Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Corvettes at Carlisle

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 10:44 AM
Humanoid 2.0
Team Owner

Received 130 Likes on 86 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by CTYANK2
Saw this on the CAC website.

2019 Corvettes at Carlisle - Swap Spaces
Space size is approximately 10ft frontage x 30ft depth. Spaces designated for sale of new and used parts-accessories-literature-memorabilia-collectibles etc. and may also include show specific cars for sale. Must be 80% automotive related.

Click here to view a map of the fairgrounds.
Nice, someone will have to report back on how that is working out.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:38 AM
Ih2lose
Melting Slicks

Received 330 Likes on 196 Posts

Does anybody have an extra room at the Hampton in Carlilse they want to give up , Last year I paid $200.00 for what is normally is a $59.00 so called non smoking room that made my asma act up for weeks. I am looking for a clean non smoking room close to fail grounds
Old 02-17-2019, 10:54 AM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

We're all paying big bucks for close hotels. They stick it to us. They know it, we know it. Try the Super 8 Carlisle South on Alexander Spring Road. They might have something, and they're only about 5 minutes away from the show. And there's a good restaurant across the street called the Walnut Bottom Diner.

For anyone who had a room at the Days Inn South on Alexander Springs Road, heads up. They've dropped off the map. Don't know if they closed, were sold, or burned down, but they don't come up anywhere on Wyndham's site, or on any hotels listed on Alexander Springs Road. Years ago, that was a great place to stay, but I know they've been struggling the last several years. So if you have rooms booked there, you need to check.
Old 03-02-2019, 09:37 AM
psp6158
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 228 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by USA1 427
We're all paying big bucks for close hotels. They stick it to us. They know it, we know it. Try the Super 8 Carlisle South on Alexander Spring Road. They might have something, and they're only about 5 minutes away from the show. And there's a good restaurant across the street called the Walnut Bottom Diner.

For anyone who had a room at the Days Inn South on Alexander Springs Road, heads up. They've dropped off the map. Don't know if they closed, were sold, or burned down, but they don't come up anywhere on Wyndham's site, or on any hotels listed on Alexander Springs Road. Years ago, that was a great place to stay, but I know they've been struggling the last several years. So if you have rooms booked there, you need to check.
It is now called the Hotel Ava
The following users liked this post:
USA1 427 (03-02-2019)
Old 03-06-2019, 11:22 AM
GS Diva
Safety Car

Received 142 Likes on 79 Posts

[QUOTE=USA1 427;1598894731For anyone who had a room at the Days Inn South on Alexander Springs Road, heads up. They've dropped off the map. Don't know if they closed, were sold, or burned down, but they don't come up anywhere on Wyndham's site, or on any hotels listed on Alexander Springs Road. Years ago, that was a great place to stay, but I know they've been struggling the last several years. So if you have rooms booked there, you need to check.[/QUOTE]

We have been staying at the Days Inn South on Alexander Spring Rd. for quite a few years and have reservations for this year, too. I just called them, and they ARE out of business. It is now Hotel Ava. They are not honoring our reservations nor could they even find them. They are booking for $299 PER night!!!! Are they crazy?? Anyone who has reservations there better start looking for a new place!!!

Elainre
The following users liked this post:
Ih2lose (03-08-2019)
Old 03-06-2019, 04:56 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Oh man, that sucks!! That's why I put it on here as soon as I saw it. Good luck finding a hotel to all of you. I feel sorry for those who have reservations and don't see this.
Old 03-07-2019, 04:40 AM
GS Diva
Safety Car

Received 142 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by USA1 427
Oh man, that sucks!! That's why I put it on here as soon as I saw it. Good luck finding a hotel to all of you. I feel sorry for those who have reservations and don't see this.
Rich, it was your post that prompted me to call the Days Inn South. Thanks so much! As I said elsewhere, they didn't even have our reservations so just imagine how that would have been for us in August!! We, and our friends, were able to get into a brand new hotel closer to the fairgrounds and not on Rte 11...and the price was very good, too! Definitely was not going to pay $299 per night as the Hotel Ava (as the old Days Inn is called now) quoted me!!

Elaine
Old 03-07-2019, 09:50 AM
USA1 427
Safety Car

You're more than welcome. I had that happen to me one year and it sucked. But the hotel had sent me a letter in the mail and told me they were closing and that I would have to find somewhere else so I didn't walk into a bad situation.
Can't imagine how bad it will be if people show up without knowing and get told those prices. Glad you found somewhere else.
Rich

Quick Reply: Corvettes at Carlisle