Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Help: South Jersey Body/Paint Shop - Purdy vs Kerbeck vs ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 08:42 AM
itspeat
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Help: South Jersey Body/Paint Shop - Purdy vs Kerbeck vs ???

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone can help me. Someone hit my car and ran. The damage is on the rear driver corner. I think the bumper will need to be replaced.

I've gotten quotes from Purdy Collision and Kerbeck Collision Center. I am having a difficult time deciding which shop to use but I am open to other suggestions.

I am really stressing over this because I know paint NEVER matches perfectly and it truly makes me sick to my stomach. Things like humidity, metal flake, number of coats, etc are all variables that worry me. I really want the color to be as close as possible to factory and I prefer them to not blend the paint to the side fender and the trunk lid.

I know Kerbeck Collision in Pleasantville uses PPG water based paint. I don't know what kind of paint Purdy uses. Any experience with either one?

Just want someone who will take their time and really do a damn good job.

Thanks,
Pete
Old 06-01-2018, 04:48 PM
direct007
Melting Slicks

Received 2,009 Likes on 1,026 Posts

Originally Posted by itspeat
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone can help me. Someone hit my car and ran. The damage is on the rear driver corner. I think the bumper will need to be replaced.

I've gotten quotes from Purdy Collision and Kerbeck Collision Center. I am having a difficult time deciding which shop to use but I am open to other suggestions.

I am really stressing over this because I know paint NEVER matches perfectly and it truly makes me sick to my stomach. Things like humidity, metal flake, number of coats, etc are all variables that worry me. I really want the color to be as close as possible to factory and I prefer them to not blend the paint to the side fender and the trunk lid.

I know Kerbeck Collision in Pleasantville uses PPG water based paint. I don't know what kind of paint Purdy uses. Any experience with either one?

Just want someone who will take their time and really do a damn good job.

Thanks,
Pete
When my 2007 vette was hit, I took it to Ralph's Body Shop in Vineland, NJ. Rich Burrell is the owner. They did an excellent job and my car was silver which is usually a very difficult color to match especially since Silver fades over time.
Old 06-03-2018, 09:44 AM
zipity
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 670 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

I can't recommend Virgo Auto Body high enough. They are in Cherry Hill, NJ. And you never really want to know a body shop well, since that means your car has been damaged, but Dan (one of the owners) has worked flawlessly on my Corvette and my last two daily drivers with excellent results.
Old 06-03-2018, 02:22 PM
1996Z15
Melting Slicks

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by zipity
I can't recommend Virgo Auto Body high enough. They are in Cherry Hill, NJ. And you never really want to know a body shop well, since that means your car has been damaged, but Dan (one of the owners) has worked flawlessly on my Corvette and my last two daily drivers with excellent results.
That is good to know; I have to take my car somewhere to have the poor repair work fixed correctly. I might have to pay your friend a visit.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:18 PM
Green95Convertible
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i just used Carsmetics in Mt. Laurel on Rt. 73. Painted entire front bumper. Polo Green . . . they matched the color perfectly. Cleaned the entire car before returning it to me. Wheels looked brand new. When I picked it up, guy told me that they brought it inside every night.

Get notified of new replies

To Help: South Jersey Body/Paint Shop - Purdy vs Kerbeck vs ???

Quick Reply: Help: South Jersey Body/Paint Shop - Purdy vs Kerbeck vs ???