Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

North NJ members?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 08:38 PM
Chevy Guy
Team Owner

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

What the cost on this event?
Old 03-19-2019, 09:10 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,187 Likes on 2,137 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevy Guy
What the cost on this event?
It's not cheap @ 350.00 but it's worth it.

To spectate is only 15 bucks though. I spectated before and i had a blast watching all the cars, it's totally different (and more exciting) to watch over drag racing IMHO.

I think if you do it once, you'll be hooked. And you'll find yourself doing 2 events a year. Something i look foward to, for june. 4-20 (lol) is sold out.

http://www.slipstreamre.com/seasonopener

All the info is there.

Looks like there are 2 groups.

Group that is capable of exceeding 155mph, and another group that can't.

I think our cars, at least C7Z's, C6Z's or modified vettes, can and will exceed 155. But then you'll probably be facing 1000hp+ cars as well lol.

But who cares, you do it for the thrill of it.

Last edited by Z0HS1CK; 03-19-2019 at 09:12 PM.
Old 03-20-2019, 03:54 PM
1SwtRide
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

I've gone to almost all of SSRE's events. It's a blast and is a particularly good venue for first time roll racers. The hosts (Sumit, Akash, Steven and the rest of their team) are the best in the business for the Northeast roll racing. Pocono's track is safe, user friendly and you don't have to run to win ever race. At first you can run within your initial comfort zone so you get used to the race configuration (start/stop/banked turn/in-field), starting gear/speed and working through gear shifts if you're a manual car. Then you can ramp it up as your comfort increases. While the 4/20 Pocono event is full, keep an eye out for SSRE's Atco track rental on 4/13. Strictly 1/4 mile racing. It should be just as fun as the Pocono events.

John

p.s. I can't make it to SSRE's 4/20 event because I'll be racing in the East Coast Supercharging LS/LT challenge - 1/4 mile racing at Atco. If you didn't register for SSRE on 4/20, definitely check out ECS's event on 4/20 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...o-raceway.html). It is going to be a great time. Just racing fun with some of the most knowledgeable racers who happen to be really down to earth car nuts. No ego, no drama.

Originally Posted by RobGZ06
Wow that's amazing. Honestly i won't lie i never competed at slipstream but i did spectate a few times. I had a slower car back then so i get why some people might be intimidated. But this was YEARS ago. So times have changed. We should just go for fun, who cares who's faster than who. We're rolling racing legally, in a safe environment.
Originally Posted by robertaj
That's the attitude!! i thought i would 100% lose to all the Ferrari's/R8s and such.... i ended up destroying them... but its all in good fun... nothing like hitting 167 while on a half mile straightaway!
Yes! I'm going to register for june, that way i'm definitely good to participate.

I didn't buy my car to look at it at parking lots. I wanna use the damn thing.

We need more gatherings like this.
The following users liked this post:
Z0HS1CK (03-20-2019)
Old 03-20-2019, 04:47 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Yeah i am off the 20th in april and since pocono's is sold out, i am debating if i should go to atco to spectate. I don't really like drag racing but at least it'll give me something to do and watch some fast cars.

But i am excited about the roll racing.

So how many "runs" do you get to make per day? Let's say i want 3 runs to see how my car is, IE: if i want to start in 2nd or 3rd etc. Can i do that? Or you're limited to the amount of times you can go, whether or not you're going full throttle, just because of the amount of cars that need to get their turn?

When i went, i only spectated so i have no idea what's going on, i just waited for the cars to run. And this was like 7 years ago so i forgot lol
Old 03-20-2019, 04:58 PM
1SwtRide
Drifting

It would be great to see you on the 20th. As for concerns with the number of runs you can make at Pocono, that will not be an issue because SSRE sells a limited number of racer tickets. This ensures that all drivers have plenty of time to get in as many runs as they want. Drivers can race as many times as they want. The only caveat is that, for different portions of the day, different classes of cars run (under xx rwhp and over xx rwhp). Even with that, when your class runs, you can hot lap the car and get way more than 3 runs during that specifically allotted time. I have never had an issue with having too few runs. In fact, I tend to make a run, pull into the pits to let the car cool down, spectate, then get back out.

Yeah i am off the 20th in april and since pocono's is sold out, i am debating if i should go to atco to spectate. I don't really like drag racing but at least it'll give me something to do and watch some fast cars.

But i am excited about the roll racing.

So how many "runs" do you get to make per day? Let's say i want 3 runs to see how my car is, IE: if i want to start in 2nd or 3rd etc. Can i do that? Or you're limited to the amount of times you can go, whether or not you're going full throttle, just because of the amount of cars that need to get their turn?

When i went, i only spectated so i have no idea what's going on, i just waited for the cars to run. And this was like 7 years ago so i forgot lol
Z0HS1CK (03-20-2019)
Old 03-20-2019, 08:33 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by 1SwtRide
It would be great to see you on the 20th. As for concerns with the number of runs you can make at Pocono, that will not be an issue because SSRE sells a limited number of racer tickets. This ensures that all drivers have plenty of time to get in as many runs as they want. Drivers can race as many times as they want. The only caveat is that, for different portions of the day, different classes of cars run (under xx rwhp and over xx rwhp). Even with that, when your class runs, you can hot lap the car and get way more than 3 runs during that specifically allotted time. I have never had an issue with having too few runs. In fact, I tend to make a run, pull into the pits to let the car cool down, spectate, then get back out.
Damn that's the answer i was looking for!! Thanks! Ok now i'm excited lol. I'm going to try to get a couple of buddies to register with me. The price might be an issue but if none of my friends go, then i guess if you'll be there for the june date, i'm gonna be your friend for the day lol. Since i won't have anyone to talk to or guide me lol.

My goal is to make at least 5 runs, i figure that will give me my money's worth at least.
Old 03-20-2019, 09:01 PM
1SwtRide
Drifting

You'll have a bunch of friends. That's how it starts. Looking forward to June.

Damn that's the answer i was looking for!! Thanks! Ok now i'm excited lol. I'm going to try to get a couple of buddies to register with me. The price might be an issue but if none of my friends go, then i guess if you'll be there for the june date, i'm gonna be your friend for the day lol. Since i won't have anyone to talk to or guide me lol.

My goal is to make at least 5 runs, i figure that will give me my money's worth at least.
Old 03-21-2019, 11:40 AM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

I guess I cant participate because I don't have any friends in joisy and don't own a vette anymore...oh wait, neither does op...
Z06NJ (03-23-2019)
Old 03-21-2019, 02:52 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
I guess I cant participate because I don't have any friends in joisy and don't own a vette anymore...oh wait, neither does op...
lmao Shut up ... You're always welcome. I'm a car enthusiast not just a vette enthusiast.
Z0HS1CK (03-21-2019)
Old 03-21-2019, 07:48 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by thegame
lmao Shut up ... You're always welcome. I'm a car enthusiast not just a vette enthusiast.
Exactly.

And who cares if you have a slow car or a fast car, you go for fun.

Unless you have ego issues where you can't be around cars that are faster/more expensive lol

I would love to run against a 1000hp exotic. I'll lose but it'll be good footage for instagram lol. C7Z gets gapped by an UGR lambo LOL
Old 03-22-2019, 02:01 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Exactly.

And who cares if you have a slow car or a fast car, you go for fun.

Unless you have ego issues where you can't be around cars that are faster/more expensive lol

I would love to run against a 1000hp exotic. I'll lose but it'll be good footage for instagram lol. C7Z gets gapped by an UGR lambo LOL
Games issues don't have anything to do with how fast any1's car is but to the fact that Im better looking and have a much bigger dong than him
Old 03-22-2019, 06:56 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Games issues don't have anything to do with how fast any1's car is but to the fact that Im better looking and have a much bigger dong than him
Nah, he's cool.

Well then both of you will just have to show up to the june event and compare dongs then.

Wait what? lol
Old 03-24-2019, 04:53 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

What the hell happened to this thread 😂😂
Old 03-24-2019, 06:15 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by thegame
What the hell happened to this thread 😂😂
Did you take your car out today?

I was on the turnpike and i saw a white GTR in the cars/trucks section and i was in the cars only section. I saw a white GTR bookin it.

Did you check out the slipstream site? Sign up dude!
Old 03-25-2019, 07:35 AM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Did you take your car out today?

I was on the turnpike and i saw a white GTR in the cars/trucks section and i was in the cars only section. I saw a white GTR bookin it.

Did you check out the slipstream site? Sign up dude!
whats this?
Old 03-25-2019, 10:25 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

whats this?
I posted the link in this thread..

I mentioned this on the Facebook Jersey corvette group but that group is hella dead. I'm about to just leave that quiet *** group lol

Last edited by Z0HS1CK; 03-25-2019 at 10:26 AM.
Old 04-06-2019, 10:56 AM
USMC-0311
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

New to the forum and new to Corvette ownership. Just picked up my '19 Z06 torch red. Hope to see yous around - just moved to the red bank NJ area from Boston.

Get notified of new replies

To North NJ members?

Old 04-06-2019, 05:07 PM
Patsgarage
Team Owner

Received 1,596 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Originally Posted by USMC-0311
New to the forum and new to Corvette ownership. Just picked up my '19 Z06 torch red. Hope to see yous around - just moved to the red bank NJ area from Boston.
Welcome to the forum, we are practically neighbors.
Old 04-06-2019, 09:08 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

I posted the link in this thread..

I mentioned this on the Facebook Jersey corvette group but that group is hella dead. I'm about to just leave that quiet *** group lol
Keeping this alive for june!

Let's get a meet for this for the june date!

Chris where the hell are you? lol
Old 04-06-2019, 09:35 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Keeping this alive for june!

Let's get a meet for this for the june date!

Chris where the hell are you? lol
Lol i just saw this. i don't have a vette anymore so im not on as much. I realized i have a work event that june weekend which sucks BUT im planning a private track rental at atco for thursday june 27th. should be booked by next week. $200 a car and we have the track from 10am to 4pm.

Anyone that wants in message me. Rob i know drag racing isn't your thing but it will be fun!

Quick Reply: North NJ members?