Old 07-13-2017, 06:45 PM
Charles Gerughty
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Kouasupra
How did everybody do??
Everyone did great.

Jim will be posting the results later today or tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for coming out yesterday. yes - let's make this an annual summer event.

Chuck Gerughty
Old 07-13-2017, 09:07 PM
Jim McCombe
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Boat Racer
Thanks for the pics Keith. It was good to see you again along with several of the other Corvette racers that I don't get to see very often. Also, thanks to Jim and Chuck for organizing this very fun event. I vote we make this an annual event.
First of all, credit goes to Chuck who set things up with track manager Georgia Seipel who brought this thing all together. I had little to do with the success of this race.
All of you who participated are the true heroes who put on a great show that even caught the eyes of many non Corvette owners.
Heard many good things from the track officials on how all of you were ready when you were called to run.
Having the pleasure to watch and announce some of the best racing of the night even kept me on the edge of my seat especially when we got into the elimination rounds.
One thing that got my attention was that neither Willie Woo or Christopher Martin both former Vette Magic champs champions were around for the finals. You are a tough bunch of racers.
As far as making this a annual event, I cannot see why we can't do it again next year.
Thanks to all of you who came as well as track photographer Dave Hulford who shot the final round run off.
Dave took a lot of photos last night and may have a photo of your car in action. If interested, Dave can be reached at: Lyndavehul@aol.com
Round by round results can be found by clicking on to the enclosed attachments with Dave Hulfords photo
Final round photo saw Nick Bublitz (far side) of Cotati edging out Cloverdale driver Dan Baptist for the King of The Hill title
Thanks again from all of us at Sonoma Raceway, hope to see all of you again soon
Jim McCombe
Sonoma Raceway Announcing Staff
Attached Images  
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
cc.pdf (770.9 KB, 61 views)
File Type: pdf
ca.pdf (1.00 MB, 61 views)

Last edited by Jim McCombe; 07-13-2017 at 11:06 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Boat Racer (07-15-2017)
Old 07-14-2017, 11:11 AM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by Charles Gerughty
Everyone did great.

Jim will be posting the results later today or tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for coming out yesterday. yes - let's make this an annual summer event.

Chuck Gerughty
Chuck, it was nice meeting and talking with you. Thanks for your efforts in putting this together. It was also fun watching you go a few rounds in that "loaner car" you were driving.
Old 07-14-2017, 11:19 AM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim McCombe
First of all, credit goes to Chuck who set things up with track manager Georgia Seipel who brought this thing all together. I had little to do with the success of this race.
All of you who participated are the true heroes who put on a great show that even caught the eyes of many non Corvette owners.
Heard many good things from the track officials on how all of you were ready when you were called to run.
Having the pleasure to watch and announce some of the best racing of the night even kept me on the edge of my seat especially when we got into the elimination rounds.
One thing that got my attention was that neither Willie Woo or Christopher Martin both former Vette Magic champs champions were around for the finals. You are a tough bunch of racers.
As far as making this a annual event, I cannot see why we can't do it again next year.
Thanks to all of you who came as well as track photographer Dave Hulford who shot the final round run off.
Dave took a lot of photos last night and may have a photo of your car in action. If interested, Dave can be reached at: Lyndavehul@aol.com
Round by round results can be found by clicking on to the enclosed attachments with Dave Hulfords photo
Final round photo saw Nick Bublitz (far side) of Cotati edging out Cloverdale driver Dan Baptist for the King of The Hill title
Thanks again from all of us at Sonoma Raceway, hope to see all of you again soon
Jim McCombe
Sonoma Raceway Announcing Staff
Jim, your commentary both on and off the microphone was priceless. You had the wife and I laughing throughout the night. I think my favorite was late, when you announced that Willie was there with his girlfriend and his wife didn't know about it. The look on Lonnie's face was priceless! It was a pleasure to meet you.
Old 07-14-2017, 02:20 PM
Charles Gerughty
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Les
Chuck, it was nice meeting and talking with you. Thanks for your efforts in putting this together. It was also fun watching you go a few rounds in that "loaner car" you were driving.
Thanks to Christopher for loaning me his car. Once I got the hang of it I had a great time driving it and better still I did not break anything.

Quick Reply: Sonoma Magic - Roster