Old 10-10-2011, 01:17 PM
Pigface1
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08

Old 10-10-2011, 01:18 PM
smearig
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Pigface1 View Post
He took over K State and they were legitimately the worst team in the country. He's unbelievable and doesn't get much credit from the casual fan. I said before the season started that @K State is the one I'm concerned about.

And I have to go to a F***ING wedding on that game. "We made sure we scheduled it on an away game so people could go." If they weren't good friends, I'd send them a candlestick and be done with it.
Justin.tv on the phone during the ceremony then straight to a sports bar instead of the reception.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:22 PM
Pigface1
CF Senior Member

They said the reception is at a clubhouse. I'm hoping they move the ceremony around the game. lol
Old 10-10-2011, 01:29 PM
smearig
CF Senior Member

Oh wow.

Old 10-10-2011, 01:34 PM
VITIS
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '15-'16,'18

He took over K State and they were legitimately the worst team in the country. He's unbelievable and doesn't get much credit from the casual fan. I said before the season started that @K State is the one I'm concerned about.

And I have to go to a F***ING wedding on that game. "We made sure we scheduled it on an away game so people could go." If they weren't good friends, I'd send them a candlestick and be done with it.
Good friends would forgive. Send the candlestick.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:21 PM
Entropy
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Some friends and I are considering a run down to Manhattan for the ISU/K State game to tailgate. I'm sure we'll be going down to watch a beat down now.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:21 PM
Entropy
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by smearig View Post
Oh wow.

Holy hell.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Pigface1
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by VITIS View Post
Good friends would forgive. Send the candlestick.
You have a point. I'm waiting to see the time of the kickoff before I really go nuts.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:30 PM
smearig
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
Holy hell.
Those look like the kind of bandwagon fans that live in the burbs outside of Austin. And by that I clearly mean Houston, home of the fatty.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:16 PM
nate99
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by smearig View Post
Those look like the kind of bandwagon fans that live in the burbs outside of Austin. And by that I clearly mean Houston, home of the fatty.
"Keep Norman Dumb" would be lost on the folks from Cy-Fair to which you refer. That, my friend, is Round Rock's trash.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:20 PM
TexBlade
CF Senior Member

Piggy, OU played a great game!! Sorry the UT Freshmen did not produce....next year! OU almost has the total package...almost!! I want to see OU kick some SEC A$$, but I think if LSU brings the same Defensive attack that UT did shutting down OU run game, I think LSU's DB's can match OU's WR's and apply pressure on Jones at the same time. If you take away Whaley's 64 yards, OU only had 22 yards rushing. I think ALL Big12 teams need to ask "why has the SEC won the last five BCS NCG's?" and be ready, or the SEC will make it number six! Good Luck OU/Big12!!!
Old 10-10-2011, 03:26 PM
Pigface1
CF Senior Member

If people want to sell out to stop the run, that's fine. That's partly why Landry had 300 yards passing in the first half. lol

Nobody has the CBs to cover Broyles, Stills, and Franks man to man. Broyles and Stills are first round picks and Franks may end up being so. Not having our center hurts the run game, they call all the protection, etc.

LSU would have a really hard time scoring on OU's defense. LSU won by 7 points last time they played for the title in New Orleans. I'm more concerned about going to K State and Stillwater right now.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:31 PM
nate99
CF Senior Member

If people want to sell out to stop the run, that's fine. That's partly why Landry had 300 yards passing in the first half. lol

Nobody has the CBs to cover Broyles, Stills, and Franks man to man. Broyles and Stills are first round picks and Franks may end up being so.
We (A&M) are going to get torched in Norman. Our pass D is craptacular. Someone is always open over the middle, and they can not force INT's at all.

I may have to go fishing while that game is on.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Pigface1
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by nate99 View Post
We (A&M) are going to get torched in Norman. Our pass D is craptacular. Someone is always open over the middle, and they can not force INT's at all.

I may have to go fishing while that game is on.
lol Man, you guys are really struggling. They're calling for Sherman's head. lol
Old 10-10-2011, 03:41 PM
nate99
CF Senior Member

lol Man, you guys are really struggling. They're calling for Sherman's head. lol
I don't know what to think. Arky looked good this week, and OSU is no slouch either, so we should have beaten two good teams there, for whatever that is worth.

It would have been nice had we looked solid against Tech, but it was meltdown city in the second half (again) against the dirt monkeys. At least we held on for the W.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:57 PM
smearig
CF Senior Member

Nobody has the CBs to cover Broyles, Stills, and Franks man to man. Broyles and Stills are first round picks and Franks may end up being so. Not having our center hurts the run game, they call all the protection, etc.

LSU would have a really hard time scoring on OU's defense. LSU won by 7 points last time they played for the title in New Orleans. I'm more concerned about going to K State and Stillwater right now.
I hadn't heard too much about Stills before that game, but holy crap he abused that freshman Carrington Byndom. Gideon spent most of the day back at safety getting torched because he was trying to help the corners up close but the Sooners just had too many threats for Landry to check through on his reads.

Texas doesn't have an NFL quality safety like Huff, Griffin or Thomas right now and it was incredibly evident Saturday.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Red River Shootout [OU Texas]

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: