Hello From Roseville!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 04:44 PM
troyw
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hello From Roseville!

Hey All,

Just wanted to introduce and see who's out there in the Sacto area. My wife and I just bought a 2001 Z06 and were talking the other night how it might be fun to see if there are any local clubs or events here in the Sacto area that we might want to get involved in.

Also it would just be nice to have some local guys for me to bounce ideas off or run things by from time to time for upgrade, problems, etc...

Anyhow, Cheers in advance!

Troy

Old 08-02-2013, 04:48 PM
mig1980
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Want to be the first to welcome you! I have owned my vette for 10 years now and have loved every minute of it. This is a great community and you will find a lot of people willing to provide input.

My wife and I live in Rancho Cordova but will be moving to Roseville in a few months. Good looking vette by the way. Gives us more details on the car and its history (as much as you know).
Old 08-02-2013, 05:13 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Congrats on the C5Z, it's even the fastest color

You will find all sorts of fun Corvette related things to do and clubs to join if you want to get out and do that sort of thing. There are plenty of local clubs and get togethers throughout the year.

If you need any dealer, parts or modding advise, please feel free to call, email or PM me with questions. I am the Service and Parts Director for Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista. We sponsor this, and many other forums, along with 9 local clubs. I think we work on and maintain the vast majority of Nor Cal Corvette Forum member's cars and we enjoy every minute of it.

RICH
Old 08-02-2013, 05:23 PM
troyw
Intermediate

Rich and Mig, Thanks for the warm welcome and offer to help out if needed.

More on the car, it's got 65k miles on it and is mostly stock from what I can see. It's been babied for sure...paint and interior are in really good condition. We looked at quite a few cars before I landed on this one. Coupes were also an option but I really wanted a Z both for the performance and the fact that i really like the hardtop look.

I've been a corvette lover since I was about 6 when my favorite uncle pulled into our driveway one day with a brand new 69 Stingray. It was Monaco orange and gorgeous! (still my favorite car ever) From that moment on, I was hooked.

When i was in my early 30s I picked up a C4 (85) and drove it for 16 years so this isn't my first time owning one. Still, the C4 was not the body that I liked but it was a vette! I had a blast with that car for lots of years and am looking forward to the same with this one!
Old 08-02-2013, 07:05 PM
rosevillejere
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the Z and welcome to the corvette family. As stated in other posts, there are a number of local clubs to consider.

There is also a corvette group (not a club) that gathers Sat. mornings at Bill McAnally Racing (BMR) in Roseville for coffee, donuts and some fun jaw-jack'n...actually, that's who we are...Corvette Jaw-Jackers. A lot of the cars have been modified/customized in some manner and the guys and gals are most willing to share what works and what doesn't.

You are most welcome to stop in and enjoy some Corvette Jaw-Jack'n.

Jere
Old 08-02-2013, 07:05 PM
KenVette57
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome, I live in Lincoln. I've had mine for 3 years now; 2005 C6 Coupe magnetic red metallic. I love it!!!!!

Nice vette!!!!! Like Richie said, lots of things going on throughout the year and some great clubs and runs. Also, as soon as something breaks or need service I'm on my way to Abel Chevrolet.. Hear great thing about Richie and the gang.

Welcome
Old 08-02-2013, 11:09 PM
redvetteman81
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by rosevillejere
Congrats on the Z and welcome to the corvette family. As stated in other posts, there are a number of local clubs to consider.

There is also a corvette group (not a club) that gathers Sat. mornings at Bill McAnally Racing (BMR) in Roseville for coffee, donuts and some fun jaw-jack'n...actually, that's who we are...Corvette Jaw-Jackers. A lot of the cars have been modified/customized in some manner and the guys and gals are most willing to share what works and what doesn't.

You are most welcome to stop in and enjoy some Corvette Jaw-Jack'n.

Jere
Great group of guys, the JJ'S
Old 08-02-2013, 11:20 PM
troyw
Intermediate

That all sounds awesome! so what's the best place to find out about events or runs? Is there a place here where it's posted?
Old 08-03-2013, 10:53 AM
folsomlarry
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by troyw
That all sounds awesome! so what's the best place to find out about events or runs? Is there a place here where it's posted?
Welcome to the forum. BMR is a great place to meet the locals every Saturday. I have also sent you a pm with a link to another site that has plenty of runs and GTGs.

Larry

Last edited by folsomlarry; 08-03-2013 at 10:56 AM.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:31 PM
stafftech
Racer

Welcome to the group, I am new as well and appear to be looking for the same kind things you mentioned above. I am in Folsom. Sold my 1st two vettes and recently purchased a 60. I am waiting delivery from (un) reliable transport. Not real happy with them at this time but thats another story. How to meet you soon.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:43 PM
50 4Ever
Wil Cooksey #256
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Welcome to the forum and congratulations. I'm in Rancho Cordova and go to BMR almost every Saturday. I am also a member of a local club called the River City Corvette Club. check out the website HERE.

Old 08-04-2013, 10:21 PM
troyw
Intermediate

Today we took a fun drive up to Georgetown then onto Stump Meadow Lake (where this pic was taken) we saw some otters there which we've never seen before in our norcal travels. Came back through Coloma and on home!

One thing happened that was a bit troubling...as i was coming around a tight curve on an uphill slope I got a code on the DIC that said "service traction control" and the light on the cluster came on. I took it easy a few miles till we got into the town of Cool where we pulled in at a store. I shut it down for a few and restarted it and it cleared. After that it didn't return. Something to be concerned about? I've got a 30 day warranty from the dealer so I could take it in if need be.

Looking forward to coming down to meet all the JJ crew soon....what time are you guys usually there on Saturdays?
Old 08-04-2013, 11:51 PM
ErnieD
Burning Brakes

Received 70 Likes on 43 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16-'17,'19

Originally Posted by troyw
Today we took a fun drive up to Georgetown then onto Stump Meadow Lake (where this pic was taken) we saw some otters there which we've never seen before in our norcal travels. Came back through Coloma and on home!

Looking forward to coming down to meet all the JJ crew soon....what time are you guys usually there on Saturdays?
Welcome Troy. Some of the folks have breakfast first, then show up at BMR around 8:30 or so -- surely by 9:00am you'd have company.

Not sure if you're familiar with the road beyond Stumpy Meadows Lake, but the 15 mile drive East from Stumpy Meadows Lake to Icehouse Rd. is a superb driving road -- smooth pavement, nice banked turns, not much traffic. There's other stuff to see out there as well. The Big Hill vista point and Helipad is only a couple of miles off of Icehouse Rd. and worth a look. If interested, we can talk more one of these Saturdays at BMR. Hope to see you there.
Ernie
Old 08-05-2013, 01:37 AM
mel3535
Burning Brakes

Nice looking Z06
Old 08-05-2013, 01:15 PM
troyw
Intermediate

Thanks Ernie - sounds like a winner to me and not far for a nice weekend drive. We actually live in Loomis. We did it yesterday with plenty of time to get home and grill up some steaks. I'm looking forward to coming down to BMR. I'll just have to drag my rear end out of bed...LOL...having two businesses my weekends are my time to catch up on sleep.

Anyone have feedback on the traction control issue I had yesterday?
Old 08-05-2013, 01:38 PM
KenVette57
Pro

Originally Posted by Smkn 07
Welcome Troy. Some of the folks have breakfast first, then show up at BMR around 8:30 or so -- surely by 9:00am you'd have company.

Not sure if you're familiar with the road beyond Stumpy Meadows Lake, but the 15 mile drive East from Stumpy Meadows Lake to Icehouse Rd. is a superb driving road -- smooth pavement, nice banked turns, not much traffic. There's other stuff to see out there as well. The Big Hill vista point and Helipad is only a couple of miles off of Icehouse Rd. and worth a look. If interested, we can talk more one of these Saturdays at BMR. Hope to see you there.
Ernie
Hey Ernie, you may have started something. I've never been there and looks like it would be a great way to spend the day. Maybe an interest check is warranted
Old 08-06-2013, 03:52 PM
ErnieD
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by KenVette57
Hey Ernie, you may have started something. I've never been there and looks like it would be a great way to spend the day. Maybe an interest check is warranted
We certainly could get a small group together. I'll ask a few of the folks at BMR this Saturday morning if they're interested. The Icehouse Rd. ride can be completely done in the morning with lunch in Placerville before returning home -- something like 8:00am to 3:00pm total time from Roseville or nearby areas.

Get notified of new replies

To Hello From Roseville!

Old 08-08-2013, 01:08 PM
KenVette57
Pro

Originally Posted by Smkn 07
We certainly could get a small group together. I'll ask a few of the folks at BMR this Saturday morning if they're interested. The Icehouse Rd. ride can be completely done in the morning with lunch in Placerville before returning home -- something like 8:00am to 3:00pm total time from Roseville or nearby areas.
That sounds like a nice day run. I missed BMR Saturday, any interest? I'll take a run to BMR this Saturday morning, been there a few times don't think we've met. I'll hunt you down and we can chat
Old 08-08-2013, 03:23 PM
ErnieD
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by KenVette57
..... I'll hunt you down and we can chat
Sounds like a plan -- see you Saturday.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:35 PM
QWK_1320
Heel & Toe

Welcome... thats a nice Vette you got there!

Quick Reply: Hello From Roseville!