Northern California Northern California

24 Hours of LeMons at Sears Point

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 04:52 PM
0Paul Ruggeri
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 24 Hours of LeMons at Sears Point

Variable weather and heavy traffic made this weekends race a challenge. Still the old Crown Vic came through with only minor body damage and a few mechanical issues. We finished 55th out of 180+ entries and 18th in class.
My Saturday stint was pretty frustrating since it was almost all run under yellows flags. Sunday was much better, I think there was only 1 full course yellow while I was out there. It was fender to fender, bumper to bumper racing. Intense and a lot of fun
The improvements we made to the car since the last race made it much better to drive, but it seems like the level of competetion has gone up. Hell, Tommy Kendall was there driving one of the BMWs.
Thunderhill in August is next for us. Our car should be real good there
Old 03-29-2011, 05:25 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

We had a blast in our little RX7. After 2.5 hours into Saturday we were in 4th place and stayed in the top 20 until mid-afternoon when we blew a belt and the car overheated. We spent about 25 minutes in the pits waiting for the car to cool, replacing a belt and filling it back up with water. I started the race on Sat in the pouring rain and managed to stay on track and blackflag free. I don't think that anybodys stint in the car on sat was totally rain free. We only had one flag on sunday for a 2 wheels off incident. Other then that we were drama free.

Ended up placing 24th overall and 3rd in our class. If not for that belt, we would have been in the top 10 and 1st in our class. We would like to do longer stints, but the car will only last 2 hours on track before it's running out of gas.

I can't make August at thunderhill, but I'm looking forward to october at infineon again.

Quick Reply: 24 Hours of LeMons at Sears Point