Northern California Northern California

anyone in norcal building a spec corvette

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 10:09 PM
timbo79
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Racing-Fan
I am seriously considering making the leap and converting my part-time street car to a dedicated Spec vette. I basically only use it on track now for HPDE.

The only time it sees the street is to drive it to Able for service or install of fast parts.
Abel has been great. Rich has been great in assisting us in preparation and set up. We will have packages in place for purchases and installs. They will be announced after the final Regional weekend next week (28/29th)
You can't lose at Abel!
Old 11-11-2017, 04:20 PM
slamminsam
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Im building a Spec Vette for the So Cal group and i live in Norcal. It will be ready to start testing late December I hope they get he rules in Norcal out soon. I would hate to make upgrades that are not legal due to different rule sets.

About to install the spherical bearings I hope they are allowed in both North and South, would be shame to have to tear them out....would be nice to have details on rules from SCCA Norcal ASAP as Im a licensed racer in SCCA already was just going to add the car to T1 and run with all big boys in Group 3 locally when not running in So Cal events.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:51 PM
chetly
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by slamminsam
Hey Im building a Spec Vette for the So Cal group and i live in Norcal. It will be ready to start testing late December I hope they get he rules in Norcal out soon. I would hate to make upgrades that are not legal due to different rule sets.

About to install the spherical bearings I hope they are allowed in both North and South, would be shame to have to tear them out....would be nice to have details on rules from SCCA Norcal ASAP as Im a licensed racer in SCCA already was just going to add the car to T1 and run with all big boys in Group 3 locally when not running in So Cal events.
If you build the car to SoCal specs then the car won't be legal for the NorCal specs. Like others have mentioned, having 2 classes come out that are similar but different parts list is really missing the boat. I think a lot more people would be willing to build a car if they could run in more than one series.

NASA vs SCCA, who's going to win?

Quick Reply: anyone in norcal building a spec corvette