Northern California Northern California

Alignment shops - Lowered Cars

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 04:58 PM
SG333
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Alignment shops - Lowered Cars

Are there alignment shops with the drive over pit rather than driving on ramps?
Old 07-29-2011, 05:46 PM
Grimlock
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You could always talk to a shop like Roger Kraus Racing. They do lowered race cars, so I am willing to wager they could do your car.

http://www.rogerkrausracing.com/
Old 08-04-2011, 08:29 AM
METERSF
Instructor

pricision auto in san bruno, ca. Alan the owner works on a ton of high performance chevy's and new z06's. he know's his stuff and he aligned my c6z back in 07.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:13 AM
doje
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Based on your location, I would contact Custom Alignment in Mountain View. They do plenty of lowered race cars.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:29 PM
bullitt4110
Le Mans Master

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

The alignment shop I use has special ramps for corvettes (and other lowered cars), he is quite the drive for you though. But for reference it is The Alignment Shop in Fairfield.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:08 PM
SG333
Racer

Thanks for all the leads. I went to a place with modified ramps and the car still got stuck. I've seen the drive over pits at a few auto repair and muffler shops. Not sure if something like that exist for alignments.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:32 PM
Grimlock
Drifting

Originally Posted by doje
Based on your location, I would contact Custom Alignment in Mountain View. They do plenty of lowered race cars.
I used to use the guys with my race cars and whatnot, but they really turned me off with my Charger. I asked them how much they would charge to install coil-overs, and they quoted me $2,000 in LABOR alone!!! My car club ended up installing them in about 2 hours and then I went to Roger Kraus for the alignment.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:33 PM
mickey_7106
Melting Slicks

do you guys align to stock specs or a custom alignment? if so to what?
Old 08-04-2011, 09:13 PM
harrydirty
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Grimlock
I used to use the guys with my race cars and whatnot, but they really turned me off with my Charger. I asked them how much they would charge to install coil-overs, and they quoted me $2,000 in LABOR alone!!! My car club ended up installing them in about 2 hours and then I went to Roger Kraus for the alignment.
Hmmmm.....that sounds kind of unusual, but there must have been something that was causing such a high estimate. I've been using them for 10 years, for both racing and street stuff and although they are not the cheapest (not the highest either), I have found them to be very competent and stand 100% behind their work. The shop guys race themselves, so very often they already know what works/doesn't work. All referrals I have brought to their shop have been very happy after going to several other shops with varied/deficient results.

Sorry to see that you had such a bad experience with them..........BTW, my Z06 was LOW (could not get the jack underneath w/o driving up on 2x4) when I bought it used, and they did not have any issues getting on and off the rack.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:20 PM
Grimlock
Drifting

Originally Posted by harrydirty
Hmmmm.....that sounds kind of unusual, but there must have been something that was causing such a high estimate. I've been using them for 10 years, for both racing and street stuff and although they are not the cheapest (not the highest either), I have found them to be very competent and stand 100% behind their work. The shop guys race themselves, so very often they already know what works/doesn't work. All referrals I have brought to their shop have been very happy after going to several other shops with varied/deficient results.

Sorry to see that you had such a bad experience with them..........BTW, my Z06 was LOW (could not get the jack underneath w/o driving up on 2x4) when I bought it used, and they did not have any issues getting on and off the rack.
The issue is that it requires to drop the rear cradle to install the springs. It is pretty easy to drop the rear slightly using a tranny jack and install them. My club would install maybe 4 sets in an afternoon.

And I had been using Custom Alignment for years. I started racing back in 1994 or so and used them for my track cars. Believe it or not I actually at one point had every busing in my car replaced with poly bushings, added sway bars and new shocks (a massive job!) and they charged me less than $2K. It was done by Rick at Synergy with help from Mike of Pedders (the suspension manufacturer).

Here are the 91 pictures of the installation: http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n...0Installation/

I wonder what Custom Alignment would have charged? And I have heard they have become an authorized Pedders dealer in the last year.

Get notified of new replies

To Alignment shops - Lowered Cars

Quick Reply: Alignment shops - Lowered Cars