Northern California Northern California

What Sacramento dealer for first oil change on z06?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 02:29 AM
Pacembellum
Melting Slicks

Received 689 Likes on 507 Posts
Default What Sacramento dealer for first oil change on z06?

I pick up my new ZO6 tomorrow and the dealership that accepted the courtesy delivery is 50 miles away so I wanted to find one in town to go to. which ones have you used and would recommend for this? also who has the best prices for installing tires on these cars I'm thinking of getting a performance set of rims for some Pilot Sport cup 2's non runflats.
Old 04-15-2017, 12:01 PM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by Pacembellum
I pick up my new ZO6 tomorrow and the dealership that accepted the courtesy delivery is 50 miles away so I wanted to find one in town to go to. which ones have you used and would recommend for this? also who has the best prices for installing tires on these cars I'm thinking of getting a performance set of rims for some Pilot Sport cup 2's non runflats.
Don't waste your time at other shops.

Go to abel Chevy first. Theyre a very corvette friendly dealership that offers discounts for forum and club members.
Not only do they sell corvettes but they race them very successfully too.

They have some of the best techs in the industry.

They also have a brand new alignment machine and can take care of your tire needs.

So. It's worth the extra miles for great service.
Old 04-15-2017, 01:02 PM
spireland
Melting Slicks

Received 2,147 Likes on 877 Posts

Able is worth the drive. Too many horror stories of folks screwing up their dry sump oil changes for to risk anyone else. I don't know why, but most Chevy dealers don't get it's a different system.
Old 04-15-2017, 11:08 PM
wonka12_98
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

I only let Abel do my oil changes. Depending on what needs to be done I might bring my car to Performance Chevrolet especially for TSB's or recalls. It depends on the level of complexity on what I need done. All aftermarket installation work is done at Abel for me. Abel also has the correct tire machine to change your tires without doing damage to them. They changed my new Forgeline VX1 Monoblock wheels ($7700) and they didn't have a mark on them. Very happy!

Last edited by wonka12_98; 04-15-2017 at 11:10 PM.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:24 AM
c7fasteddie
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It won't matter if your Vette is a Z06 or the real cool Stingray! The service from all dealer's is the same. Go to Abel, they love all Corvettes even the people who drive them.

Last edited by c7fasteddie; 04-17-2017 at 02:09 AM.
Old 04-16-2017, 12:20 PM
jswilke
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

I'll never take my C6Z to Maita Chevrolet again. Like others, I highly recommend Rich at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista!
Old 04-17-2017, 10:53 PM
UR LZN
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ptroxx

Go to abel Chevy first. Theyre a very corvette friendly dealership that offers discounts for forum and club members.

They also have a brand new alignment machine and can take care of your tire needs.

Dittos!! Was there just a couple weeks back for the first time and I highly recommend them! Rio Vista is a nice place to hang-out too!
Old 04-18-2017, 10:32 AM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Thanks for all the recommendations everyone. To the OP, we're happy to take care of all your Corvette needs and look forward to giving you a place you feel comfortable taking your new Corvette to.

Call the shop and simply ask for the Service Dept or email me if you would like to make an appointment.

RICH
Old 04-22-2017, 03:08 PM
Pacembellum
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ptroxx

Very cool, i guess ill get used to driving to Rio Vista.
Old 04-22-2017, 03:09 PM
Pacembellum
Melting Slicks

How about performance Chevrolet in Sacramento? They sponsor the local Corvette club, ok to use them for oil changes at least?
Old 04-23-2017, 04:28 PM
Al D
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 31 Posts

I used Folsom Chevrolet for my first and second oil change. Just did the second one Friday. I wanted to make the drive to Abel, but couldn't make the time. One thing I like at Folsom, is that the car is never more than 10 feet away if you want to watch it. No issues. I will probably do my third one there also. I especially like Ron the service advisor.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:19 PM
harrydirty
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

How about performance Chevrolet in Sacramento? They sponsor the local Corvette club, ok to use them for oil changes at least?
Keep in mind that an oil change is not an "easy" or common procedure for the Z06 since it is a dry sump system. You will find several threads where a dealer tech filled a dry sump motor with oil through a valve cover hole with disastrous results.

I always do it myself or take it to a proven Z06 expert dealer like Abel.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:00 PM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by harrydirty
Keep in mind that an oil change is not an "easy" or common procedure for the Z06 since it is a dry sump system. You will find several threads where a dealer tech filled a dry sump motor with oil through a valve cover hole with disastrous results.

I always do it myself or take it to a proven Z06 expert dealer like Abel.
Or they just fill it with 5+ at of oil.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:20 PM
LouieM
Race Director

Received 3,034 Likes on 1,250 Posts

Very cool, i guess ill get used to driving to Rio Vista.
Great thinking!
Old 05-01-2017, 01:03 PM
RagTop69
Melting Slicks

Received 201 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Al D
I used Folsom Chevrolet for my first and second oil change. Just did the second one Friday. I wanted to make the drive to Abel, but couldn't make the time. One thing I like at Folsom, is that the car is never more than 10 feet away if you want to watch it. No issues. I will probably do my third one there also. I especially like Ron the service advisor.
I bought my '09 as a used car from Folsom Chevrolet and, on the one occasion I had to take my car to them, was pleased at the prompt, polite service. I actually live closer to John L. Sullivan Chevrolet but the interfaces I've had with both their sales and service personnel have been consistently customer unfriendly. I know Richie Rich is "the man" when it comes to Vettes, but 100 miles is a long way to drive for an oil change.

Last edited by RagTop69; 05-01-2017 at 01:07 PM.
Old 05-01-2017, 07:16 PM
c7fasteddie
Racer

Al, If they service your Vette or mine will it always be 10' away? Pls elaborate.
Old 05-02-2017, 07:52 PM
Al D
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by c7fasteddie
Al, If they service your Vette or mine will it always be 10' away? Pls elaborate.
With thier layout, you pull up in front of the oil change bay and turn it off.
The service adviser comes out, writes it up an then pulls it forward about 10 feet onto the ramp. The tail lights are about 5-10 feet from the viewing area where you can stand and wait. I can see the guy under the car and can watch him pour in the oil after he sets it down. The first time I asked if I could get under it with him to have look since I had not seen it yet. He was really happy to get under it with me and point everything out.

Any other service requires the car to disappear into the general service area, but not oil changes. If they are doing the computer update recall, it will leave into the back.

There was a nice couple in their 60s or 70s having their Z06 serviced also. I talked to them for a couple of minutes but neglected to ask how previous service was. Either way, I doubt they were anywhere near as OCD as I am.

Get notified of new replies

To What Sacramento dealer for first oil change on z06?

Old 05-03-2017, 10:52 PM
Nokones
Drifting

Received 231 Likes on 158 Posts

No and never

Last edited by Nokones; 05-03-2017 at 10:53 PM.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:27 AM
c7fasteddie
Racer

With thier layout, you pull up in front of the oil change bay and turn it off.
The service adviser comes out, writes it up an then pulls it forward about 10 feet onto the ramp. The tail lights are about 5-10 feet from the viewing area where you can stand and wait. I can see the guy under the car and can watch him pour in the oil after he sets it down. The first time I asked if I could get under it with him to have look since I had not seen it yet. He was really happy to get under it with me and point everything out.

Any other service requires the car to disappear into the general service area, but not oil changes. If they are doing the computer update recall, it will leave into the back.

There was a nice couple in their 60s or 70s having their Z06 serviced also. I talked to them for a couple of minutes but neglected to ask how previous service was. Either way, I doubt they were anywhere near as OCD as I am.

Thank's for good information, I have some warranty issues and just don't want to have to drive to Rio Vista at least two maybe 3 times to get my Z fix'd. Most important is the care they will give the car? I am very a
****/OCD too.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:39 AM
Nokones
Drifting

Received 231 Likes on 158 Posts

I am also very **** when it comes to my cars. I have been using John L Sullivan Chevrolet for my service and they have done an excellent job in taking care of me and the job they do on my 93 Ruby, C5 ZO6, 13 Grand Sport, and my dually Diesel.

My C5 ZO6 is due to have the valve springs replaced and my cooling system serviced. In about 2-3 weeks, I am going to make an appointment and try Abel even though the drive is almost 2 hours for me.

I hope it is worth the trip and time. By the comments I read and hear about Abel, it'll probably be worth the trip and time.

Quick Reply: What Sacramento dealer for first oil change on z06?