Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Hudson Valley covette tech needed

Old 07-04-2018, 12:57 PM
joliett
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 48 Posts

Default Hudson Valley covette tech needed

I have the SERVICE FUEL SYSTEM DIC displayed. Passenger side fuel sensor.
I want to be sure to have it serviced CORRECTLY.
Can anyone recommend a great servicing dealer or Corvette speed shop for this delicate repair?

Thanks...
Old 07-04-2018, 01:12 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,947 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Personally I would go to Middletown ct to see world class GM tech Paul koernerat jackson Chevrolet.

i live further than you and quite honestly just a Saturday appointment...the dealership is practically empty on saturdays and Paul is awesome.

he does all the carlisle , bowling green and mid America service seminars.

he was just voted by gm itself as one of the top 50 awarded world class techs in the entire country.

more important than all that is he is a gentleman and communicative and honest...

i travel from Nj to have him service all my corvettes. I trust him implicitly..

i believe the google address you SS you can use to see how long it will take to get there is 660 s Main Street Middletown ct..

i find the ride to see him relaxing relaxing as I travel up the merit parkway which when travelled before traffic even during the week...a nice ride...

id rather travel for the honest and the best service than dick around with the local criminal or uneducated Chevy dealers 20 minutes from my house...and there are many...

call and just make an appointment with Paul Koerner and you ll be a customer of his for the next decade because you feel so good having your corvettes serviced by such a nice knowledgeable gentleman that gets the job done right.

hope this helps
The following users liked this post:
joliett (07-04-2018)
Old 07-04-2018, 01:23 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Make the appoint,ent. Get up early drive as the sun rises to the dealership...preferably the first appointment of the day...

its 2 hours well spent if you want the best to service your baby right.

https://www.travelmath.com/driving-t...Middletown,+CT

109 Miles of fun...

i do it and im 97 miles away.

for years and I couldn’t be happier.

you can also if your busy just get AAA premier towing in case your car ever breaks down and need it towed in.

personally I’ve only used that for my other vehicle that I’ve decided to have Paul service for me..

honesty runs rampant throughout the entire staff at Jackson Chevy from the top down...so after getting attempted robbery at a local non Chevy dealer on my non Chevy cars...I have Paul at Jackson take care of all my cars

i don’t think I could give a higher recommendation of where to service your well cared for corvette..

this dealership exceptionally responds to corvette customers who travel from as far as florida to have paul diagnosis and resolve corvette issues..

i know it sounds crazy but he He is that good...

he is on facebook and social media as “the corvette mechanic” he has a passion of excellence to serve the corvette community...

the two hours driving is made up for by how quickly and respinsive the dealerhip service department to long distance long distance travelling customers as well..

i always found it to be an excellent experience.

ymmv
joliett (07-04-2018)
Old 07-04-2018, 01:35 PM
joliett
Burning Brakes

I like your enthusiasm and your heartfelt recommendation very much. Problem is, what happens when they have to order a part or something...and I have to leave the car there...it's a two hour drive for me...I just may take you up on this recommendation, thank you!

Paul should know what parts are needed before he starts the repair. For me, it's drop passenger side fuel tank, remove and replace bad fuel pickup, put the tank back in.

Thank you...if the techron doesn't work...I'll call them for sure...
Old 07-04-2018, 01:49 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

I have owned three corvettes with a combined 200k miles and somehow it always worked out...

i told him up front my issue was and somehow he 95 percent of time had the part on hand over the past two decades..of servicing my cars...

if there was an overnight situation which is very very rare...I just rented a car and came back but if that happened once in the past 60k miles it’s was a lot...

i would suggest techron if your going to try that first....also try instead of Techron...what Paul suggests is a product put in the gas tank called bg44k. Believe it or not the dealers use it quite often as do other repair shops as a first remedy ..

you can buy it off ebay as well...

its not usually sold at consumer auto parts stores as it’s more a professional product...

its all of 22dollars and you open the can and use a funnel to put the small can additive in the gas tank..

no harm as its just a slightly better product than techron..

probably very similiar ingrediants. If I remember correctly just a stronger product..

i use it...once a year...

all kidding aside...if you need the best , the most honest tech and they take extra care for long distance corvette customers ..

ask to speak to paul Koerner yourself from the service department...explain what you are experiencing and you’ll know what your options are.

Paul is a good guy...

he is the type to take the shirt off his back to help strangers...

and for him it’s not about the money but the ability to deliver excellence..

tom is the service manager, wayne one of the service writers...call the dealerhip...ask to speak to paul Koerner...tell your symptoms and you’ll find the best path to take...

good luck and im just shooting the breeze on this sizzling weather throwing down a few cold ones with my corvette brothers.
joliett (07-04-2018)
Old 07-06-2018, 03:02 PM
joliett
Burning Brakes

Thanks JerriVette for the BG 44K tip. I learned all about the stuff, thanks to you. Great to learn something new. I just got 4 cans on ebay for $48 with free shipping.

I'm currently trying the Techron, since I used the stuff before I learned about the BG 44K stuff. So far there has been an improvement on my fuel gauge, but still an intermittent error appears, but much less frequent. I think the Techron may just clean all the crud off. So I have to give it the full tank of fuel. Meanwhile, on the highway, with my stereo system off, I swear the C6 engine is purring along smoother then ever before.

Get notified of new replies

To Hudson Valley covette tech needed

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hudson Valley covette tech needed