Northern California Northern California

50/50 or higher windshield fluid?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 05:41 PM
jhong321
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by C5Spirit
What will he have if he takes 1/2 of the washer fluid out and replace it with methanol?
If it is a 2 gallon tank you will have about 70/30 meth. I would say about half a gallon (or about 1/4 of the tank) to get a close to 50/50 mix. Provided I did my math right
Old 02-17-2009, 06:58 PM
csun213
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jhong321
If it is a 2 gallon tank you will have about 70/30 meth. I would say about half a gallon (or about 1/4 of the tank) to get a close to 50/50 mix. Provided I did my math right
Thanks
Old 02-17-2009, 10:30 PM
Scubanme
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CHarlie, I've been running Meth for a long time now. I just buy a 5 Gallon container and mix it no higher than 50/50 anything more than that is flammable, they even state that on the insrutions that come with the pump. Check out the Web and you will find Govt. studies on Meth injection for high altitude fighter prop planes that say there was no real benefit to running higher than 50% meth. Oh yeah, I just use cheap tap water. Using distilled water may have its benefits like less buildup.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:46 PM
0Synergy Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

You all need to stop wasting your time with wiper fluid. Run meth, or dont run it at all. No worries about how you mix it. And if you tune with anything added to the mixture, its considered fueling, hence you have to take away fuel from the tuning. What does this mean, its no longer a saftey thing because when you dont spray you go lean.

R
Old 02-17-2009, 10:47 PM
DarkMastyr
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jhong321
Dammit it shouldn't take 3 Asians to figure out a math problem

If you want a 2 gallon washer tank filled with 50/50 meth and you start out with 30% and you've got 100% methanol...

x(30%)+y(100%)=2.0(50%)
x+y=2.0

y = 0.57 gallons <--that's how much you need to remove from your full reservoir of 30% meth, and replace with 100% meth, to get a 50/50 mix.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:44 PM
C5Spirit
Pro

Originally Posted by Synergy Motorsports
You all need to stop wasting your time with wiper fluid. Run meth, or dont run it at all. No worries about how you mix it. And if you tune with anything added to the mixture, its considered fueling, hence you have to take away fuel from the tuning. What does this mean, its no longer a saftey thing because when you dont spray you go lean.

R

I'm with Rick. I had another tune before Rick's and was using washer fluid. After Ricks tune for 100% meth the car gained 30HP and runs a lot better.
As for being flamable, the 100% meth is that, but we are sitting on our fuel tanks and that seems to be the same predicament.
If your concern is about fire, carry a fire extinguisher.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:45 PM
Exotica
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 52 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by DarkMastyr
Old 02-18-2009, 11:52 PM
csun213
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by DarkMastyr
Hey, we are not the math wiz that came from overseas. We are the home grown type that is just as dumb as the regular guys here in the U.S. except we are Asian.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:01 AM
0Synergy Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Now think about this. You guys want to add more stuff in the car to add saftey to your power levels. Well, now you have one more thing to watch over. How do you know that your pump is spinning? How do you know its not? Most of the people I see around here buying Meth kits are on the cheap side of kits. These kits have no lights to indicate pressure in the nozzle, lights to tell you the pump is spinnings, ect. And most of you dont even keep a wideband in your car. You all want a safe car, but are doing nothing to watch for saftey while adding more devices that raise your chances of things going out. So unless you are planning on adding things the right way, try just keeping your setup simple then. You want to make your power level safe? Add some race gas to each tank if you are worried.

Rick
Old 02-19-2009, 12:23 AM
csun213
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Synergy Motorsports
Now think about this. You guys want to add more stuff in the car to add saftey to your power levels. Well, now you have one more thing to watch over. How do you know that your pump is spinning? How do you know its not? Most of the people I see around here buying Meth kits are on the cheap side of kits. These kits have no lights to indicate pressure in the nozzle, lights to tell you the pump is spinnings, ect. And most of you dont even keep a wideband in your car. You all want a safe car, but are doing nothing to watch for saftey while adding more devices that raise your chances of things going out. So unless you are planning on adding things the right way, try just keeping your setup simple then. You want to make your power level safe? Add some race gas to each tank if you are worried.

Rick
Thanks Rick for explaining everything clearly. This whole thing started because someone on the forum was going to add 50/50 meth for safety only and not for HP so I thought is was a good idea. Did not know anything about needing to tune to run meth. I think the other guy was just going to add the meth and run as it.

At least I found the correct information before I spend more time on this. Really appreciate the help.

Quick Reply: 50/50 or higher windshield fluid?