Northern California Northern California

Body Shop Recommendations from SF down to San Jose

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 08:40 PM
Parcival
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 296 Posts
Default Body Shop Recommendations from SF down to San Jose

Anybody here got a go-to Body Shop that does good work and won't take me for a huge "ride."

Dummy me got into a minor fender bender with new '17 Z racing yellow- cracked side fender reflector and paint cracks and chips on one side (pic). I'm mad at myself but I consider myself lucky to have avoided a worse side rear collision.

Silicon Valley around Redwood City and Menlo Park is best but I'll travel further.

Thanks to everyone who replies.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:35 AM
Redneck Slim
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I always use Cavallino on West Bayshore Road in Palo Alto (technically,East Palo Alto). Yeaman's on the other side of the freeway is also excellent.
Old 09-17-2018, 11:33 AM
DWillys
Burning Brakes

Received 245 Likes on 174 Posts

My wife's Lexus RC350 was hit 3 months after she bought it (couple years ago now). Damaged the door, the rear bumper, and shredded the rear quarter panel. If it wasn't brand new they likely would have totaled it. These guys fixed it and you still can't tell which side of the car was repaired. Car Care Auto Body and Refinishing
Old 09-17-2018, 06:29 PM
Parcival
Drifting

Appreciate it guys!

Didn't mean to waste anyone's time- definitely will keep in mind... But just learned that my insurance company's preferred body shop in my area (redwood city ) is Avenue. They have good reviews on Yelp and Google, so I'll prob go there just to make it easier.

Cavalino's and Yeaman's weren't on Ameriprise's list. And Car Care in Campbell is a little far for me.

EDIT: Anybody want to venture a guess as to how much this repair will cost/has been quoted?

Last edited by Parcival; 09-18-2018 at 06:30 PM.
Old 09-19-2018, 11:19 AM
lt1z
Melting Slicks

Received 170 Likes on 143 Posts

Eurodesign in San Bruno
Old 09-19-2018, 11:49 AM
the kid C6
Melting Slicks

Received 143 Likes on 128 Posts

When a tow truck rolled into my parked car, I took my C6 to Automotive Enterprise in San Carlos. Very happy.
Old 09-23-2018, 11:00 AM
Parcival
Drifting

Thanks for additional suggestions. Hope this post helped others too.

San Carlos is particularly convenient but that one is not on my insurers preferred list. Avenue is also in San Carlos. It also has good reviews, so I have an appointment on Monday as the parts just came in. I’ll report back on the experience but so far easy to deal with, no red flags, as it should be.

Quoted $3600 for what you see in the pic. My first accident. I guess getting the front as single piece with emblem, plus the side fender and flare, plus the paint blend, adds up.

Last edited by Parcival; 09-23-2018 at 11:03 AM.
Old 09-28-2018, 02:57 PM
Zed_six
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Your car, your shop, your choice.
X2 for Bob senior, at Automotive Enterprise. He specializes in Corvettes.
Old 10-05-2018, 05:34 PM
Parcival
Drifting

Car is back from repairs. Took about 9 days to fix the damage I posted but i'm satisfied with the work, especially on the color match. Oddly, I noticed they even re-did my hood stinger wrap without asking (there was nothing else amiss or else that would be weird!).

They had to order a new headlight lens and assembly, which made it take longer. It was fine with me since I was only paying the 5x$ deductible regardless.

I would recommend them, Avenue Auto Repair on Industrial Road in San Carlos. Pretty big professional looking garage space. Although i see other autobody shops nearby that seem to specialize in Vettes, Avenue was handling high-end cars like a newish Maserati Ghibli and a new BMW M5. I also noticed they specialize in body work and referred out simple engine work nearby, even oil changes. Also nice guys to deal with; I worked with Doug, who seemed to be in charge. He was pretty responsive and updated me after 2 days that they couldn't buff out the headlight.

Last edited by Parcival; 10-05-2018 at 05:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Sunnyvale Dave (10-05-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Body Shop Recommendations from SF down to San Jose

Quick Reply: Body Shop Recommendations from SF down to San Jose