Northern California Northern California

Can anyone with help me set Cats to ready position? (2002 C5)

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 04:41 PM
RueBurgundy
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Can anyone with help me set Cats to ready position? (2002 C5)

Hi there,

Smog time rolled around and my cats (off a low-mile Z06) are stuck in the "not ready" position. Went through numerous drive cycles and put about 4K miles on the car trying to get them ready. All other items on the smog list pass. Everyone just says replace the cats, etc, but they're fairly new..

I'm willing to pay anyone out who can help with an affordable fix. I;m out of San Jose but will travel basically anywhere in Northern California for help with this. Car is stock by the way except for Z06 exhaust and Callaway Honker.

If anyone can do this please PM and we can exchange info.

Last edited by RueBurgundy; 04-01-2017 at 02:48 AM.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:36 PM
fuggles
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts

I don't believe you can program the sensors to be "ready". You have to do the drive cycle. Which you have done. And the sensors must be hot. Are you sure the sensors are good? Did you disconnect the battery? Did you clear any codes? These actions will reset the drive cycle for readiness.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:55 AM
Mike's LS3
Safety Car

Received 732 Likes on 473 Posts

Any codes pulled? P0420 and P0430 are your Catalyst System Efficiency below threshold codes for bank 1 and 2.

You could have a bad 02 sensor or bad catalytic?

The stock tune file will show both codes checked with MIL on first error. Changing that to no error reporting might disable the code reporting, but you need to find out if there really is a problem rather than ignoring it.

Last edited by Mike's LS3; 03-21-2017 at 12:02 PM.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:35 PM
subfloor@centurytrans
Supporting Vendor

Received 775 Likes on 504 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C6 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by RueBurgundy
Hi there,

Smog time rolled around and my cats (off a low-mile Z06) are stuck in the "not ready" position. Went through numerous drive cycles and put about 4K miles on the car trying to get them ready. All other items on the smog list pass. Everyone I call is telling me to replace the cats, etc, but they are fine. I'm pretty sure it's just that the car is old.

I'm willing to pay anyone out there who has a Tech2 device and can set my cat sensors and/or all sensors to the ready position. I;m out of San Jose but will travel basically anywhere in Northern California for help with this. Car is stock by the way except for Z06 exhaust and Callaway Honker.

If anyone can do this please PM and we can exchange info.
I can help. PM me and I'll explain the details.

Get notified of new replies

To Can anyone with help me set Cats to ready position? (2002 C5)

Quick Reply: Can anyone with help me set Cats to ready position? (2002 C5)