Northern California Northern California

Bay Area Oil Change (I know, Abel :) )

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 03:27 PM
LT4_CE
Pro

Received 148 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by The Admiralty
Holy ****!!! They used Mobil 1 on my Z51 last fall, but then again, Tim was still there (if that had anything to do with it), and Mike (?) the service manager at the time was courteous, professional, and accessible.

Wow, I guess things have REALLY changed there in the past year. I guess I better rescind my recommendation as it's outdated now.

And I better make the drive to Abel for my next oil change!

P.S. Indeed, looks like Ali is gone too.
Actually, on the sales side of things, they were jerking me around from the moment I took delivery, which was back in November 2016.

They gave me a date when it would be ready. Before going (I'm about 20 miles from their location) I tried calling to confirm it was ready. No answer... left a message with somebody who answered the phone, and voicemails, but no response on that day. Then they gave me a second date to pick it up, but when I got there they hadn't installed the clear bra. Sure, I could take delivery, they said, and bring it back in a week or so to have the clear bra installed. Sort of kills the whole point of the clear bra, if I get a rock chip during that time. The one good thing they did was that after that second time, they offered to have someone come and pick me up and take me back to the dealership for deliery. Of course, the guy who did that also promised me a new window sticker, which he never delivered.

Tim was still there at that time, as was Ali. Although, when I visited, I rarely saw Tim. He was great. He actually sold me (on the side) a brand new Z06 indoor car cover, worth about $350, for just about 1/2 price. As for Ali, he seemed like a good guy, but definitely overwhelmed. You couldn't send him an email, because he got so many that he didn't even have time to read them. And his voicemail was always full, so you couldn't leave him a message.

The worst was that a-hole Brian Wolf, the sales manager. He lied to my face multiple times. My original sales person had left Boardwalk, and when I asked him the status of an issue the original sales person was supposed to handle, all Wolf said was "that was assigned to so and so", meaning the departed sales guy. No matter how many times, and how many ways I tried to ask him the question, he would say the exact same thing, literally. So I asked him if the customer service issue that was being handled by a Boardwalk employee, could only be handled by that one employee, or was it a Boardwalk customer service issue that he was responsible for handling? And he said the same damn thing. Straight face and all. So I gave up hope of dealing with him. But I wanted to kick him in the *****!

As I mentioned, I foolishly purchased the clear bra protection from them as well. So, there was very tiny bubble on the hood, right in the middle of where a stinger stripe would go. Wolf acted concerned; I even showed it to him and he took a photo of it and said he'd look into it. Then the next time I saw him, I asked him the status of that issue. He literally said, with a straight face, "oh, was that something you wanted me to take care of?" He then proceeded to have Ali give me the name of the guy who installed the clear bra, and told me to deal with him directly. Excuse me, dumb-A, I bought the product form you and I expect you to provide the customer service! But he wouldn't!

And this is just the tip of the iceberg, there were other $$$ related issues. But I've already rambled on waaay too long for one post.

I really, as in REALLY hate Brian Wolf. He can kiss my red white and blue ***.

And just for the record, I'm expressing my own opinion, and stating FACTS about my experience with Boardwalk. I'm not trying to tell anyone not to buy their Vette there, since your experience with Boardwalk may vary. Good luck.

Last edited by LT4_CE; 08-09-2017 at 03:29 PM.
The following users liked this post:
The Admiralty (08-09-2017)
Old 08-09-2017, 11:04 PM
The Admiralty
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by LT4_CE
Actually, on the sales side of things, they were jerking me around from the moment I took delivery, which was back in November 2016.

They gave me a date when it would be ready. Before going (I'm about 20 miles from their location) I tried calling to confirm it was ready. No answer... left a message with somebody who answered the phone, and voicemails, but no response on that day. Then they gave me a second date to pick it up, but when I got there they hadn't installed the clear bra. Sure, I could take delivery, they said, and bring it back in a week or so to have the clear bra installed. Sort of kills the whole point of the clear bra, if I get a rock chip during that time. The one good thing they did was that after that second time, they offered to have someone come and pick me up and take me back to the dealership for deliery. Of course, the guy who did that also promised me a new window sticker, which he never delivered.

Tim was still there at that time, as was Ali. Although, when I visited, I rarely saw Tim. He was great. He actually sold me (on the side) a brand new Z06 indoor car cover, worth about $350, for just about 1/2 price. As for Ali, he seemed like a good guy, but definitely overwhelmed. You couldn't send him an email, because he got so many that he didn't even have time to read them. And his voicemail was always full, so you couldn't leave him a message.

The worst was that a-hole Brian Wolf, the sales manager. He lied to my face multiple times. My original sales person had left Boardwalk, and when I asked him the status of an issue the original sales person was supposed to handle, all Wolf said was "that was assigned to so and so", meaning the departed sales guy. No matter how many times, and how many ways I tried to ask him the question, he would say the exact same thing, literally. So I asked him if the customer service issue that was being handled by a Boardwalk employee, could only be handled by that one employee, or was it a Boardwalk customer service issue that he was responsible for handling? And he said the same damn thing. Straight face and all. So I gave up hope of dealing with him. But I wanted to kick him in the *****!

As I mentioned, I foolishly purchased the clear bra protection from them as well. So, there was very tiny bubble on the hood, right in the middle of where a stinger stripe would go. Wolf acted concerned; I even showed it to him and he took a photo of it and said he'd look into it. Then the next time I saw him, I asked him the status of that issue. He literally said, with a straight face, "oh, was that something you wanted me to take care of?" He then proceeded to have Ali give me the name of the guy who installed the clear bra, and told me to deal with him directly. Excuse me, dumb-A, I bought the product form you and I expect you to provide the customer service! But he wouldn't!

And this is just the tip of the iceberg, there were other $$$ related issues. But I've already rambled on waaay too long for one post.

I really, as in REALLY hate Brian Wolf. He can kiss my red white and blue ***.

And just for the record, I'm expressing my own opinion, and stating FACTS about my experience with Boardwalk. I'm not trying to tell anyone not to buy their Vette there, since your experience with Boardwalk may vary. Good luck.
Wow! I'm utterly flabbergasted and dismayed at the experience you had! I must have really lucked out. I'm definitely going to think twice about recommending Boardwalk anymore, or if I do, I'll definitely be sure to emphasize the YMMV caveat!

Thanks for being so forthright with your unfortunate experiences!
Old 08-10-2017, 04:17 PM
the kid C6
Melting Slicks

Received 143 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by The Admiralty
Holy ****!!! They used Mobil 1 on my Z51 last fall, but then again, Tim was still there (if that had anything to do with it), and Mike (?) the service manager at the time was courteous, professional, and accessible.
Imho, the problem is that while the service manager may be great, your car gets handed off to the nameless/faceless technicians in the back. Your service is only as good as the person who actually does the work, and techs don't need to be certified to do oil changes. You could get the kid who recently transferred from Jiffy Lube.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:27 PM
The Admiralty
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

LT4_CE
Originally Posted by the kid C6
Imho, the problem is that while the service manager may be great, your car gets handed off to the nameless/faceless technicians in the back. Your service is only as good as the person who actually does the work, and techs don't need to be certified to do oil changes. You could get the kid who recently transferred from Jiffy Lube.
Very true! I guess I was fortunate in that the tech's performance happened to match the service manager's, well, service (haha) in that particular instance haha.

Still mildly terrifying in light of LT4_CE's experiences though!

Quick Reply: Bay Area Oil Change (I know, Abel :) )