Northern California Northern California

Wed. Night Drags starts 3/14! Sonoma

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2018, 10:30 PM
Keith Richards
Drifting

Received 612 Likes on 361 Posts

Default Wed. Night Drags starts 3/14! Sonoma

I am looking forward to running more Wednesday nights this year with both the big car & Vette for the next few weeks I will be in the Vette for sure as the new hauler is still on it's way here. I most likely will be over in the Jackpot lanes, anyhow thought I would post up some comments from Kyle the new track manager who took over for his mom Georgia Seipel.

"Attn Wednesday Night Drag Racers at Sonoma Raceway:

The season will start March 14. For the 2018 season Universal Technical Institute will be the title rights sponsor.

Gates will open at 3.30pm each week, with time runs starting at 4.00pm and ending at 7.00pm. First round will start at 7.00pm. We are going with a later start time of first round to allow for more track time for racers along with giving extra time for racers to arrive at the track to compete.

Top the Cops High School program will once again return in 2018 on April 11, allowing our high school racers to race against local law enforcement agencies each week.

Once a month we will are having a discount for various car types and groups. On March 28 anyone racing with a Camaro with receive a $10 discount at the front gate on racing that evening.

Lastly, for racers who want to purchase a Wednesday Night "Season Pass" we will be selling them for $400. This will allow you race every Wednesday we have. Please contact Vicki Glenn at Sonoma Raceway to purchase, 707.933.3908.

Looking forward to a great Wednesday Night program in 2018."
Old 03-09-2018, 10:43 PM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

Wow. A season pass. That’s a great idea. I see the track more packed now with a pass.

I’ll come hang out.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:13 PM
billet racing
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And it looks like rain will wipe out the opener. The vette is dangerous to drive in the rain, and I would not even attempt with the drag radials trying to get to the track.

Jerry
Old 03-13-2018, 02:34 PM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

We'll give it a try next week.
Old 03-14-2018, 03:05 PM
Keith Richards
Drifting

Received 612 Likes on 361 Posts

Next week looks like more of the same per my 10 day forecast.....oh well, soon ;-)
Old 04-30-2018, 02:36 PM
Rocket-J
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I have made it to a few Wed Night Drags with my new to me toy. I now have about ten runs on it and I am within a few tenths of my goal. Never know quite what to expect on the first launch. Slowly dialing in the motor and chassis. Two rain outs and a track closure with Kens passing. It's a 5 hour round trip for me with a trailer from Gilroy. Right now my cost is over $20 a run. Hope that gets better soon. Last week there was some problem. I run Comp Rod. When I was motioned up to pre-stage for my third run, the line manager came over and ask how fast I run. Maybe thought I was in the wrong class? I said last week I ran 11.3 but this run I hope to get into the 10's. He said okay and sent me to the water box. I ran an 11.06 and was DQ'd for breaking out. I had no idea it was an elimination round. When I asked about it they said it was announced on the speakers.
I said no more. My old ears don't stand a chance in that environment. We had no bracket numbers and I told him my plan for the 10's. He chose last weeks numbers. My ultimate fault, but a big waste of time and money.
I have retired my Grand Sport from Drag Racing and this Vega fills the need now.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:34 PM
Boat Racer
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocket-J
Well I have made it to a few Wed Night Drags with my new to me toy. I now have about ten runs on it and I am within a few tenths of my goal. Never know quite what to expect on the first launch. Slowly dialing in the motor and chassis. Two rain outs and a track closure with Kens passing. It's a 5 hour round trip for me with a trailer from Gilroy. Right now my cost is over $20 a run. Hope that gets better soon. Last week there was some problem. I run Comp Rod. When I was motioned up to pre-stage for my third run, the line manager came over and ask how fast I run. Maybe thought I was in the wrong class? I said last week I ran 11.3 but this run I hope to get into the 10's. He said okay and sent me to the water box. I ran an 11.06 and was DQ'd for breaking out. I had no idea it was an elimination round. When I asked about it they said it was announced on the speakers.
I said no more. My old ears don't stand a chance in that environment. We had no bracket numbers and I told him my plan for the 10's. He chose last weeks numbers. My ultimate fault, but a big waste of time and money.
I have retired my Grand Sport from Drag Racing and this Vega fills the need now.
Great picture of the launch on the Vega Al.

Get notified of new replies

To Wed. Night Drags starts 3/14! Sonoma

Quick Reply: Wed. Night Drags starts 3/14! Sonoma