Northern California Northern California

Oakland Raiders

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 10:26 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by moose.b3
I can't believe the tRaiders are tied for first. Defense looked pretty good against a not very good team.
Defense has look better since KNJ was fire, should been after last season, not this late in the season, got the Chiefs this weekend, if we can beat them, then I think we might have a chance to make playoffs, we lose forget it, going be tough and Raiders going half to play better for us to win.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:04 AM
moose.b3
Drifting

Received 169 Likes on 128 Posts

Old 12-11-2017, 08:20 PM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

Pretty sad show yesterday. Carr looked awful. I guess a broken leg and back has taken it's toll. Front line terrible. Getting paid too much. Play calling was unimaginative, receivers had hands of stone again. Del Rio looked lost.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:05 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 383vett
Pretty sad show yesterday. Carr looked awful. I guess a broken leg and back has taken it's toll. Front line terrible. Getting paid too much. Play calling was unimaginative, receivers had hands of stone again. Del Rio looked lost.

Yep it a crap show, they need to clean house at years end, or it will be same junk next year, GM needs to go too. Mark and his Vegas curse, wish he lose the Raiders, that bowl head.
Old 12-12-2017, 12:47 PM
GotCorvette?
Team Owner

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul 68
Yep it a crap show, they need to clean house at years end, or it will be same junk next year, GM needs to go too. Mark and his Vegas curse, wish he lose the Raiders, that bowl head.
It's not over yet. Next week the Chiefs and Chargers play each other, and one of them will lose. Hopefully it's the Chiefs. We still get to play the Chargers at the end of the season, and if we beat them by more than one point, we hold the tie breaker advantage against them. Of course, we need to beat the Cowboys and the Eagles, who have just lost their Quarterback for the season.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:04 AM
Moto One
Drifting

Received 164 Likes on 101 Posts

Well that didn't happen. But it could all change this week end. Let's hope.

Mark
Old 12-14-2017, 08:54 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by GotCorvette?
It's not over yet. Next week the Chiefs and Chargers play each other, and one of them will lose. Hopefully it's the Chiefs. We still get to play the Chargers at the end of the season, and if we beat them by more than one point, we hold the tie breaker advantage against them. Of course, we need to beat the Cowboys and the Eagles, who have just lost their Quarterback for the season.
The way the Raiders are playing, I don't see them winning another game this year. Chargers should beat Chiefs, there playing the best ball out of the AFC West teams. Going to the game against the Cowboys, hope they play better than they did against the Chiefs.

Last edited by Paul 68; 12-14-2017 at 08:54 PM.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:02 AM
GotCorvette?
Team Owner

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Another game decided by the referees. Some calls went against us, some for us, but too many crucial plays were judgement calls by the refs. No matter what team I am for, it spoils the fun of watching the game.
Old 12-18-2017, 02:32 PM
moose.b3
Drifting

Originally Posted by GotCorvette?
Another game decided by the referees. Some calls went against us, some for us, but too many crucial plays were judgement calls by the refs. No matter what team I am for, it spoils the fun of watching the game.
Especially when your team loses, again.
Old 12-21-2017, 09:25 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Default Carr

I know Carr was trying to win it there, but he got to look at the situation, he had a first down and we had a time out left, run out of bounds, was to far to reach for a TD, just sum up the season. The other garbage giving the Cowgirls a first down with the index card bullshit and calling offensive pass interference on Cook, should been a TD, oh well there always next year, Raiders fans saying every year, lol.
Old 12-21-2017, 10:12 PM
moose.b3
Drifting

Yeah, pretty much.
Old 12-26-2017, 11:49 AM
09Z06pj
Le Mans Master

Received 1,100 Likes on 752 Posts

Nice "key" fumble by the slob. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. KARMA is what has happened to the Raiders season. Total disrespect for the fans AND the flag and this is what you should get.
Old 12-26-2017, 12:24 PM
moose.b3
Drifting

Well, at least the 49ers looked good. The tRaiders looked about as bad as they have all season. What's up with Carr? Looking more like his brother every game.
Old 12-26-2017, 02:27 PM
383vett
Race Director

Originally Posted by moose.b3
Well, at least the 49ers looked good. The tRaiders looked about as bad as they have all season. What's up with Carr? Looking more like his brother every game.
Wrong, David looked better. Why does Carr keep throwing 5 yard passes with the clock winding down needing to gain 30 yards for a field goal? Over and over and over. Even if the pass is intercepted, it's better than not trying. Oh, the pass was intercepted.
Old 12-26-2017, 08:38 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Default Time to clean house

Mark Bowl Head Davis, better clean house, our it will be the same crap next year, what a joke, the Raiders back to crap of the bay.
Old 12-27-2017, 11:32 AM
383vett
Race Director

Bowl Head has no money to clean house. Contract extensions to the two idiots running the team. Del Rio looks lost with no answers. They need to find a Jimmy G to turn the whole team around. Oh, I forgot, car has his 125 million.
Old 12-27-2017, 12:34 PM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,363 Likes on 789 Posts

Fair weather fans. Jimmy G.? He might be good but we don't know yet.

Carr? C'mon. Horrible OC and it's obvious his back is still bothering him. He can't twist his torso to get power into his throws.

5 QB's in history have thrown for 100 TD's in their first 4 years: Carr, Marino, Manning, Wilson, and Luck.
The following users liked this post:
moose.b3 (12-27-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To Oakland Raiders

Old 12-27-2017, 03:20 PM
moose.b3
Drifting

Found this question and answer online today.

By MATT SCHNEIDMAN |

mschneidman@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
December 27, 2017 at 10:24 am
Thanks again for all your questions, Raiders fans. Let’s get right to them.

@Rollicking_R8R: Why does JDR deserve another year? If we have another failed season, when does our GM quit getting a pass as well?

A: Does Jack Del Rio deserve another year? Eh. That might be the same answer to the question, “Does JDR deserve a four-year extension after one good season?” But “Does JDR deserve another year?” and “Will JDR get another year?” might produce two different answers. As we know, that four-year extension he signed last offseason may buy him a second chance in 2018. As for general manager Reggie McKenzie, his draft classes haven’t exactly stood out since the Mack-Carr-Jackson group in 2014. Obviously injuries have hindered the progress of guys like Mario Edwards Jr., Gareon Conley and Obi Melifonwu, all first- or second-round picks in the last three years, and that’s more so just bad luck. Another flunk of a draft class certainly wouldn’t help the perception around McKenzie, but I think his spot is far more secure than that of Del Rio or Todd Downing.

@xGuile_meme: Is Derek Carr completely healthy, if not and the back is still an issue, why play him last night and possibly next week at LA with nothing to play for

A: Carr has insisted time and time again that he’s 100% healthy. If that’s actually true, then you obviously play him. Even if his back hasn’t been 100% healthy since returning from three transverse process fractures, he’s played through the injury. And the Raiders wouldn’t bench him now just because they’re out of playoff contention. Del Rio made it clear the last two games were about winning, not development, so they’d finish the season with the quarterback they rode when they were still in the hunt.

@BPLA_Kyle: Who do we re-sign after this season and who could you see us letting go?

A: A couple guys who I think the Raiders could re-sign are Denico Autry, Lee Smith, EJ Manuel and TJ Carrie, among others. Some guys that could possibly be let go, with expiring contracts and years still remaining, include NaVorro Bowman, Reggie Nelson, Sean Smith and Jon Condo. Certainly will be interesting to watch the personnel moves McKenzie makes as he tries to get this group back on track.

@RVIDERNVTION: How likely is downing canned Monday morning ?

A: It’s certainly possible, but who knows how quickly Del Rio will make that move if he indeed does. No amount of points the Raiders score against the Chargers would save Downing’s job if the Raiders already plan to fire him. Common sense would say to get the move over with right away on Monday, but we’ll see.

@garylamanno: Are players on the offense mad over the relationship of Carr and Downing?

A: To be honest with you, we haven’t asked about that and it hasn’t really come to my mind. If you’re asking whether offensive players are mad Bill Musgrave was fired and they think Carr’s preference for Downing caused that, we’ll never know on the record. Carr has adamantly denied he disliked Musgrave, and would never say he owned a role in the switch.

@Jrock6986: How concerned should fans be on the regression of Derek Carr?

A: Don’t hit the panic button unless he starts next season this way. Raiders fans have to hope it’s just a fluke caused by his back, his offensive coordinator or something else. If Carr’s sub-par play continues into next season, then you can start sweating.

@Buckarama: What’s the report about locker room issues this year? It’s like Bigfoot, you hear a lot about it but really don’t see it.

A: That’s exactly what it is. A “report.” Anyone can “report” something, and there’s no telling if the Raiders’ locker room issues actually exist. Sure, there’s probably a riff here and there because of a frustrating season, but I don’t see anything on the surface that extends deeper. We likely wouldn’t be privy to those issues – like we are to those in the New York Giants locker room – if they did exist anyway.

@m8kitr8n69: Do u think D.Penn & M.Edwards go bye bye?

A: I think Penn returns to full health and starts at left tackle in the last year of his contract. I think Edwards is back, too. He’s been a solid run-stopper when healthy. Injuries just haven’t been kind to him.

@KrisWysong: Jon Gruden 🔥

A: No.

@GabrielTony83: Do you think the Raiders take a Qb at some point in the 18’ draft?

A: The Raiders have far more pressing needs than a backup quarterback. Even if they took one there’s no chance he plays anytime soon, so there’s no point with a 2016 fourth-rounder in Connor Cook already on the roster.

@Joe2577: How does the future move to Vegas affect a potential coaching search?

A: Coaches who like gambling more will be more interested in the job. Just kidding. I don’t think it will have any substantial effect.

@stewg37: Any chance they bring Sean Smith back at a reduced rate next year. I hope not.

A: It’s possible given his late-season success. Believe it or not, he held the best team’s best receiver to no catches on Monday. That still may not be enough to wipe away his early season struggles, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the Raiders bring Smith back for Gareon Conley insurance or even to start opposite Conley.

@RaiderMatt5204: Can we get chucky here ?
A: Pagano brothers as coordinators? Don’t hate it, but I doubt it.

@Nate_moseby: Why after 16 weeks do we run the same offensive concepts and lack of PA that have plagued this team?

A: And there is why the Raiders will probably have a new offensive coordinator next year…
Old 12-27-2017, 08:26 PM
383vett
Race Director

Originally Posted by Woodson
Fair weather fans. Jimmy G.? He might be good but we don't know yet.
Fair weather fan? You're talking about a team that could care less about their fans, jilting them not once but now twice for what they perceive to be greener pastures. Davis expects the Oakland fans to support them for 2 more years while they prepare to leave? We'll see.
Old 12-27-2017, 10:05 PM
moose.b3
Drifting

I have to agree. Burn me once, shame on you. Burn me twice, shame on me.

Quick Reply: Oakland Raiders