Northern California Northern California

I now use Torco octane booster and it works!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 01:57 AM
briann510
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I now use Torco accelerator octane booster and it works!

I have been having detonation problems with the crappy 91 pump gas here when they upped the Ethanol % for the winter Gas here in California in October and as soon as my boost would hit 6 psi I hear the marbles (I go to 10-12 psi). I did not want to back off the timing or tweak the tune and lose hp.

I was mixing 100 racing gas in with the pump 91 to blend for 95 octane but after I hadnt blended up any racing gas as my local connection was out and I was horribly detonating after severely raping a Saleen Mustang I decided to stop by a local supplier and buy a qt of the Torco stuff.

WOW! Not a single sound of detonation all the way to 10-12 psi even in 4th gear with just 1/2 qt to 10 gallons.

The performance is night and day difference now with this stuff. The engine loves the extra octane even down in lower rpms where there was no detonation before.

I would highly recommend this stuff over mixing racing gas. I buy it from a forum member with great prices with same day shipping.

Last edited by briann510; 02-28-2009 at 04:29 AM.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:01 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by briann510
I have been having detonation problems with the crappy 91 pump gas here when they upped the Ethanol % for the winter Gas here in California in October and as soon as my boost would hit 6 psi I hear the marbles (I go to 10-12 psi). I did not want to back off the timing or tweak the tune and lose hp.

I was mixing 100 racing gas in with the pump 91 to blend for 95 octane but after I hadnt blended up any racing gas as my local connection was out and I was horribly detonating after severely raping a Saleen Mustang I decided to stop by a local supplier and buy a qt of the Torco stuff.

WOW! Not a single sound of detonation all the way to 10-12 psi even in 4th gear with just 1/2 qt to 10 gallons.

The performance is night and day difference now with this stuff. The engine loves the extra octane even down in lower rpms where there was no detonation before.

I would highly recommend this stuff over mixing racing gas. I buy it from a forum member with great prices with same day shipping.
I will have to try it in the Snowmobile. Mixing 110 Sunoco is starting to get expensive. Good thing there is a few of us that need to run the race gas, so we can split the cost of a 55 gallon drum. I sure will miss the smell of Sunoco and the synthetic 2 stroke oil we run though.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:09 PM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

Glad the Torco worked for you. If you can hear detonation at 12 psi and stay on the go pedal, your motor isn't long for this world.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:54 PM
vetterdstr
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
CA Events Coordinator

I agree, it makes a big difference on how our cars run.

Get notified of new replies

To I now use Torco octane booster and it works!

Quick Reply: I now use Torco octane booster and it works!