HELP: 05 Roof recall.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 06:58 PM
Irace4kimchi
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP: 05 Roof recall.

hello all,

i just recently noticed minor wind noise coming from somewhere so i thought my windows were not aligned or have bad weather strip somewhere.
coming home around 10pm lastnight 880NB crusing 70mph i hear LOUD wind noise like my windows were open. my windows were closed all the way up. i flip my sunvior down and thats where wind noise were coming from.
latches were all secure.
came home to do reseach on the roof and i read there is recall on 05-07 models?
i removed my top to check for "symptoms" and yes my adhesive(yellowish color) between roof panel and frame was falling apart!!

i took my car to fremont automall chevy only to get ZERO help from service department. they were so careless.... typed in my vin and said "your car have no recalls"
thats all i get? this is safety concern. i dont want that roof to fly off and hit a car or motorcyclist driving behind me.

my question is has anyone got this recall done w/o receiving recall letter from gm? i bought this car used back in march and cant get ahold of previous owner to ask about the letter.
is this for ALL 05-07 or certain models?

im just hoping theres a dealer in bay area to take this more seriously and look into it (instead of just type in my vin and say there is no recall). i dont want to kill or injure innocent drivers because of this factory defect.
if you ever got this recall taken care of w/o receiving a letter from gm please let me know which dealer took care of u.

my car info: 2005 base coupe with z51 pkg. about 45kmiles on it.
my car shows all the symptoms that are posted online- loud wind noise, roof panel separating from the frame, crack noise going over speed bump, roof panel move up when door or trunk is being closed.
currently not driving on highway.

thanks all for reading!
Old 09-11-2013, 07:05 PM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

Abel Chevy,Rio Vista Chevy or bust .... Call and talk to Richie or tony they will walk you thru the recall for the roofs...

RichieRichz06 is a member here and a vendor ..
Old 09-11-2013, 07:56 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Irace4kimchi
hello all,

i just recently noticed minor wind noise coming from somewhere so i thought my windows were not aligned or have bad weather strip somewhere.
coming home around 10pm lastnight 880NB crusing 70mph i hear LOUD wind noise like my windows were open. my windows were closed all the way up. i flip my sunvior down and thats where wind noise were coming from.
latches were all secure.
came home to do reseach on the roof and i read there is recall on 05-07 models?
i removed my top to check for "symptoms" and yes my adhesive(yellowish color) between roof panel and frame was falling apart!!

i took my car to fremont automall chevy only to get ZERO help from service department. they were so careless.... typed in my vin and said "your car have no recalls"
thats all i get? this is safety concern. i dont want that roof to fly off and hit a car or motorcyclist driving behind me.

my question is has anyone got this recall done w/o receiving recall letter from gm? i bought this car used back in march and cant get ahold of previous owner to ask about the letter.
is this for ALL 05-07 or certain models?

im just hoping theres a dealer in bay area to take this more seriously and look into it (instead of just type in my vin and say there is no recall). i dont want to kill or injure innocent drivers because of this factory defect.
if you ever got this recall taken care of w/o receiving a letter from gm please let me know which dealer took care of u.

my car info: 2005 base coupe with z51 pkg. about 45kmiles on it.
my car shows all the symptoms that are posted online- loud wind noise, roof panel separating from the frame, crack noise going over speed bump, roof panel move up when door or trunk is being closed.
currently not driving on highway.

thanks all for reading!

I would be happy to run the VIN for you and see if the recall still shows and not completed. I have yet to see a roof come apart after the latest version of the replacement panel has been installed so it is likely that your car never went through the second round of replacements.

We have done hundreds of the recalls and we can get the paint match perfect. We work on a large number of the Nor Cal forum member's cars. Feel free to call or PM me your info and I will handle it for you.

RICH

Service and Parts Director
Abel Chevrolet Buick
Old 09-11-2013, 08:46 PM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06
I would be happy to run the VIN for you and see if the recall still shows and not completed. I have yet to see a roof come apart after the latest version of the replacement panel has been installed so it is likely that your car never went through the second round of replacements.

We have done hundreds of the recalls and we can get the paint match perfect. We work on a large number of the Nor Cal forum member's cars. Feel free to call or PM me your info and I will handle it for you.

RICH

Service and Parts Director
Abel Chevrolet Buick

There ya go.. cant beat that service.......
My car goes no where nut Richie and Abel
Old 09-12-2013, 05:50 PM
Irace4kimchi
Cruising

Thanks all!
Rich, ill pm you my vin.
Thanks again!
Old 09-23-2013, 05:52 PM
Irace4kimchi
Cruising

Thanks to Rich and abel staff for helping me with this!
i just picked up my roof and everything looks great!

Get notified of new replies

To HELP: 05 Roof recall.

Quick Reply: HELP: 05 Roof recall.