Northern California Northern California

Oakland Raiders

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 05:57 AM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 209TIME!!!
I must second that!!!...damn I really wanted to see the raiders go 0 and 16, oh well
Sorry to spoil your party. I want to beat the Whiners, hate them most in NFL.
Old 11-29-2014, 02:06 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Default George Atkinson III RB

George Atkinson III was signed to active roster and Carlos Rogers was placed on IR. George Atkinson will probably handle kick off returns and hope get some carry at RB. Latavius Murray will not play, didn't pass the concussion protocol.
Old 11-30-2014, 02:43 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Default Pathetic Disgrace

Very disgusting game, they didn't even show up, as a Raiders fan totally disgusted in them today. 38-0 at halftime. Lucky they won last week, because if they look like this the rest of the year, there not going to win anymore. Horrible just horrible.
Old 11-30-2014, 02:52 PM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,365 Likes on 790 Posts

Originally Posted by Woodson
Nope. I predict 1-15, but I don't think the win will be against the Browns. I think they will surprise one decent team and then go back to ineptitude.
Switching to the Grey Cup game soon. Go Stampeders
Old 11-30-2014, 02:54 PM
Sunnyvale Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 152 Likes on 122 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16,'19

The biggest deficit in the first half in the history of the Raiders.

Last edited by Sunnyvale Dave; 11-30-2014 at 09:37 PM.
Old 11-30-2014, 04:18 PM
Z06supercharged
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm surprised the local network even broadcasts them anymore.
Old 11-30-2014, 04:54 PM
Kingspoke
Melting Slicks

Received 105 Likes on 67 Posts

I turned off the TV when they were 28 to zip, with less than 4 minutes into the 2nd quarter. I turned it back after calming down a couple of minutes later, and it just kept getting worse! I couldn't keep up with all the 3 and outs. One time they actually got past the Ram's 37 yard line!

In the end, Matt Schaub steps in to prove why he was another bad choice by the Raiders. (Free is not free if it costs you!)

If this is not embarrassing enough to get Mark Davis to fire the GM then he deserves being the laughing stock of the NFL. No running backs, no pass rushers, few that can catch & hold the ball, and bad coaching to top it off.

I don't see how Woodson can keep hustling and getting ran over because he doesn't have much help, and come back next year. Oh, and it's the oldest team by average age in the NFL. A lot of those other veteran picks did not pan out, but a few did.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:30 PM
folsomlarry
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Hard to put into words how bad they played. I managed to watch the entire game just to see if they could do anything, which they didn't. Could be a scoreless tie next week against the Niners.
Old 11-30-2014, 08:19 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by folsomlarry
Hard to put into words how bad they played. I managed to watch the entire game just to see if they could do anything, which they didn't. Could be a scoreless tie next week against the Niners.
I give you props to sit and watch the whole game. I turn the game off when it was 28-0. Flip back once in a while to see if they scored, no luck, lol. Lucky I have NFL Sunday Ticket, so I can turn to a better game to watch.
Old 12-01-2014, 01:40 AM
Kingspoke
Melting Slicks

What do you guys think about Jim Harbaugh crossing the bridge?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...223057628.html

"Going from a team with both a recent history and a lineage of success like San Francisco to either of the NFL's true compost plants would be quite the fall-off for Harbaugh." - ESPN's Adam Schefter
Old 12-01-2014, 02:13 AM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Kingspoke
What do you guys think about Jim Harbaugh crossing the bridge?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...223057628.html

"Going from a team with both a recent history and a lineage of success like San Francisco to either of the NFL's true compost plants would be quite the fall-off for Harbaugh." - ESPN's Adam Schefter
I think it would be stupid, we need are draft pick, we need better players as you can see from the results of the Rams game. Wouldn't mind getting him as a coach but not to give away our top pick for him. This stuff all rumors, will find out what happen when the season over. We need to go out and kick the Whiners butt this weekend, I want this win, more than any other game this season. Go Raiders.

Last edited by Paul 68; 12-01-2014 at 11:05 AM.
Old 12-01-2014, 01:26 PM
PartTimeGenius
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Paul 68
I think it would be stupid, we need are draft pick, we need better players as you can see from the results of the Rams game. Wouldn't mind getting him as a coach but not to give away our top pick for him. This stuff all rumors, will find out what happen when the season over. We need to go out and kick the Whiners butt this weekend, I want this win, more than any other game this season. Go Raiders.
I saw where the 49ers were making some noise about offering their coach up for a trade, but it makes me wonder what's going on over there that makes him so polarizing. If he gets fired, I wouldn't mind if the Raider front office brought him in to interview for next year's coaching position, but as Paul 68 says, we need to keep our draft picks for players. We have so many needs... If you happened to watch the Alabama/Auburn game, I saw some receivers we may want to look at.

I didn't necessarily expect us to beat the Rams, but I never thought they'd hang 50+ on us, especially with their backup QB. Must be nice to have a backup with that much talent. I don't think we've been trashed this badly since Buffalo beat us 51-3 back in '91.

Question for you guys who are closer to the epicenter: Given the money problems in the area, what do you think our chances of keeping the team in Oakland area? If the Rams don't beat us to it, is a return to L.A.
a possibility?
Old 12-01-2014, 01:35 PM
GotCorvette?
Team Owner

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by PartTimeGenius
I saw where the 49ers were making some noise about offering their coach up for a trade, but it makes me wonder what's going on over there that makes him so polarizing. If he gets fired, I wouldn't mind if the Raider front office brought him in to interview for next year's coaching position, but as Paul 68 says, we need to keep our draft picks for players. We have so many needs... If you happened to watch the Alabama/Auburn game, I saw some receivers we may want to look at.

I didn't necessarily expect us to beat the Rams, but I never thought they'd hang 50+ on us, especially with their backup QB. Must be nice to have a backup with that much talent. I don't think we've been trashed this badly since Buffalo beat us 51-3 back in '91.

Question for you guys who are closer to the epicenter: Given the money problems in the area, what do you think our chances of keeping the team in Oakland area? If the Rams don't beat us to it, is a return to L.A.
a possibility?
There is a new mayor-elect in Oakland, we'll see what she can come up with. Probably no hope with the current mayor.
Old 12-01-2014, 01:39 PM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by PartTimeGenius

a possibility?
I would never trade draft picks for a guy that is eventually going to get fired, especially when we have so many needs.

Let's see, what do we need?
DL's
WR's
OL's
MLB
DB's
PR
KR
Backup QB
Backup RB
And for that matter, depth everywhere.

Other than that we are set
Old 12-01-2014, 01:40 PM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Switching to the Grey Cup game soon. Go Stampeders
Grey Cup Champs. Nice to cheer for a winner.
Old 12-01-2014, 01:57 PM
Kingspoke
Melting Slicks

I don't think L.A. would even entertain the idea of the Raiders coming back, especially under their current management and standings.

The City Hall in Oakland is so screwed up, it's a wonder they have any sport franchise here, at all.

Oakland is ranked No.2 in the Ten Most Dangerous cities in America, and Mayor Jean Quan supported the occupy movement to the tune of over one million dollars for police and clean up costs on a city strapped for money. Sixities radicals run the city of Oakland, along with thousands of parolees & gang members.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the...ica-2014-11-20

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/30/us...anted=all&_r=0

Sorry but had to get that rant out of the way, as I lived and worked in Oakland.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:53 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

I would never trade draft picks for a guy that is eventually going to get fired, especially when we have so many needs.

Let's see, what do we need?
DL's
WR's
OL's
MLB
DB's
PR
KR
Backup QB
Backup RB
And for that matter, depth everywhere.

Other than that we are set

Get notified of new replies

To Oakland Raiders

Old 12-05-2014, 11:49 PM
PartTimeGenius
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Again, we'll probably have the first pick, so it'll be interesting to see what Reggie does with it. IMNSHO, our biggest need is players who can help us score, or at least keep the ball in play long enough to let the defense catch its breath.

Do we grab a great receiver with the first pick, or trade the pick to get other, later picks? If I'm in the big chair, I'm taking Amani Cooper from Alabama.
Old 12-06-2014, 02:24 AM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

I'd get rid of McKenzie before he gets a chance to screw up the next draft. Remember, this is the same guy that picked Allen. I don't think he should have another chance. 3 years is enough.
Old 12-06-2014, 03:18 AM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 383vett
I'd get rid of McKenzie before he gets a chance to screw up the next draft. Remember, this is the same guy that picked Allen. I don't think he should have another chance. 3 years is enough.

Quick Reply: Oakland Raiders