192 Posts

You'll be very happy I'm sure. They did full Xpel on two of my cars and couldn't be happier. They always take care of issues that come up as well.

Great piece of mind that I can drive it hard on Cup 2 tires and not worry about chipping up the car.

Name:  gnyloeS.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  1.73 MB
jeffjob (04-19-2018)
Old 04-19-2018, 08:25 PM
lsxvette
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

If you consider thornwood ny check out glossworksny .. just did mine very happy with it

Old 04-19-2018, 09:22 PM
robertlevine
Racer

Originally Posted by lsxvette
If you consider thornwood ny check out glossworksny .. just did mine very happy with it

Thornwood? That's right down the block from me! I'll give them a call.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:31 PM
LittleC7
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm the club member that had her car done and I had the entire car wrapped and it saved me twice!
And yes I have my headlights done too and I have a 2014 and no problems with them..

Guys at Automobilia are the best! They had an issue with my hood film and replaced it 3 times before it was fully acceptable. Tell them Anne sent you!
NoRuls (04-21-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Has anyone used Automobilia Auto Salon in CT for XPEL?

Quick Reply: Has anyone used Automobilia Auto Salon in CT for XPEL?