F/S 2006 Lemans Blue C6Z with upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 10:08 PM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Default F/S 2006 Lemans Blue C6Z with upgrades

SOLD

I love this car and I'm going to regret it, but with my 2nd kid going to college and my racing continuing to eat into my budget, I need to sell my street car. It currently has 55k miles on it and is very well setup for a daily driver and occasional auto-x or track day car. Exterior is in nice condition and it's always garaged. I rarely drove the car since I bought it. I've done some very nice upgrades to make it reliable for a long time. Abel Chevrolet did most of the work. The car just passed smog and is 100% street legal. Title in hand. Has the keyless start, Nav, and satellite radio. Super light weight at only 3000 lbs without driver.

1. American Heritage stage 2 heads with upgraded valves and dual springs (edited)
2. LPE larger dry sump tank.
3. Katech oil pump (always has good pressure)
4. LG G2 coilovers (the good bilstein version). You can run with coils or leaf springs. I currently run leaf in back and coils in front.
5. Strano front bar
6. Stoptech ST60 front calipers with tons of extra pads and rotors (used to be on my race car before I changed to AP)
7. K&N air intake system (currently has stock one installed for smog)
8, Rear glass tint.
9. Rubber corvette mats front and back.
10. Mild to wild exhaust
11. Very good condition Michelin Pilot super sport tires (fronts are new)
12. Poly suspension bushings.
13. Almost forgot, quartermaster single disc world challenge clutch. This clutch is awesome, drives like stock but cuts at least half the weight off the stock LS7 clutch. Best upgrade you can do.

Pictures coming. And I also still have the harness bar and corbeau seats that I never installed that will go with the car. That is probably over $10k worth of functional upgrades not including labor . Don't worry about the power, even stock this beast pulled 144 mph down the front straight at Thunderhill. That is in a pretty rare class. Even my GT2 race car can't hit that speed.

Last edited by redtopz; 05-26-2017 at 12:36 PM.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:12 PM
chetly
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts

My favorite color.
The following users liked this post:
redtopz (04-11-2017)
Old 04-13-2017, 03:07 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,184 Posts

Nice! Any chance you would consider taking my '06 C6 6spd 3LT LMB, plus cash in trade?

33k miles, excellent condition.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:28 PM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Thanks for the offer but with 2 kids in college this year and another one finishing high school next year I pretty much need to thin my herd. Flexible on price and timing though. I will leave it only in this forum for another week before posting it elsewhere because this forum has always been good to me.
Old 04-14-2017, 01:37 AM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,184 Posts

Ah well, if you don't ask the answer IS no..... I do understand, 'tho - been there, done that. Put 2 kids through the UC system.

Best Wishes!
Old 04-18-2017, 12:43 PM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Price drop to $35k. I'll leave this here until the end of the week in case any corvette forum people are interested before listing it elsewhere.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:15 AM
Dirk Miller
Burning Brakes

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Hey everyone. I personally have not seen this car of Bill's, but I know his reputation and it is stellar! I know that any vette coming from his garage has really been taken care of and that's because Bill knows our cars and he does is own work himself. I've witnessed him sell many a part on the C.F.. They were always priced below the going prices. I certainly wish I did not have my '08 so that I could own this blue beauty. Bill is a gentleman and a man of his word. Someone is going to have a strong car that will handle well. Mark my word, in the long run that person will want to personally thank Bill for doing what he does to these cars.

Last edited by Dirk Miller; 04-20-2017 at 02:28 AM.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:28 PM
Exotica
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 52 Likes on 22 Posts

I completely agree with this statement. I have not seen the car either but I have met Bill and purchased parts from him (coil overs). He is a stand up guy, is a man of his word and seems to be very particular about his cars.

Bill good luck with the sale. I wish I was in the market for it myself but unfortunately I am not.

Cheers.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:36 AM
DarkMastyr
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does it come with driving lessons?
Old 04-21-2017, 10:04 AM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Dirk Miller
Hey everyone. I personally have not seen this car of Bill's, but I know his reputation and it is stellar! I know that any vette coming from his garage has really been taken care of and that's because Bill knows our cars and he does is own work himself. I've witnessed him sell many a part on the C.F.. They were always priced below the going prices. I certainly wish I did not have my '08 so that I could own this blue beauty. Bill is a gentleman and a man of his word. Someone is going to have a strong car that will handle well. Mark my word, in the long run that person will want to personally thank Bill for doing what he does to these cars.
Wow, that made my day! Thanks Dirk, I appreciate the kind words. I will say that I don't cut corners with my cars and I like to do things the right way from the start. I'm confident that this car is as close to bullet proof as a C6Z can get and still be a comfortable daily driver.

Originally Posted by Exotica

I completely agree with this statement. I have not seen the car either but I have met Bill and purchased parts from him (coil overs). He is a stand up guy, is a man of his word and seems to be very particular about his cars.

Bill good luck with the sale. I wish I was in the market for it myself but unfortunately I am not.

Cheers.
Thanks Tom . I would definitely like to see the car in the hands of an enthusiast who would appreciate the upgrades.

Originally Posted by DarkMastyr
Does it come with driving lessons?
Ha, maybe not driving lessons but I would be willing to give away a year's supply of Hoosier A7 scrubs with it! Basically as many hoosiers as you could want in good condition. I'm in the process of converting my car to SCCA Pro Trans Am specs and running on Pirelli slicks. But I'll also be racing NASA this year on the A7's.
Old 05-02-2017, 12:58 AM
Dirk Miller
Burning Brakes

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Default Oh man, still available?

Originally Posted by redtopz
Wow, that made my day! Thanks Dirk, I appreciate the kind words. I will say that I don't cut corners with my cars and I like to do things the right way from the start. I'm confident that this car is as close to bullet proof as a C6Z can get and still be a comfortable daily driver.

Thanks Tom . I would definitely like to see the car in the hands of an enthusiast who would appreciate the upgrades.

Ha, maybe not driving lessons but I would be willing to give away a year's supply of Hoosier A7 scrubs with it! Basically as many hoosiers as you could want in good condition. I'm in the process of converting my car to SCCA Pro Trans Am specs and running on Pirelli slicks. But I'll also be racing NASA this year on the A7's.
Bill, I'm about to send you a PM
Dirk
Old 05-02-2017, 11:38 AM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Dirk Miller
Bill, I'm about to send you a PM
Dirk
Old 05-04-2017, 10:29 AM
adower
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please see pm

please check your private measage
Old 05-04-2017, 11:26 AM
TGO
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Wow beautiful car! Great price too! A couple more years and one of these beauties will be within my reach lol! GLWS!
Old 05-04-2017, 07:44 PM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Thanks guys. PM's responded to. Dirk is coming to look at it next week. I'll update after that.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:45 PM
Z06_Guy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sent you a PM
Old 05-05-2017, 07:10 PM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Z06_Guy
Sent you a PM

Get notified of new replies

To F/S 2006 Lemans Blue C6Z with upgrades

Old 05-07-2017, 05:50 PM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Here is the clutch that I installed. Yeah, it's a $3000 clutch but it's worth it. I have the single disc version good for 700 ft-lbs of torque. It drives like stock around town, but it's half the weight of the LS7 clutch and always works even on the race track. SRF brake fluid in the clutch and brake lines.

http://www.quartermasterusa.com/qm/c.../c6-c6-z06html

Also here are a couple pics of the dash and steering wheel. It's a wheel from a 2012 so it has the suede leather.

Last edited by redtopz; 05-07-2017 at 10:37 PM.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:17 PM
smellya
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

looking good. If I didn't already have one lemans blue money pit. I would be all over it. Good oil pressure also.
The following users liked this post:
redtopz (05-12-2017)
Old 05-12-2017, 11:14 AM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

PMs replied to, sorry for the delay. Getting more interest now and my dad even said he might want to buy it if nobody else will.

BTW, I forgot to mention the front wheels have SKF hubs. And even though it doesn't show up on the carfax, the car appears to have had some damage to the left rear quarter panel at some point. You have to look really hard, but it has been to a body shop at some point. I didn't notice it when I bought the car or even afterwards, but someone recently pointed it out to me. Just want to be up front.

Quick Reply: F/S 2006 Lemans Blue C6Z with upgrades