Northern California Northern California

Best Corvette Shop in South Bay / Silicon Valley?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 07:52 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunnyvale Dave
It seems like with other dealerships and independent shops, some people have had a good experience, some people have had a bad experience and some people say it was OK.

I used to take my car to Courtesy/Momentum. They did solve some problems that were driving me nuts. My concern is that they kept trying to upsell me on services I don't believe my car needed. I was concerned that eventually my car would really need the service they recommended, and I wouldn't have it done because I didn't trust them.

My other complaint is that the service department was not good at answering or returning phone calls. When I have my car in for service, I would like to know what is going on so I can plan my day.

I heard Momentum hired a new general manager and a new service manager. I don't know if the new managers have made any changes.
Is Courtesy Chev. still in business? I remember back in 2005 when I was down there viewing the first prototype of the 2005 Corvette.
Courtesy Chev had the largest stock of Corvettes back then.

I have run into alot of shops with other cars I have owned, (TOO MANY TIMES dealerships included) they always tell you this and that of what is wrong with your car when in fact they are just trying to make more sales and $$$ off the consumer.

As far as the dealerships, go I don't like their methods of going through a service rep who writes up your car, tells you to drop it off and leave it for the day for them to just find the problem as he is rushing you to write you up to get rid of the next customer in line behind you.
The car sits there all day for them to find the problem.

That ties you up and most of my experiences on top of that is they didn't fix the problem and created another problem only for you to have to go back to them again to get the same treatment and gamble that they did fix the problem right THIS TIME or the new problems THEY CREATED.

All of the above applies if you go to service department for routine service maintenance. We can only hope they do the job and service CORRECTLY.

Then when they do call you at a later time to pick up car they make you pay the cashier and leave.

They do not go over what as wrong or show you the work they did.
You literally have to demand that. Also they do not show you the parts they replaced and again as previously mentioned show you exactly the part they put in. Lots of times when you do request to see the parts they have replaced (as some invoices have that box to check off) They forget to show you the part and you HAVE to remind them about that box you checked to see replaced parts.

I prefer direct communication with the mechanic who worked on my cars because then usually there are no misunderstandings or communication problems like using that customer rep method and never communicating with the actual technician who hopefully knows what he is doing.

That service rep who greets you early in the morning when they take cars in doesn't know anything he just writes it all down and takes the next customer in line.
If you are lucky customer rep might ask the mechanic himself and tell you but remember this is after you ask about what is the problem and what is the solution to the problem. Customer rep is the go between person.

The ones I have dealt with are so impersonal and don't know nothing other than to write down model of car, mileage, date etc.
on service invoice.

(all of the above has been MY own personal experiences)

That's why I highly recommend ABEL.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:34 AM
DWillys
Burning Brakes

Received 245 Likes on 174 Posts

I think Courtesy was sold/renamed to Momentum.
The following users liked this post:
LS WON (06-14-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 06:18 PM
Sunnyvale Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 152 Likes on 122 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16,'19

Originally Posted by DWillys
I think Courtesy was sold/renamed to Momentum.
As I remember it, the dealership was originally Courtesy. John Anderson, who owned three other Chevy dealerships in the area, bought it but kept the name as Courtesy. He sold the dealership to an automotive group whose first move was to close the Corvette Cafe. That automotive group didn't keep the place very long before selling to Momentum. Momentum changed the name from Courtesy to Momentum.
LS WON (06-14-2018)
Old 06-14-2018, 12:41 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Sunnyvale Dave
As I remember it, the dealership was originally Courtesy. John Anderson, who owned three other Chevy dealerships in the area, bought it but kept the name as Courtesy. He sold the dealership to an automotive group whose first move was to close the Corvette Cafe. That automotive group didn't keep the place very long before selling to Momentum. Momentum changed the name from Courtesy to Momentum.

I do remember the cafe at Courtesy.
I do remember there were 3? Anderson Chev. dealerships back in 2005. Los Gatos, Sunnyvale and another peninsula city San Jose?...Can't remember as that was 13 years ago.

I haven't been down there since. Is Momentum a dealerships with lots of Corvettes on the lot? Worth the drive?
Old 06-14-2018, 08:21 PM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Actually the cafe had decent food.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:23 PM
yogiboobuck
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06
If you're using the online appt scheduler on the website, it defaults to that long. GM doesn't have a way to check the schedule before allowing a customer to book an appt and they were severely over booking us. Unfortunately the only way to keep them from booking appts on top of each other was to default it to that far out.

I would recommend calling one of our service advisers or emailing me directly to schedule. We're typically about 5-7 business days out for most work and up to a couple weeks for more involved jobs.

RICH
Good to know, website shows next available July 24th.
I only need a Z06 oil change
LS WON (06-14-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 12:45 AM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by moose.b3
It's over a 2 hour drive for me to Abel, but my Z is there right now for head replacement and a few other goodies.

What year your Z? Had my head replace at Abel too.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:46 AM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by DWillys
Sadly, not a figure of speech. It was an actual rubber band. I guess they figured no one would know...
What Jerks.
Old 06-15-2018, 01:01 AM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Hour drive to Abel for me, when I went on June 12, I was lucky and hit no traffic, left at 7:30 am.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:19 AM
moose.b3
Drifting

Received 169 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul 68
What year your Z? Had my head replace at Abel too.
It's an 08 and I am now on my 3rd set of heads. This time we used AHP heads with ms90 guides, so I should be good to go. Top notch service at Abel every time.
Old 06-16-2018, 01:26 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Paul 68
Hour drive to Abel for me, when I went on June 12, I was lucky and hit no traffic, left at 7:30 am.
It is worth the drive.
Trust, Honesty, competent Corvette Techs. and great customer service are #1 here at ABEL.
Old 06-19-2018, 04:03 PM
DWillys
Burning Brakes

Received 245 Likes on 174 Posts

I was at Abel this AM. They did the 1st oil change, MRC upgrade, and installed a skip shift. It was uneventful - just what you want. Things done right with no drama.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:48 AM
Grand Slam
Drifting

Received 560 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by Ratboy
I went to Northstar in Mtn View and am happy with the work done, as well as the price. I do all of my own work, but can't do tires or alignment. Had him do the trans and diff fluid change while it was on the lift. Saved me a Saturday morning on my back.
I've taken my car to North Star for years. Dave Bonar and staff know their stuff.

I had my first two oil changes done at Momentum. The first time they underfilled it so the second time I told them exactly what I expected and personally checked the level afterward. They did it correctly.

Last edited by Grand Slam; 06-20-2018 at 11:51 AM.
bbison (06-26-2018)
Old 06-25-2018, 10:17 AM
97C5driver
Melting Slicks

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Yes Abel is the ONLY way to go. Especially if you want things done right. Everyone goes there for a reason.

I would never go anythwere else, especially boardwalk or Dublin Chevrolet (99% morons)

Quick Reply: Best Corvette Shop in South Bay / Silicon Valley?