Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Dirt 3 / Rally Racing [Xbox 360]

Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

Dirt 3 / Rally Racing [Xbox 360]

Old 01-16-2012, 06:37 PM
Pigface1
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08

Originally Posted by Z06_BluByU View Post
ill have to check it out... ill let ya know when i have and copy.. !
Hell yeah! The public lobbies for Rally are great and I have a blast in single player as well, mainly rally, but also rally x and some of the other racing modes. I'd be shocked if you didn't love it, it's a great balance with Forza 4.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:43 PM
Pigface1
CF Senior Member

FWIW, I'm playing F1 and Dirt 3 on Xbox 360, not PS3 or PC. Sucks you guys have problems with your games; none here. The FFB is absurdly high in Dirt 3 by default, though, and that needed to be turned down to 30% or so.

My only legit gripe is the courses aren't longer and that there's no clutch for the 360 version. Driving a stick with a clutch in a rally car probably isn't the best idea, though, in the first place.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:02 AM
The Dingo
CF Senior Member

CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-17

Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
I really need to pick up a 360.

My favorite part of GT3 was the rally racing.
Yes you do. Then you can race with us.

Originally Posted by Pigface1 View Post
Ted, Dingo and I have been racing a bit and Mullet, too. I'm trying to talk them into Dirt 3 just b/c I know anyone that loves racing would have a blast online w/ Dirt 3.
When I can drag myself away from Forza 4 or work long enough to get to the shop, I will.

Originally Posted by AU Eagle View Post
Yeah...Forza 4 is good, but I'm not as in love with it as I was Forza 3 for some reason.
I actually like it more. Rivals Mode is about the best thing going in console racers, IMO.

Also, the mod funding/money earning aspect is a lot easier so you don't have to race an insane amount of races to build up a good stock of cars. Once you reach affinity level 4 with that manufacturer, mods are free. You also get fat bonuses with each new driver level and affinity level you achieve.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:38 PM
Pigface1
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post

Also, the mod funding/money earning aspect is a lot easier so you don't have to race an insane amount of races to build up a good stock of cars. Once you reach affinity level 4 with that manufacturer, mods are free. You also get fat bonuses with each new driver level and affinity level you achieve.
True. The one thing I don't understand is why they removed endurance races, that really sucks. You can do 6 laps at a time in the world championships, but that's still not much more than a 10 minute race. If you want to set something specific up, you have to do it in multiplayer. I thought about setting up a 50 lap LeMans one weekend, but then I sobered up.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:20 PM
The Dingo
CF Senior Member

CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-17

True. The one thing I don't understand is why they removed endurance races, that really sucks. You can do 6 laps at a time in the world championships, but that's still not much more than a 10 minute race. If you want to set something specific up, you have to do it in multiplayer. I thought about setting up a 50 lap LeMans one weekend, but then I sobered up.
The luck of enduros also sucks in that I can't have a hired driver earn me money in them while I am off doing something else.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:17 PM
Thunder22
CF Senior Member

Thanked 1,081 Times in 757 Posts

Here's a great example of how CM screwed up F1. Invisible walls during races. Check out the videos on the 2nd page.

http://community.codemasters.com/for...n-then-cm.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dirt 3 / Rally Racing [Xbox 360]

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: