Northern California Northern California

Sacramento drag racing December 31 Jan 1

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2017, 08:52 PM
427V8BB
Pro

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Sacramento drag racing December 31 Jan 1

Hey guys come out to Sacramento drag strip December 31 Sunday and January 1 Monday gonna be lots of people and lots of fun and I would like to meet fellow corvette owners there I’ll be in the red HCI c6 z06

heres the link
http://sacramentoraceway.com/drag-ra...racing-series/

come!! I don’t want to be the only vette we can also win money!
Old 12-28-2017, 03:31 PM
John A. Marker
Le Mans Master

Received 165 Likes on 146 Posts

I might head up there on Sunday just to see what this car can do.

Here is a picture of the car....black with silver GS stripes on both fenders and JAKE on back window..

Last edited by John A. Marker; 12-29-2017 at 08:14 PM.
The following users liked this post:
427V8BB (12-29-2017)
Old 12-29-2017, 12:44 PM
427V8BB
Pro

Originally Posted by John A. Marker
I might head up there on Sunday just to see what this car can do.
Yeah come down I’m heading there Sunday for sure for test and tune idk about Monday I doubt I would get many runs in. See you there chrisAnyone else going? Cool to see allot of vettes there
Old 12-30-2017, 05:30 PM
427V8BB
Pro

Originally Posted by 427V8BB
Yeah come down I’m heading there Sunday for sure for test and tune idk about Monday I doubt I would get many runs in. See you there chrisAnyone else going? Cool to see allot of vettes there
Bump
Old 01-02-2018, 11:38 AM
John A. Marker
Le Mans Master

I was disappointed since I only got in two runs. 2-3 cars oiled the track. The first was only the 3rd car on the track and it took an hour to clean up. Track was open from noon to 4:00. I got my first run at 2:00 and the second at 3:55.

I have been there before on a Saturday and only had 2 runs. Then on a Friday night and had 9 runs and could have had more.

Last edited by John A. Marker; 01-02-2018 at 11:46 AM.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:56 PM
Keith Richards
Drifting

Received 612 Likes on 361 Posts

FWIW the Sacramento NYD drags is something you want to stay away from if you think you will get a lot of passes in, I rarely go as it is usually a zoo, lol Most racers use it for what it is, sneak away from the house after 2 long weekends with family,ect.and see what new cars come out.
This weekend I will be at Sonoma's opener and be getting the Challenger re-certed, it will be pretty crowded as well if the weather hold.

Old 01-02-2018, 09:59 PM
427V8BB
Pro

I was disappointed since I only got in two runs. 2-3 cars oiled the track. The first was only the 3rd car on the track and it took an hour to clean up. Track was open from noon to 4:00. I got my first run at 2:00 and the second at 3:55.

I have been there before on a Saturday and only had 2 runs. Then on a Friday night and had 9 runs and could have had more.
I was in the red c6 z06 with the 427 on the hood, got two runs. Missed 3rd first run and clutch couldn’t hold up with the new setup on the second so I let out after I saw it slipping and smoking bad. 14 and 19 second passes lmao
Old 01-02-2018, 11:19 PM
John A. Marker
Le Mans Master

Finally got up to run. To tell you the truth, even though I have done this before and even at this track....I was nervous. I still remember a yellow Corvette hitting the K-rail when we were up racing at Corvette Magic a few years back running my 85. The advice I was given was to drop tire pressure (based on track prep) to 20 and turn traction control off. I was running street tires (run flats). I was nervous so I only dropped the rear tires to 26 and left the traction control ON. Because I was in the same lane that the one car sprayed the track with oil I was even more apprehensive. I was scared to really get on it and lose control. So the first run I don't think I had my foot all the way to the floor. I barely got into the 12's with a 12.927 @ 112.81 MPH, but that was okay. I was impressed that the car handled well no issue with control or the back end being loose. On the second run I felt more comfortable and turned traction control OFF, dropped the rear tires to 24 and felt more relaxed to push the car. Much better that time with a 12.88 thru the quarter and I crossed the line doing 112.71 MPH. The second run was at 3:55 just before they shut down for the day. I think that given a couple more runs, I could have got the time down farther. The great thing is I didn't break anything or myself. So it was a good day.

I saw your car, but you were out of the car somewhere. There were about 5-6 Corvettes there. There was a black Grand Sport several cars in front of me (several behind you) with cam, intake headers and other things. He had drag radials but not TPS in the wheels. He fell on his face with the first run. The computer thought the tires were flat and kept shutting the car off or de-tunining. He pulled the TPS fuse from the fuse block and did better the second run.

Last edited by John A. Marker; 01-02-2018 at 11:22 PM.
The following users liked this post:
427V8BB (01-07-2018)
Old 01-07-2018, 01:45 PM
427V8BB
Pro

Finally got up to run. To tell you the truth, even though I have done this before and even at this track....I was nervous. I still remember a yellow Corvette hitting the K-rail when we were up racing at Corvette Magic a few years back running my 85. The advice I was given was to drop tire pressure (based on track prep) to 20 and turn traction control off. I was running street tires (run flats). I was nervous so I only dropped the rear tires to 26 and left the traction control ON. Because I was in the same lane that the one car sprayed the track with oil I was even more apprehensive. I was scared to really get on it and lose control. So the first run I don't think I had my foot all the way to the floor. I barely got into the 12's with a 12.927 @ 112.81 MPH, but that was okay. I was impressed that the car handled well no issue with control or the back end being loose. On the second run I felt more comfortable and turned traction control OFF, dropped the rear tires to 24 and felt more relaxed to push the car. Much better that time with a 12.88 thru the quarter and I crossed the line doing 112.71 MPH. The second run was at 3:55 just before they shut down for the day. I think that given a couple more runs, I could have got the time down farther. The great thing is I didn't break anything or myself. So it was a good day.

I saw your car, but you were out of the car somewhere. There were about 5-6 Corvettes there. There was a black Grand Sport several cars in front of me (several behind you) with cam, intake headers and other things. He had drag radials but not TPS in the wheels. He fell on his face with the first run. The computer thought the tires were flat and kept shutting the car off or de-tunining. He pulled the TPS fuse from the fuse block and did better the second run.
I think I said hi to you guys, you were with your wife right? Always curious if corvette drivers are on the forums or they just drive their car. I’m switching jobs as of right now so racing has to hold off. But I’ll be coming back with a new clutch! I think I’m going to Sanoma this time and race against the police officers. Also closer to where I live, but hope to see you guys out there again. And yeah that boosted grandsport hand like 760whp bad ***!
Old 01-09-2018, 10:46 AM
rw99
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

That's some fine MOPAR right there

Originally Posted by Keith Richards
FWIW the Sacramento NYD drags is something you want to stay away from if you think you will get a lot of passes in, I rarely go as it is usually a zoo, lol Most racers use it for what it is, sneak away from the house after 2 long weekends with family,ect.and see what new cars come out.
This weekend I will be at Sonoma's opener and be getting the Challenger re-certed, it will be pretty crowded as well if the weather hold.

Get notified of new replies

To Sacramento drag racing December 31 Jan 1

Quick Reply: Sacramento drag racing December 31 Jan 1