Cars & Coffee At Wegman's in Malvern, PA Sat 8 to 11 am - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Upcoming Events and Regional Discussion > Northeast
Reload this Page >

Cars & Coffee At Wegman's in Malvern, PA Sat 8 to 11 am

Notices
Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Cars & Coffee At Wegman's in Malvern, PA Sat 8 to 11 am

Old 05-04-2018, 10:21 AM
  #1  
Walt White Coupe
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Walt White Coupe's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2005
Location: Phila Suburbs 2016 C7 & 2013 650ix
Posts: 8,638
Thanked 720 Times in 434 Posts
Default Cars & Coffee At Wegman's in Malvern, PA Sat 8 to 11 am

This is essentially the same group of cars/people that use to meet at the Dilworthtown Crossing Shopping Center in West Chester, PA until the police shutdown that meeting at the request of the Shopping Center's owner. To see the history of that situation check out the following thread:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...hester-pa.html

So this group is meeting at the Wegman's store in Malvern. So far this meeting has been approved my the Wegman's store manager. But there are some actions by participants that will cause that approval to be rescinded.

1. No burnouts or full power accelerations in the parking lots or on the public roads around the store or parking lot.

2. No participants or vendors selling anything.

3. Wegman's doesn't want this to look like a "car show" and that means KEEP YOUR HOODS CLOSED. If you see a car with the hood open please politely tell the owner that this is frowned upon.

We want to keep this site available to us and these rules are pretty reasonable so please respect them.





Last edited by Walt White Coupe; 05-04-2018 at 10:31 AM.
Walt White Coupe is offline  
Old 05-05-2018, 02:09 PM
  #2  
Walt White Coupe
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Walt White Coupe's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2005
Location: Phila Suburbs 2016 C7 & 2013 650ix
Posts: 8,638
Thanked 720 Times in 434 Posts
Default

Nice turnout today.


Last edited by Walt White Coupe; 05-05-2018 at 06:06 PM.
Walt White Coupe is offline  
Old 05-09-2018, 02:52 PM
  #3  
Scorch
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Dec 2004
Location: West Chester PA
Posts: 158
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

What happened to Painter's Crossing?
Scorch is offline  
Old 05-10-2018, 09:18 AM
  #4  
Walt White Coupe
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Walt White Coupe's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2005
Location: Phila Suburbs 2016 C7 & 2013 650ix
Posts: 8,638
Thanked 720 Times in 434 Posts
Default

My understanding is that it never took hold. Many, myself included, just didn't like the location or the drive to it. And the fact that the owner of the Dilworthtown shopping center that had us kicked out of there also owned Painter's Crossing so it would have been doomed from the start.
Walt White Coupe is offline  
Old 05-10-2018, 09:31 AM
  #5  
Diesel_Jerry
Junior Member
 
Diesel_Jerry's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2016
Location: Shamokin PA
Posts: 27
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

I miss Westchester, Delco, I worked for years at the Exxon at 202 & rt1
Diesel_Jerry is offline  
Old 05-10-2018, 09:41 AM
  #6  
Walt White Coupe
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Walt White Coupe's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2005
Location: Phila Suburbs 2016 C7 & 2013 650ix
Posts: 8,638
Thanked 720 Times in 434 Posts
Default

It was a great location and in summer it was packed. Unfortunately that's what doomed it.
Walt White Coupe is offline  
Old 05-16-2018, 01:05 AM
  #7  
PrimeRib
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2016
Location: The Northeast
Posts: 47
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Might have to check this out
PrimeRib is offline  
Old 05-21-2018, 01:45 AM
  #8  
Walt White Coupe
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Walt White Coupe's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2005
Location: Phila Suburbs 2016 C7 & 2013 650ix
Posts: 8,638
Thanked 720 Times in 434 Posts
Default

For this past Sunday, the organizer put out this email.

I know it’s late notice but today seems to be drying out. in an effort to deliver a Sunday option for cars and coffee when Saturday bombs out I am trying to get this Sunday thing rolling regularly. I am going today, any takers? I hope so.

Kind regards,

Don Sontag
Walt White Coupe is offline  
Old 05-24-2018, 08:29 PM
  #9  
Too-Fast
CF Senior Member
 
Too-Fast's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2009
Location: Chester County Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,583
Thanked 116 Times in 105 Posts
Default

How long does everyone stay, until 11? I probably cant get there until 10 and don't want to make the drive if everyone is gone.
Too-Fast is online now  
Old 05-25-2018, 09:48 AM
  #10  
Bill W
CF Senior Member
 
Bill W's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2000
Location: West Chester PA
Posts: 888
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Too-Fast View Post
How long does everyone stay, until 11? I probably cant get there until 10 and don't want to make the drive if everyone is gone.
I'd say it usually starts to thin out by 10. Sometime it depends on the weather. This Saturday calls for showers starting around 11, so it will probably be an early crowd. If you stop up, look for a red F-type. I'd like to talk to you about Pocono.
Bill W is offline  
Old 05-25-2018, 02:16 PM
  #11  
Too-Fast
CF Senior Member
 
Too-Fast's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2009
Location: Chester County Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,583
Thanked 116 Times in 105 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Bill W View Post
I'd say it usually starts to thin out by 10. Sometime it depends on the weather. This Saturday calls for showers starting around 11, so it will probably be an early crowd. If you stop up, look for a red F-type. I'd like to talk to you about Pocono.
Thanks, I will try to get there earlier, but if it looks like rain I won’t go. PM me and I will answer any questions you have on Pocono.
Too-Fast is online now  
Old 05-26-2018, 08:41 PM
  #12  
vvcobravv
Junior Member
 
vvcobravv's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2018
Location: Blue Bell Pennsylvania
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Walt White Coupe View Post
This is essentially the same group of cars/people that use to meet at the Dilworthtown Crossing Shopping Center in West Chester, PA until the police shutdown that meeting at the request of the Shopping Center's owner. To see the history of that situation check out the following thread:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...hester-pa.html

So this group is meeting at the Wegman's store in Malvern. So far this meeting has been approved my the Wegman's store manager. But there are some actions by participants that will cause that approval to be rescinded.

1. No burnouts or full power accelerations in the parking lots or on the public roads around the store or parking lot.

2. No participants or vendors selling anything.

3. Wegman's doesn't want this to look like a "car show" and that means KEEP YOUR HOODS CLOSED. If you see a car with the hood open please politely tell the owner that this is frowned upon.

We want to keep this site available to us and these rules are pretty reasonable so please respect them.




How was the turnout today? I won't be back from vacation until the 3rd, but will try to make it the 9th or 10th.
vvcobravv is offline  
Old 05-27-2018, 08:00 AM
  #13  
Walt White Coupe
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Walt White Coupe's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2005
Location: Phila Suburbs 2016 C7 & 2013 650ix
Posts: 8,638
Thanked 720 Times in 434 Posts
Default

I'd guess around 60 cars. One of my buddies on his way home checked out the original site at the Dilworthtown Shopping Center on 202 and said they also had around 60 cars. And the Starbucks is still open. So the original site is still viable as well.
Walt White Coupe is offline  
Old 05-27-2018, 12:52 PM
  #14  
vvcobravv
Junior Member
 
vvcobravv's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2018
Location: Blue Bell Pennsylvania
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Walt White Coupe View Post
I'd guess around 60 cars. One of my buddies on his way home checked out the original site at the Dilworthtown Shopping Center on 202 and said they also had around 60 cars. And the Starbucks is still open. So the original site is still viable as well.
Any reason why they are staying there and not moving to the new site?
vvcobravv is offline  
Old 05-28-2018, 12:08 AM
  #15  
Walt White Coupe
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Walt White Coupe's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2005
Location: Phila Suburbs 2016 C7 & 2013 650ix
Posts: 8,638
Thanked 720 Times in 434 Posts
Default

Familiarity, closer to some, Starbucks delaying their move to another site, etc.
Walt White Coupe is offline  
Old 06-08-2018, 12:04 PM
  #16  
Excal55
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Feb 2013
Posts: 22
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Looking to be sunny in the a.m. tomorrow June 9. Has the transition to Wegman's been going well?
Excal55 is offline  
Old 06-08-2018, 02:55 PM
  #17  
Walt White Coupe
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Walt White Coupe's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2005
Location: Phila Suburbs 2016 C7 & 2013 650ix
Posts: 8,638
Thanked 720 Times in 434 Posts
Default

I would say yes.
Walt White Coupe is offline  


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cars & Coffee At Wegman's in Malvern, PA Sat 8 to 11 am


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: