Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Need Windy(tight turns) roads near Crofton, Maryland

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 03:09 PM
sothpaw2
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Need Windy(tight turns) roads near Crofton, Maryland

Hi,

I just moved to the Crofton/Gambrills area. Geographically, the area near my house is pretty flat. This great for long bike rides
but not for the Corvette Z06 which loves the turns.

Can anyone recommend some nice roads or ramps where I could circle easily in the Crofton/Gambrills area? I know of only the ramp
from Rt 3 to 97 S and then back via ramp from 97 to rt3. That's a very long loop...a long time between ramps/curves. I know a few
backroads in Linthicum but that is over 10 mi north and there is not any run off...lots of trees around...no shoulder.

Thanks,

Andy
Old 07-22-2018, 04:04 PM
buck fever
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 25 Posts

Hey Andy,

I’m not sure about twisty roads in that area but you can find plenty of them with us on our cruise next Saturday the 28th through Berkeley Springs, Paw Paw WV out to Creasaptown, MD. The route consists of scenic winding roads through the mountains. We’re meeting at 9:30 am at the Wolf’s Furniture parking lot at the Hagerstown Outlets if you’re interested.

Jason

Last edited by buck fever; 07-22-2018 at 04:05 PM.
Old 07-24-2018, 08:06 AM
TruBluC6
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sothpaw2
Hi,

I just moved to the Crofton/Gambrills area. Geographically, the area near my house is pretty flat. This great for long bike rides
but not for the Corvette Z06 which loves the turns.

Can anyone recommend some nice roads or ramps where I could circle easily in the Crofton/Gambrills area? I know of only the ramp
from Rt 3 to 97 S and then back via ramp from 97 to rt3. That's a very long loop...a long time between ramps/curves. I know a few
backroads in Linthicum but that is over 10 mi north and there is not any run off...lots of trees around...no shoulder.

Thanks,

Andy
I have not found many roads in the area with twisties that do not have lots of tress and no shoulders.
St. George Barber south off of Rutland Rd turn right on Governor's bridge Rd to MD 424, Davidsonville Rd
Muddy Creek Rd off of Central Ave south to Deale
MD 424 (Davidsonville Rd) to Rossback Rd to Patuxent Rd (check to make sure no high water closure)
MD 450 to St Stephens Church Rd to Chesterfield Rd (check for high water closure)
The following users liked this post:
sothpaw2 (07-29-2018)
Old 07-29-2018, 01:18 PM
sothpaw2
Safety Car

Originally Posted by TruBluC6
I have not found many roads in the area with twisties that do not have lots of tress and no shoulders.
St. George Barber south off of Rutland Rd turn right on Governor's bridge Rd to MD 424, Davidsonville Rd
Muddy Creek Rd off of Central Ave south to Deale
MD 424 (Davidsonville Rd) to Rossback Rd to Patuxent Rd (check to make sure no high water closure)
MD 450 to St Stephens Church Rd to Chesterfield Rd (check for high water closure)
Thanks...I'll take what I can get. The drive up and back to Linthicum is 10 mi each way...it would be great to find something within 5miles.
White March and Towson were nice because of all the ramps to 695, rt 43, and rt 1. There was also a nice curvy road next to Loch Raven Reservoir
a few miles from my house there. I wish now I had used that more but I did have other responsibilities.
Old 07-29-2018, 01:21 PM
sothpaw2
Safety Car

Originally Posted by buck fever
Hey Andy,

I’m not sure about twisty roads in that area but you can find plenty of them with us on our cruise next Saturday the 28th through Berkeley Springs, Paw Paw WV out to Creasaptown, MD. The route consists of scenic winding roads through the mountains. We’re meeting at 9:30 am at the Wolf’s Furniture parking lot at the Hagerstown Outlets if you’re interested.

Jason
Jason,

Thanks for the inviite!! I have family obligations this weekend but I'll keep that area in mind. West Virginia is supposed to be wild, right?
Old 07-29-2018, 10:13 PM
buck fever
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 25 Posts

WV is a great state to drive through. Our next cruise is set for September 9th if you’re interested. If so, let me know and I’ll keep you updated.

Get notified of new replies

To Need Windy(tight turns) roads near Crofton, Maryland

Quick Reply: Need Windy(tight turns) roads near Crofton, Maryland