Northern California Northern California

Yearly CA registration cost for 2016 + Z06?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 01:49 AM
mammoth713
Melting Slicks

Received 554 Likes on 277 Posts

Default Yearly CA registration cost for 2016 + Z06?

yearly CA registration cost for 2016 + z06?

anyone mind PMing me how much it costs you?

Thanks
Old 05-09-2018, 05:12 AM
mcoomer
Burning Brakes

Received 211 Likes on 154 Posts

Hopefully it's cheaper than the Seattle area. $898 this year for my '17. I'm helping pay for a mass transit system they're building up here. What do I get for my contribution? Light rail will reach the community next to mine in 2040 and our own city loses one of its two bus lines, but gains a park and ride lot. Do I feel like I'm getting screwed? Yeah, and I didn't even get flowers, drinks, or dinner!
Old 05-09-2018, 05:56 AM
The Rock1
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 64 Posts

Holy Commiefornia! I just renewed my license and registration on 3 vehicles (2002 Cadillac STS *daily beater*, 2017 Acura MDX, 2016 Z06) and it was 258 dollars.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:17 AM
ASTROCREEP
Drifting

Received 343 Likes on 122 Posts

CA DMV has a calculator for vehicle purchase and renewal.

Link
Old 05-09-2018, 09:30 AM
laserdude2215
Burning Brakes

Received 389 Likes on 273 Posts

$771
Old 05-09-2018, 09:52 AM
JJLAI724
Pro

Received 146 Likes on 99 Posts

It's about 1.1% for the purchase price of the car. It will drop down every year as the car depreciates. But for a fairly new Z06 in the $70K range, expect to pay close to $800.
Old 05-09-2018, 03:21 PM
stoessjc
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by JJLAI724
It's about 1.1% for the purchase price of the car. It will drop down every year as the car depreciates. But for a fairly new Z06 in the $70K range, expect to pay close to $800.
Don't forget those increases that seem to come more and more frequently. Even as your car ages, registration fees will likely go up. My 97 SHO almost doubled for 2018 registration. No looking forward to when I get renewal for my 2017 Z06.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:02 PM
jaden61
Melting Slicks

Received 335 Likes on 243 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist

On my 3rd year, think i paid $781
Old 05-09-2018, 06:41 PM
Mike Jesse
Burning Brakes

Received 257 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by mcoomer
Hopefully it's cheaper than the Seattle area. $898 this year for my '17. I'm helping pay for a mass transit system they're building up here. What do I get for my contribution? Light rail will reach the community next to mine in 2040 and our own city loses one of its two bus lines, but gains a park and ride lot. Do I feel like I'm getting screwed? Yeah, and I didn't even get flowers, drinks, or dinner!

Just checked the renewal for my 17 Z06................$63.50.

Kitsap Co.

I know 2 people now that have moved from the King Co. area because this boondoogle was the last straw.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:10 PM
mcoomer
Burning Brakes

Received 211 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Jesse
Just checked the renewal for my 17 Z06................$63.50.

Kitsap Co.

I know 2 people now that have moved from the King Co. area because this boondoogle was the last straw.
Yeah, King County is on a roll right now. Has been for a couple years. My property tax went up about 18% this year. I truly don't mind paying taxes, if I feel like I'm getting value for it. Nope, no chance. Not here.

Sorry for the hijack OP.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:01 PM
Deicide
Burning Brakes

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

This is for a 2017 Z06. $258 Registration Fee + $466 License Fee + $11 county district fee + $20 smog abatement. Registration was due in April.
Old 05-10-2018, 10:44 AM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Oregon has a 4 year tag on a new car with title fees for less than 300.00
Used are 2 year tags. No other taxes! Best place in the nation to own a car bar none!
Old 05-10-2018, 12:43 PM
laserdude2215
Burning Brakes

Received 389 Likes on 273 Posts

Why did this thread get moved? And to northern California at that!
Old 05-10-2018, 04:04 PM
Erik Zinn
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by mcoomer
King County...paving the way for the new state name, "California Norther" after Oregon changes their name to "California North". I would say that number is beyond the pale, but it isn't - that is par for the course in California.

I used to think Idaho was untouchable by spread of the California fiscal policy cancer, until I saw what happened to Boise and Coeur d'Alene. I was hoping that Washington, Oregon and Idaho would all look at California as an object lesson regarding fiscal insanity, but they appear to be about 10 to 15 years behind us and and following our footsteps.

We also get hammered at the pump in California - we pay a 47 cent state excise tax (on top of the Federal tax) plus a 2 cent state storage tank fee. But wait! There is more! We then pay a 2.25% sales tax for the fuel. As more hybrids and electrical cars are purchased, our fuel taxes will most likely continue to be jacked up to create the same gross receipts (or more) to accommodate the lower volumes of fuel being used. Hey, somebody has to pay for Governor Moonbeams Bullet Train ($98 Billion and counting with a pending Federal audit for the budget).

My soon-to-be new state of residency, Montana, charges $25.00 for annual registration on cars and trucks that are 11 years or older and weigh one or less. Or, if you plan on holding on to the vehicle for more than three years, you can renew that same car (>11 years, <1 ton) for the life of the vehicle for about $85.00. Nice.
Old 05-11-2018, 12:29 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Erik Zinn
King County...paving the way for the new state name, "California Norther" after Oregon changes their name to "California North". I would say that number is beyond the pale, but it isn't - that is par for the course in California.

I used to think Idaho was untouchable by spread of the California fiscal policy cancer, until I saw what happened to Boise and Coeur d'Alene. I was hoping that Washington, Oregon and Idaho would all look at California as an object lesson regarding fiscal insanity, but they appear to be about 10 to 15 years behind us and and following our footsteps.

We also get hammered at the pump in California - we pay a 47 cent state excise tax (on top of the Federal tax) plus a 2 cent state storage tank fee. But wait! There is more! We then pay a 2.25% sales tax for the fuel. As more hybrids and electrical cars are purchased, our fuel taxes will most likely continue to be jacked up to create the same gross receipts (or more) to accommodate the lower volumes of fuel being used. Hey, somebody has to pay for Governor Moonbeams Bullet Train ($98 Billion and counting with a pending Federal audit for the budget).

My soon-to-be new state of residency, Montana, charges $25.00 for annual registration on cars and trucks that are 11 years or older and weigh one or less. Or, if you plan on holding on to the vehicle for more than three years, you can renew that same car (>11 years, <1 ton) for the life of the vehicle for about $85.00. Nice.
Lots of former Californians moving to Idaho.
Don't know about Montana.
Wyoming might be a better choice
Old 05-11-2018, 01:59 PM
Erik Zinn
Advanced

Originally Posted by LS WON
Lots of former Californians moving to Idaho.
Don't know about Montana.
Wyoming might be a better choice
Depends on what you like to do with your spare time. I love upland game bird and waterfowl hunting, as well as big game hunting, so Montana fits the bill better for me. Either way will buy you some time to get away from the crazy fiscal cancer that a California exodus brings. I do recognize, however, that even Montana and Wyoming are very slowly falling prey to the exodus. I also acknowledge that by emigrating to Montana I am probably part of the problem, but I am pledging to try and blend in as best I can after the move. I am just hoping that I can live out my life in central Montana and achieve some serenity while avoiding what I am currently fleeing.

Who knows, maybe I will eventually end up in Alaska.
Old 05-15-2018, 11:31 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Depends on what you like to do with your spare time. I love upland game bird and waterfowl hunting, as well as big game hunting, so Montana fits the bill better for me. Either way will buy you some time to get away from the crazy fiscal cancer that a California exodus brings. I do recognize, however, that even Montana and Wyoming are very slowly falling prey to the exodus. I also acknowledge that by emigrating to Montana I am probably part of the problem, but I am pledging to try and blend in as best I can after the move. I am just hoping that I can live out my life in central Montana and achieve some serenity while avoiding what I am currently fleeing.

Who knows, maybe I will eventually end up in Alaska.
Wyoming is the most rural state only second to Alaska. Wyoming has half the population of Montana. Most people can't take the weather of Wyoming.
At this point anything is better than here. Too many fish (overpopulation) in the tank is drying up all resources here.

Get notified of new replies

To Yearly CA registration cost for 2016 + Z06?

Old 05-15-2018, 11:42 AM
Erik Zinn
Advanced

Originally Posted by LS WON
Wyoming is the most rural state only second to Alaska. Wyoming has half the population of Montana. Most people can't take the weather of Wyoming.
At this point anything is better than here. Too many fish (overpopulation) in the tank is drying up all resources here.
You nailed it, at least for my perspective. I would have chosen Wyoming for the reason you stipulated, but the pheasant and waterfowl hunting isn't very good there, at least compared to central and eastern Montana. Otherwise I would be moving to Pinedale, at the base of the Wind River Range.

Keep it on the QT though - there is already a small exodus of Californians to the towns that ring Yellowstone in Idaho, Wyoming and Montana. I just tell everyone here in California that it is exactly what they think - "flyover country". Horribly cold, terrible restaurants, no culture.
The following users liked this post:
LS WON (05-16-2018)
Old 05-16-2018, 07:07 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

You nailed it, at least for my perspective. I would have chosen Wyoming for the reason you stipulated, but the pheasant and waterfowl hunting isn't very good there, at least compared to central and eastern Montana. Otherwise I would be moving to Pinedale, at the base of the Wind River Range.

Keep it on the QT though - there is already a small exodus of Californians to the towns that ring Yellowstone in Idaho, Wyoming and Montana. I just tell everyone here in California that it is exactly what they think - "flyover country". Horribly cold, terrible restaurants, no culture.
You got it. We are on the same page here.
Old 05-18-2018, 10:10 AM
kimmer
Le Mans Master

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
C4 of the Year Finalist

Just got the registration for my 92, its up to $164 thanks to Moonbeam's increases. I have 6 other cars so this is costing me a bundle.

Last edited by kimmer; 05-18-2018 at 10:11 AM.

Quick Reply: Yearly CA registration cost for 2016 + Z06?