Northern California Northern California

What Sacramento dealer for first oil change on z06?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 02:05 PM
mig1980
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

My 16 Z06 is also due for an oil change but have been finding it hard to set aside time during the week to take my car to Abel. I would prefer it but won't have time anytime soon.

Given what Al D has said, I think I am going to give Folsom Chevrolet (7 miles away from my house) a try. Folsom Chevrolet has their service department open on Saturday which is incredibly helpful for my schedule.

Last edited by mig1980; 05-04-2017 at 02:16 PM.
Old 05-05-2017, 10:17 AM
deltadude
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I met the owner of Folsom Chevrolet a few years back up at Hot August Nights. He is a corvette guy.
Old 05-05-2017, 07:07 PM
Nokones
Drifting

Received 231 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by deltadude
I met the owner of Folsom Chevrolet a few years back up at Hot August Nights. He is a corvette guy.
And I think he is/was a member in the River City Corvette Club.
Old 05-06-2017, 09:38 AM
jmeirhofer
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

Good to hear that folks are having a good experience at Folsom Chevrolet. It is only about a mile from my house so very convenient. I do most of my own work but there is occasion that I need more complex things done and need a reliable place to go. I would like to go to Able in Rio Vista but at a 1.5hr. drive it is not likely to happen.
Old 05-06-2017, 05:22 PM
c7fasteddie
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jmeirhofer
Good to hear that folks are having a good experience at Folsom Chevrolet. It is only about a mile from my house so very convenient. I do most of my own work but there is occasion that I need more complex things done and need a reliable place to go. I would like to go to Able in Rio Vista but at a 1.5hr. drive it is not likely to happen.

Just one good report?? Are there more people who have used them? tell us what you think!!
Old 05-08-2017, 11:56 AM
jmeirhofer
Racer

Originally Posted by c7fasteddie
Just one good report?? Are there more people who have used them? tell us what you think!!
I think there are two that responded with good review of the Service department which is the reason I said "glad folks" vs. "glad you".

Have you had a contradictory experience here that you would like to fill us in on or are you just trying to create a response from others? I ask because being new tho this forum I do not yet know who are the trolls and who can add value.
Old 05-08-2017, 03:00 PM
mig1980
Melting Slicks

I think there are two that responded with good review of the Service department which is the reason I said "glad folks" vs. "glad you".

Have you had a contradictory experience here that you would like to fill us in on or are you just trying to create a response from others? I ask because being new tho this forum I do not yet know who are the trolls and who can add value.
I have an appointment for the 500 mile oil change on my 16' Z this coming Saturday (5/13). I will post how it goes.
The following users liked this post:
jmeirhofer (05-08-2017)
Old 05-12-2017, 10:27 PM
Nokones
Drifting

Received 231 Likes on 158 Posts

John L Sullivan Chevrolet has taken good care of me and my Corvettes and dually diesel. You may want to have them a try.

Wheeler Chevrolet in Yuba City is another dealer I wouldn't go to even if it was the last Chevrolet dealer in business.
Old 05-13-2017, 07:42 PM
c7fasteddie
Racer

Looking for more input! I can say the sales management is awful but service not many people give input??
Old 05-15-2017, 06:00 PM
mig1980
Melting Slicks

Good day everyone. I just had the 500 mile service at Folsom Chevrolet. Here is my experience.

I arrived on time and the rep that was scheduled to assist me was nowhere to be found so another rep assisted me. She took down my info and asked for my keys.

After about 15 minutes, I see one of the techs get in my car and drive right past the oil change bays around the front of the dealer and didn't appear again for about 3-5 minutes (disappeared from my line of sight). Needless to say I was pissed. After having some choice words with the rep, my car finally appeared.

After that my car received its oil change and all was well (outside of a large oil hand print on the passenger side fender that was left there for me to clean).

This was my experience with this dealer. I will let everyone else reading this post decide for themselves whether this is an acceptable experience for you.
The following 2 users liked this post by mig1980:
c7fasteddie (05-15-2017), jmeirhofer (05-15-2017)
Old 05-15-2017, 06:25 PM
jmeirhofer
Racer

Thanks for the summary mig. That is really to bad as I had hoped they would be okay. I do 80-90% of my own work anyway but there will come a time when it is something I don't have the tools or other resources to get the job done. I guess my or our search continues.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:52 PM
c7fasteddie
Racer

Originally Posted by mig1980
Good day everyone. I just had the 500 mile service at Folsom Chevrolet. Here is my experience.

I arrived on time and the rep that was scheduled to assist me was nowhere to be found so another rep assisted me. She took down my info and asked for my keys.

After about 15 minutes, I see one of the techs get in my car and drive right past the oil change bays around the front of the dealer and didn't appear again for about 3-5 minutes (disappeared from my line of sight). Needless to say I was pissed. After having some choice words with the rep, my car finally appeared.

After that my car received its oil change and all was well (outside of a large oil hand print on the passenger side fender that was left there for me to clean).

This was my experience with this dealer. I will let everyone else reading this post decide for themselves whether this is an acceptable experience for you.

Just as bad as there Sales dept !!!

Quick Reply: What Sacramento dealer for first oil change on z06?