Northern California Northern California

Service Recommendations

Old 11-22-2017, 01:02 PM
DWillys
Burning Brakes

Received 245 Likes on 174 Posts
Default Service Recommendations

I'm in the market for a C7 (new) and may be buying one this Friday. I'm concerned about service though. Is there a good, competent dealer service shop near San Jose?

I've read that Abel is good, but they're in Rio Vista which is nearly 2 hours away. If I have to leave it, transportation from Rio Vista is nearly impossible.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:54 PM
LeManscoupe05
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts

Abel Chevrolet is where I take my Corvettes. If I know I am going to leave it there, i have them make a car available for me to drive and usually go back on Saturday to exchange cars.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:18 PM
TCorzett
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts

Abel Chevrolet. Bought my Grand Sport from them earlier this year and their service was one of the driving reasons for it. In the past Abel has provided a loaner car (I was getting a transmission replaced in my other car) and has offered to drive me home (~40 miles) with other service... so would be worth having a talk with them.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:53 PM
Sunnyvale Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 152 Likes on 122 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16,'19

Originally Posted by DWillys
I'm in the market for a C7 (new) and may be buying one this Friday. I'm concerned about service though. Is there a good, competent dealer service shop near San Jose?

I've read that Abel is good, but they're in Rio Vista which is nearly 2 hours away. If I have to leave it, transportation from Rio Vista is nearly impossible.
No. There is not a good, competent dealer service shop near San Jose. Somebody may have a good experience at one of the dealerships, but they can't consistently do the job right.
Old 11-23-2017, 09:08 AM
Nokones
Drifting

Received 231 Likes on 158 Posts

I drive from Plumas Lake to Rio Vista for service on my Corvettes. I definitely wouldn't take a shopping cart to Wheeler Chevrolet in Yuba City or Gold Rush Chevrolet in Auburn, which is only 6 miles and 35.5 miles respectively, for me and if Abel wasn't is good as they are I would be going to Roseville which is only 26 miles for me.

Abel is 79.4 miles from Plumas Lake and it is well worth the drive and time for me to take my Corvettes and Diesel Truck to Abel in Rio Vista because I will only accept excellent care for my cars and truck. You'll be glad in the long run that you did invested the time and energy to have Abel service your car.

I've had my 93 Ruby, 03 ZO6, and my 04 Dually Diesel serviced and repaired Abel. Next will be my 13 Grand Sport just for routine service. Why just for an oil change, because I trust them that it will get done right and with care.

Everybody is real friendly and make you feel wanted.

Last edited by Nokones; 11-23-2017 at 09:09 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Nokones:
LeManscoupe05 (11-23-2017), RichieRichZ06 (11-27-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To Service Recommendations

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Service Recommendations