Pit Bull Pulls Unconscious Owner From Path Of Oncoming Train, gives up her leg! - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Pit Bull Pulls Unconscious Owner From Path Of Oncoming Train, gives up her leg!

Notices
Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

Pit Bull Pulls Unconscious Owner From Path Of Oncoming Train, gives up her leg!

Reply

 
 
 
Old 05-08-2012, 11:24 PM
  #1  
vigalante
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: May 2011
Posts: 34,674
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Pit Bull Pulls Unconscious Owner From Path Of Oncoming Train, gives up her leg!

An eight year old pit bull is recovering in a Massachusetts animal hospital after conducting a remarkable rescue mission. According to witnesses, the heroic dog saved the life of her owner just before she was hit by an oncoming freight train.

The Massachusetts SPCA said Christine Spain of Shirley was walking home with her dog Lilly when she collapsed on the tracks. Spain’s son, Boston Police Officer David Lanteigne, says the train’s engineer watched in amazement as the dog moved her owner out of harm’s way. Traveling at a high rate of speed, the train was unable to come to a stop, and Lilly was hit seconds after saving Spain.

“The engineer said as he was coming up, he saw the dog pulling her off the tracks. But there wasn’t enough time,” Lanteigne said. “He then saw the dog come around between the train and my mom and take the hit of the train.”........

More with video.... http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2012/05/p...ncoming-train/
vigalante is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:25 PM
  #2  
gs568
CF Senior Member
 
gs568's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2001
Location: 24 Willie Mays Plaza S.F. California
Posts: 42,266
Thanked 35 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Good to hear but still wouldn't have them around little children.
gs568 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:25 PM
  #3  
KWIL
CF Senior Member
 
KWIL's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2003
Location: Northern mexico (south Texas)
Posts: 11,998
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13
Default

It wasn't trying to move her, it was trying to eat her.
KWIL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:42 PM
  #4  
c5goodlife
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
c5goodlife's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,717
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Default

Amazing
c5goodlife is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:43 PM
  #5  
gs568
CF Senior Member
 
gs568's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2001
Location: 24 Willie Mays Plaza S.F. California
Posts: 42,266
Thanked 35 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by KWIL View Post
It wasn't trying to move her, it was trying to eat her.
You have a point there.
gs568 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:48 PM
  #6  
StephenSLR
CF Senior Member
 
StephenSLR's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 442
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

What has four legs and one arm?

A happy pit-bull.

Any dog is dangerous around children, the problem is they don't have arms and sense a lot with their mouths, when they play with other dogs you often see them biting into each other, okay for other dogs but teeth cut into kids faces very easily.

Some breeds are more pleasant than others and yeah it's not worth the risk to have pit-bulls near kids, almost every week down here some poor kid has a tragic encounter with a vicious dog.

Rah, rah, rah, it's not the dog it's the owner - sorry the dog did the biting not the owner.

s
StephenSLR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:52 PM
  #7  
jfb
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2001
Location: Cincinnati, Oh USA
Posts: 48,172
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by vigalante View Post
An eight year old pit bull is recovering in a Massachusetts animal hospital after conducting a remarkable rescue mission. According to witnesses, the heroic dog saved the life of her owner just before she was hit by an oncoming freight train.

The Massachusetts SPCA said Christine Spain of Shirley was walking home with her dog Lilly when she collapsed on the tracks. Spain’s son, Boston Police Officer David Lanteigne, says the train’s engineer watched in amazement as the dog moved her owner out of harm’s way. Traveling at a high rate of speed, the train was unable to come to a stop, and Lilly was hit seconds after saving Spain.

“The engineer said as he was coming up, he saw the dog pulling her off the tracks. But there wasn’t enough time,” Lanteigne said. “He then saw the dog come around between the train and my mom and take the hit of the train.”........

More with video.... http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2012/05/p...ncoming-train/
High speed, yes, but high rate of speed (acceleration), NO!
If you read the story you will find out that the woman collapsed on the tracks because she had been drinking. Her son also said his mother has been battling alcoholism for a long time. This didn't have to happen to that dog!
jfb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:56 PM
  #8  
RED-85-Z51
CF Senior Member
 
RED-85-Z51's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2003
Location: I like a cars like I like my violence...DOMESTIC
Posts: 23,795
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Dog was trying to tenderize its meal...simply miscalculated how long it had to position her on the tracks for maximum dismemberment...and paid the price.
RED-85-Z51 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:58 PM
  #9  
zsr22
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2006
Posts: 27,604
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BCS Bet for St. Jude '09-'10-'11, '15
Default

Originally Posted by jfb View Post
If you read the story you will find out that the woman collapsed on the tracks because she had been drinking. Her son also said his mother has been battling alcoholism for a long time. This didn't have to happen to that dog!
Damn irresponsible pit bull owners!
zsr22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:00 AM
  #10  
93Polo
CF Senior Member
 
93Polo's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 1999
Location: Guinness Its whats for B'fast JAWGA
Posts: 30,383
Thanked 108 Times in 104 Posts
CI 3-4-5-9 Veteran
Default

Amazing how this isn't getting the replies as a Dog that hasn't done anything wrong being pictured with a child.
93Polo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:06 AM
  #11  
69er
CF Senior Member
 
69er's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 1999
Location: SC
Posts: 16,856
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Ok,lets put this on the balancing scale.
One side with the wonderful Pitbull acts and the other side with Pitbull maulings.
With the weight of the maulings,the plus side Pitbull acts just flew off the scale!
69er is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:12 AM
  #12  
MillertimeZ06
CF Senior Member
 
MillertimeZ06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2007
Location: Matthews Nc
Posts: 3,925
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Good dog. The media always tends to miss the good stories. Dog deserves its credit.
MillertimeZ06 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:31 AM
  #13  
93Polo
CF Senior Member
 
93Polo's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 1999
Location: Guinness Its whats for B'fast JAWGA
Posts: 30,383
Thanked 108 Times in 104 Posts
CI 3-4-5-9 Veteran
Default

Originally Posted by 69er View Post
Ok,lets put this on the balancing scale.
One side with the wonderful Pitbull acts and the other side with Pitbull maulings.
With the weight of the maulings,the plus side Pitbull acts just flew off the scale!
How can you balance something that isn't reported?

Originally Posted by MillertimeZ06 View Post
Good dog. The media always tends to miss the good stories. Dog deserves its credit.
93Polo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:32 AM
  #14  
69er
CF Senior Member
 
69er's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 1999
Location: SC
Posts: 16,856
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 93Polo View Post
How can you balance something that isn't reported?
C'mon!
Reported or not,the maulings will be a much,much higher number.
69er is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:07 AM
  #15  
jcosta79
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,187
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

WHY DO PEOPLE STILL WALK ON OR NEAR TRAIN TRACKS?! WTF?!
jcosta79 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:49 PM
  #16  
Overlord
CF Senior Member
 
Overlord's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2007
Location: Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the women TX
Posts: 7,419
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Pit Bull Pulls Unconscious Owner From Path Of Oncoming Train, gives up her leg!

Hahahahaha!
From the title, I thought you meant the dog let go when it was done!
Overlord is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:56 PM
  #17  
pewter99
Admin
Support Corvetteforum!
 
pewter99's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 1999
Location: Here
Posts: 163,205
Thanked 468 Times in 300 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Default

Originally Posted by jcosta79 View Post
WHY DO PEOPLE STILL WALK ON OR NEAR TRAIN TRACKS?! WTF?!
something to do when you are drunk
pewter99 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:59 PM
  #18  
nate99
CF Senior Member
 
nate99's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2008
Location: coffee
Posts: 15,154
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I don't read these threads, but based on the titles, I have gathered that pitbulls are three things.

1. Noble saviors of mankind
2. Toddler maulers
3. Cuban singers that vote for Obama
nate99 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:03 PM
  #19  
rbridges
CF Senior Member
 
rbridges's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2000
Location: warner robins georgia
Posts: 14,488
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jfb View Post
High speed, yes, but high rate of speed (acceleration), NO!
If you read the story you will find out that the woman collapsed on the tracks because she had been drinking. Her son also said his mother has been battling alcoholism for a long time. This didn't have to happen to that dog!

dogs love unconditionally
rbridges is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:18 PM
  #20  
SonOf65again
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2007
Location: ridin' around Albuquerque on my bicycle
Posts: 1,792
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

If the dog was pulling her away from the tracks, how was it still in the path of the train to get hit?
SonOf65again is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pit Bull Pulls Unconscious Owner From Path Of Oncoming Train, gives up her leg!


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: