Northern California Northern California

Corbeau Racing Seats from $320

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 03:27 AM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

I went out tonight for a 2 hour cruise to see how I liked my new seats.

HOLY crap ! GM should be ashamed of them selves for putting such CRAPPY seats in the Corvette.

Tonight was the first time in the 6 years that I have owned my Z06, that I truly felt this car's capabilities. I'm dead serious ! I never realized how much fighting to stay composed in my seat took away from being able to REALLY drive this car hard. I hit turns tonight that I have never hit that hard before, and I felt VERY confidant in doing so. My confidence level in driving my car hard is increased 100 fold ! I was pulling some serious "G's" tonight and I was absolutely glued in my seat the whole time ! What an absolute thrill ! I should have done this mod a LONG time ago !

I was going under a bridge doing a U turn. I was going way faster than I ever have before, and I felt very confidant doing it. When I came to the 90 degree turn to turn onto the service road I could feel that the car was going to slide. I could just feel it. I felt "one" or "connected" with the car. If that makes sense. I anticipated the slide, and let it happen, and accelerated thru it. I drifted the rear end as I entered onto the service road, as the tail swung out on me. I accelerated and it came back straight, and I just punched it. I wish I had a video of that . I NEVER felt so comfortable driving like that before in this car EVER ! It just felt effortless.

Im 6ft, 210lbs, 38" waist. Corbeau says that only up to a 36" waist will fit in the standard seat. Don't worry if your a little bigger. I fit like a glove !

I am also very impressed with the looks of the seats. I really think they compliment the interior of my Z06. They look like race seats like the Z06 should have. I hit them with Zaino leather in a bottle, and they are looking and smelling great !

If your looking for a performance mod..... I highly recommend this as a performance mod. You will never drive your car the same. I can promise you that !!!

Toque
Old 03-20-2010, 03:33 AM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

Received 270 Likes on 204 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Toque

If your looking for a performance mod..... I highly recommend this as a performance mod. You will never drive your car the same. I can promise you that !!!

Toque
Mark,

I'm very glad your happy with the seats! Most people NEVER really think of seats as a "Performance Mod" but it really is because it allows the driver to really focus on "Driving" the car instead of fighting the car.
Santa Clara, CA 95050
Phone #: 408/898-4632
Email #: MikeM@TPSMotorsports.com
Authorized dealer of Corbeau Seats, ECS Superchargers, Edelbrock SuperChargers, A&A Superchargers, Kooks, Whipple, Magnalow, Corsa, Borla. LG Motorsports, Procharger, Billy Boat Exhaust, AWE Exhaust, American Racing, TPS Brake Rotors/ Kits, Stainless Steel Brake Lines & much more...

Old 03-20-2010, 11:34 PM
Stickman81
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10

Do you do two-tone?
I have a light oak interior and was wondering if there is an option for a two-tone with the light oak color in leather?

Also, I already have heated seats. How difficult is the heater pad installation on the Corbeau seats to accomplish?

Thanks.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:15 AM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Stickman81
Do you do two-tone?
I have a light oak interior and was wondering if there is an option for a two-tone with the light oak color in leather?

Also, I already have heated seats. How difficult is the heater pad installation on the Corbeau seats to accomplish?

Thanks.

You can do 2 tone with a light oak leather BUT it will costs you an extra $400 per seat.

Also, Corbeau can install the heated seat option for just $150 per seat.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:22 AM
Stickman81
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by TPSMak
You can do 2 tone with a light oak leather BUT it will costs you an extra $400 per seat.

Also, Corbeau can install the heated seat option for just $150 per seat.
Would the cost be the same for light oak leather, no two tone?

I was worried about compatibility of Corbeau's seat heaters versus what I already have installed.

Thanks.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:15 AM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Stickman81
Would the cost be the same for light oak leather, no two tone?

I was worried about compatibility of Corbeau's seat heaters versus what I already have installed.

Thanks.
The seat heaters you have cannot be put into the Corbeau seats UNLESS you take them out of your old seats which is NOT going to be easy.

The costs for the light leather will be the same with Or WITHOUT the Two Tone.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:03 PM
jeremyttt
Burning Brakes

How do these seat fit someone tall. I am 6'6 and am looking at replacing my stock seats. I have enough room right now with the stock seats, just gotta adjust the seats just right...
Old 03-21-2010, 12:48 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by jeremyttt
How do these seat fit someone tall. I am 6'6 and am looking at replacing my stock seats. I have enough room right now with the stock seats, just gotta adjust the seats just right...
The owner of the Red Z06 with the Grey/ BLack seats is pretty tall and he loves his seats. I'm not sure his exact height though. For you.. you may want to get the 1" Shaved base option for $40
Old 03-21-2010, 03:19 PM
Stickman81
Melting Slicks

The seat heaters you have cannot be put into the Corbeau seats UNLESS you take them out of your old seats which is NOT going to be easy.

The costs for the light leather will be the same with Or WITHOUT the Two Tone.
Thanks for all the information.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:34 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Do these install OK on the stock electric controls for C5s? I like the electric controls, and really do prefer the easy entrance option.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:03 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
Do these install OK on the stock electric controls for C5s? I like the electric controls, and really do prefer the easy entrance option.
Getting the stock power tracks to work is something that has been done, I just don't know how. I sat in a guys car that had the stock power tracks, and the seats sat REALLY high. I'm 6ft and my head would have hit the roof in my Z06.

Toque
Old 03-22-2010, 12:28 AM
jrblaw08Z06
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The owner of the Red Z06 with the Grey/ BLack seats is pretty tall and he loves his seats. I'm not sure his exact height though. For you.. you may want to get the 1" Shaved base option for $40
What is the weight difference between the stockers and an average Corbeau seat?
Old 03-22-2010, 12:33 AM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by jrblaw08Z06
What is the weight difference between the stockers and an average Corbeau seat?
You'll save at about 25-30lbs depending on what seats you HAD and what you install on the new seats. So you want a set?
Old 03-22-2010, 02:47 PM
Craig3Q
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really thinking of getting these soon. How long does it take to get them? I have a Brey-Krause harness bar sitting in my garage. Could you install that at the same time?
Old 03-22-2010, 02:53 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Craig3Q
Really thinking of getting these soon. How long does it take to get them? I have a Brey-Krause harness bar sitting in my garage. Could you install that at the same time?
I ordered mine on a Friday morning, and had them in the afternoon the following Wed.

Toque
Old 03-22-2010, 11:10 PM
209TIME!!!
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

i like that set of blue seats with the black trim.....would i be able to get those seats without the CORBEAU logo....also what material is that on the blue seats.....and price please

THANKS
Old 03-22-2010, 11:18 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Craig3Q
We can have them within 3-4 days of you ordering them from us. As long as the seat DOES not have custom material options then we can get them pretty quick... Custom Materials are like "Green Leather" or Leather mixed with Suede... if it's something normal they carry we can get them pretty quick.

And yes we can install the Brey-Krause Harness bar at the same time. We did it for the Red Vette in the original post.

Get notified of new replies

To Corbeau Racing Seats from $320

Old 03-22-2010, 11:31 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by 209TIME!!!
i like that set of blue seats with the black trim.....would i be able to get those seats without the CORBEAU logo....also what material is that on the blue seats.....and price please

THANKS
Unfortunately I cannot get them without the Corbeau lettering BUT we may have some interesting options soon... I will PM you the prices and details.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:05 AM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Tall Driver/ Extra Head Room Option Now Available!
Yes that's right! TPS & Corbeau now has an option to allow you to receive an extra "1" of headroom! Which is great for taller drivers!

So here's the other great news... it only costs $40 per seat!

So how do we accomplish this? We shave 1" off the base of the seat So who needs some seats?
Old 03-23-2010, 04:09 AM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Sweet! I'm only 5'7" but I want to use the OEM electric seat track... Would this put the seats at almost stock height?

Quick Reply: Corbeau Racing Seats from $320