Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Mechanie in Rockland / Orange County - NY

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 12:53 AM
jbripps
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Mechanie in Rockland / Orange County - NY

Hi all - I have an issue with getting power to the starter. I know it could be a loose battery connection (but I recently replaced the battery clamp for positive, and replaced the negative clamp after the issue, which did not make a difference) or a solenoid (not likely, I replaced the starter 2 weeks ago). Battery is one month old. Fuel pump is working, as I hear it buzzing. Clicking in the relay. Rather than have it towed to my house, I had it towed to a local chevy dealership. I did not want to tow it twice, and could not get under it where it failed to crank. Short story longer, the dealership has had it sitting in their lot for 8 days....no eyeballs on it yet. Really frustrating. Anyhow, if they don't get to it tomorrow, I will have it moved again. Any suggestions in my area? I have heard that Middletown chevy has a great tech there? I am open to any suggestions that can tackle the issue. I am also fearful that the dealer where it is stranded now may not be a scrupulous as I'd like. They know how upset I am at this stage.

Thanks!
Jon
Old 11-14-2018, 11:27 PM
jbripps
Advanced

UPDATE: After getting a bit verbal, I was given a different advisor, who got my car into the shop the next day. Turns out the connector on the new starter came loose, that was all it was. Totally my fault as I did the install myself, and I did have an issue reaching it when connecting. I suppose I should have connected before I bolted it in. Lesson learned. Paid only their diagnostic fee, so all is well. BUT, would still love some suggestions. I'm not aware of anyone within a reasonable distance....I see people recommending Middletown, CT and a shop in Montgomery....anywhere else that others are aware of?

Thanks,
Jon
Old 01-06-2019, 07:13 AM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

You might try Coatti's Service Station at 366 S. Middletown Rd. (845) 623-2663. They are located between Nanuet & Pearl River.

Though not an exclusive Vette shop they service some local Vettes and do most of outside-needed work on my '88.
Old 01-06-2019, 07:31 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

I use jackson chevy up in middletown ct as you mentioned. I also use corvettes of westchester in ossining Ny..

chucks a good guy and his skills on everyday type mechanical issues that can crop up are excellent ...

ive always been impressed with his effort to detail for complete customer satisfaction.
Old 01-06-2019, 08:26 AM
jbripps
Advanced

These are great, thank you all! Really good to know.
Jon
Old 01-12-2019, 03:16 PM
Sonny71
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 57 Posts
Oldtimer

Paul can handle anything that you what done.
The Corvette Shop Inc. 665 Rt. 17K Montgomery, NY 12549

Get notified of new replies

To Mechanie in Rockland / Orange County - NY

Quick Reply: Mechanie in Rockland / Orange County - NY