Northern California Northern California

Nor cal GM Rep?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 01:25 AM
Pacembellum
Melting Slicks

Received 689 Likes on 507 Posts
Default Nor cal GM Rep?

I'm having an issue getting my splitter and side skirts that were supposed to come with my car. Purchasing dealer says they were shipped by GM and delivered.

Courtesy delivery dealer says they never got them.

Bottom line is all I want is the parts or a credit for the value so I can get Katech parts. What to do?
Old 05-25-2017, 12:00 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Pacembellum
I'm having an issue getting my splitter and side skirts that were supposed to come with my car. Purchasing dealer says they were shipped by GM and delivered.

Courtesy delivery dealer says they never got them.

Bottom line is all I want is the parts or a credit for the value so I can get Katech parts. What to do?
Courtesy delivery parts are shipped to the delivering dealer. Shortages are the responsibility of the selling dealer because they make the money off the sale and facilitate the car being a courtesy delivery. Assuming you got the car from a dealer in another geographical area then you will want to work with them and/or their area rep. The delivering dealer didn't make the money from the sale and doesn't really have any obligations.

I see these issues all the time and it's one more reason that I urge against purchasing back east and doing a courtesy delivery.
Old 05-27-2017, 11:34 PM
Pacembellum
Melting Slicks

Received 689 Likes on 507 Posts

Its a minor hassle in the big picture. The discounts​ off a custom build wasnt being offered by anyone on the west coast in January.

Last edited by Pacembellum; 05-27-2017 at 11:35 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Nor cal GM Rep?

Quick Reply: Nor cal GM Rep?