Northern California Northern California

Hello From Roseville!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 03:54 PM
FRChilln
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Welcome aboard Troy,

Be sure to catch some of the events. Lots of great and knowledgeable people on here.

-Mike
Old 08-09-2013, 12:51 PM
BodaciousBlue
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Troy...A warm WELCOME from the Bay Area. Congratulations on your quite shiny Z06. You will enjoy the forum its the best.

Reuben
Old 08-09-2013, 06:01 PM
mig1980
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Hey there Troy. Not sure if anyone has responded to your traction control dic issue but I suggest you post your codes.... here is a link on what to do http://www.stengel.net/diccodes.htm

The codes will be able to give us a bit more detail.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:11 PM
flynbyu2
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

I had the exact same code shot at me during an easy ride on I5. I was traveling about 70 MPH going straight when mine popped up.

We got to our destination and stayed there about 4 hours. When we came home, the DIC was clear.

It had never happened before, and has not happened since.

Oh and by the way, welcome to the forum and to Z06 ownership.

I'm in Folsom/Orangevale area.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:41 PM
flynbyu2
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Have you pulled the codes from your DIC to see what comes up yet?

My guess is you have a SWPS issue.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:47 PM
troyw
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mig1980
Hey there Troy. Not sure if anyone has responded to your traction control dic issue but I suggest you post your codes.... here is a link on what to do http://www.stengel.net/diccodes.htm

The codes will be able to give us a bit more detail.
Thanks you guys - I actually did pull the codes and thought I had posted them here but I guess I forgot to do it. (Too many pans in the fire!)

The code that showed up for the TCS was C1288 H

It hasn't happened again so maybe it was just that i had the wheel hard cranked to the left and on an incline. I have a family friend that has an 04 Z06 and teaches racing at willow springs down in So Cal. he didn't seem to think it was a huge issue and might not pop up again. I took a cruise yesterday on some fairly curvy roads and had no issues.

Thanks!
Troy
Old 08-07-2017, 05:28 PM
troyw
Intermediate

Hi All,

Reviving this old thread because I've been out of the loop for quite a while for various reasons. Some good some not so much. At any rate, wanted to try to reconnect with some of you local Roseville guys to say hi and maybe get back in the loop. My wife and I had a great time with you all on the Icehouse Road run we did a few years back!

One thing heavy on my mind recently is I need to get a problem with my steering position sensor dealt with and am looking for some help in finding a trustworthy and reasonably priced mechanic in the area. I remembered there was a particular guy over at BMR that was kind of a "go to" for everyone. but can't remember what his name was.

Anyhow, hope to hear back from some of you guys! As I get older, I seem to be more of an early riser so maybe I can drag my rear end down to BMR for coffee and some "jabbering" one day!

Best,
Troy
Old 08-07-2017, 06:10 PM
mig1980
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Good afternoon Troy! Honestly, I have tried several shops and dealers in the area and have not had good luck. I am going to continue to use Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista for my vettes. Rich and the rest of his crew are great and know how to take care of our cars, especially for very particular owners such as myself
Old 08-07-2017, 08:31 PM
troyw
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mig1980
Good afternoon Troy! Honestly, I have tried several shops and dealers in the area and have not had good luck. I am going to continue to use Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista for my vettes. Rich and the rest of his crew are great and know how to take care of our cars, especially for very particular owners such as myself
ok...that might be a tough one. With my business being in Roseville and my wife and I running things it might be hard to get it back and forth. I could have sworn there was a vette guru at BMR...Am i totally off on that?
Thanks!
Troy

Quick Reply: Hello From Roseville!