Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

Don't know what to do anymore.

 
Old 05-17-2012, 01:24 AM
  #181  
nfshotrod
CF Senior Member
 
nfshotrod's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,938
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hope it gets better for you.
nfshotrod is offline  
Old 05-17-2012, 01:47 AM
  #182  
ExRedRacer
CF Senior Member
 
ExRedRacer's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2004
Location: The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
Posts: 24,137
Liked 964 Times in 524 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Default

Originally Posted by ProfMoriarty View Post
This fellow needs real care. Some useful threads have described a means that might assist him in obtaining that care.
It seems that you'll never understand and I'll respect your position, but some people are actually comforted by their faith, knowing that others of like faith are with them in spirit, and a belief in a Higher Being who knows what's best for us.

Of course you are also correct in that helping TBD in practical ways is vital as well.
ExRedRacer is offline  
Old 05-17-2012, 01:52 AM
  #183  
JustinStrife
CF Senior Member
 
JustinStrife's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2006
Location: Lake Havasu AZ
Posts: 26,997
Liked 80 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by KWIL View Post
Bulldog, do you have a PayPal address? I'd like to help you with the dentist bill.
Originally Posted by BUM1 View Post
I am in for $100 to help with dental bill. Pm me PayPal account if you get it.
Originally Posted by DC-STRO View Post
I'm in for $100 too.
I'm not in the best financial situation right now, but i would chip in 20...

Get better man.
JustinStrife is offline  
Old 05-17-2012, 07:17 AM
  #184  
The JOe
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
The JOe's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2005
Location: Palmdale, CA
Posts: 34,272
Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12
Default

Originally Posted by JustinStrife View Post
I'm not in the best financial situation right now, but i would chip in 20...

Get better man.
Please don't worry about it. I know the exact situation you are talking about. When sandiegopaul (RIP ) was first trying to make his trip to Houston for clinical trials i didn't have money either. I offered to drive my truck to him 4hrs away to save him some money so he wouldn't have to pay to rent a vehicle the time he was there. Turns out he got a more local CFOT member to help him but i know the feeling of wanting to help but not being able to.

ive been up all night in pain crying dealing with reality not sure what i am going to do. I am still not sure but i am leaving at 6:45am for another scan so i guess the isn't anything i can do but try and tough it out, battle with disability who ive paid into since i was 16 and hope i get accepted. I guess its like they say, focus on one step at a time.

Everyone here has been amazing. i guess i just have to accept the cards that were dealt and fight the best i can.
The JOe is offline  
Old 05-17-2012, 08:32 AM
  #185  
Z06David
CF Senior Member
 
Z06David's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2007
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 10,675
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Texas Bulldog View Post
Please don't worry about it. I know the exact situation you are talking about. When sandiegopaul (RIP ) was first trying to make his trip to Houston for clinical trials i didn't have money either. I offered to drive my truck to him 4hrs away to save him some money so he wouldn't have to pay to rent a vehicle the time he was there. Turns out he got a more local CFOT member to help him but i know the feeling of wanting to help but not being able to.

ive been up all night in pain crying dealing with reality not sure what i am going to do. I am still not sure but i am leaving at 6:45am for another scan so i guess the isn't anything i can do but try and tough it out, battle with disability who ive paid into since i was 16 and hope i get accepted. I guess its like they say, focus on one step at a time.

Everyone here has been amazing. i guess i just have to accept the cards that were dealt and fight the best i can.
This Remember you have many people here that will pick you up when needed
Z06David is offline  
Old 05-17-2012, 09:20 AM
  #186  
bierbelly
CF Senior Member
 
bierbelly's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2002
Location: Sterling VA
Posts: 11,524
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by nate99 View Post
I should rephrase.

I don't understand why people continue to elect representatives that allow a super powerful and almost life wreckingly addictive drug like oxy to be dispensed legally while something like medical pot is criminalized.

It's a mishmash of 30 years of misguided anti-drug policies and pharma lobbyists cutting out competition that could be grown pretty much anywhere for pretty much free if it were legal to do so.

Sucks.
Ha! 70 years at least
bierbelly is offline  
Old 05-17-2012, 09:36 AM
  #187  
cuisinartvette
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Oct 2004
Location: Valencia Ca.
Posts: 68,353
Liked 1,168 Times in 1,070 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05
Default

Get that disability you need it man. Bring all docs!

Cant give much but if you shoot me your paypal Id like to help out.
Health problems are a betch....many dont understand them.
Mind cant always overcome matter.

Hang in there bud.
cuisinartvette is offline  
Old 05-17-2012, 10:21 AM
  #188  
lrobe22
CF Senior Member
 
lrobe22's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2008
Location: 200 AGL
Posts: 2,102
Liked 205 Times in 121 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
Default

Definately a good reality check reading this thread. Bulldog, sometimes a good family isn't your blood family. You've got a good one here as well as it seems your fiance's. Not perfect but something to live strong for.
No motivational speech, just wanted you to know there are more and more people hoping the best for you here.
lrobe22 is offline  
Old 05-17-2012, 11:31 AM
  #189  
JustinStrife
CF Senior Member
 
JustinStrife's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2006
Location: Lake Havasu AZ
Posts: 26,997
Liked 80 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Texas Bulldog View Post
Please don't worry about it. I know the exact situation you are talking about. When sandiegopaul (RIP ) was first trying to make his trip to Houston for clinical trials i didn't have money either. I offered to drive my truck to him 4hrs away to save him some money so he wouldn't have to pay to rent a vehicle the time he was there. Turns out he got a more local CFOT member to help him but i know the feeling of wanting to help but not being able to.

ive been up all night in pain crying dealing with reality not sure what i am going to do. I am still not sure but i am leaving at 6:45am for another scan so i guess the isn't anything i can do but try and tough it out, battle with disability who ive paid into since i was 16 and hope i get accepted. I guess its like they say, focus on one step at a time.

Everyone here has been amazing. i guess i just have to accept the cards that were dealt and fight the best i can.
I'll start putting money aside so that if things stay more of the same for you Joey, I can pitch in more like other members have done. I really do want to help, as you have been a very positive influence on this forum, as well as a positive influence on peoples' lives. Please don't be ashamed to ask for help. We all care about you man. When I bring my FRC over to Stephen's shop soon to get work done, I'll swing by and buy you lunch too. Maybe we can make a shooting day of it or something.

You're not alone man. Even if none of us can relate exactly to your health troubles, we are here for you.
JustinStrife is offline  
Old 05-17-2012, 05:27 PM
  #190  
TPFKATK
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
TPFKATK's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 1999
Location: Paint Hill NC
Posts: 12,988
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Default

Originally Posted by NEED-A-VETTE View Post
Joe - I sent you a PM.

I work in healthcare on the financial side...revenue recovery. I've worked for several large corporations. I know the ins and outs of the industry and the tactics they use (both legal and illegal) in their billing practices.

I can review any bills you have, review your insurance EOBs, help you write appeals for any denied services, negotiate lower patient responsibility amounts, help you qualify for assistance, etc.

Just let me know.
This could do you a world of good. Could even speed up the disability claim. Did I read correctly you are not yet on disability?

HyperX comes through yet again. You are the man.

How did it go today? Hope you catch a good break SOON.

I agree legal pot is long overdue. Don't use it, but the country could use the taxes and freed up LEO time.
TPFKATK is offline  
Old 05-17-2012, 05:40 PM
  #191  
NEED-A-VETTE
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
NEED-A-VETTE's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2005
Location: Now all the vampires walkin' through the valley move west down Ventura Boulevard ——— Los Angeles
Posts: 17,630
Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08
Default

Joe - One thing I forgot to mention. Please, please, please make sure you read all the paperwork that physicians and hospitals ask you to sign. There are a lot of things they try to slip in, including an agreement that if something goes bad, you agree to go through mediation only for resolution. If you're not up to it, have your fiancée read it. Don't sign anything you don't understand.
NEED-A-VETTE is offline  
Old 05-17-2012, 05:58 PM
  #192  
thetaxman
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jan 2007
Location: Official Dirty Dozen Member
Posts: 16,522
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by KarlK View Post
be thankful, you could be theTaxman







on a serious note
I hope Sandy can take care of you

That is Sandy with a capital S not sandy as in sand
thetaxman is offline  
Old 05-17-2012, 06:25 PM
  #193  
The JOe
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
The JOe's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2005
Location: Palmdale, CA
Posts: 34,272
Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12
Default

I think i got good news today. My fiancee sent out all of my medical records to a few diagnosticians hoping one would be interested in what my team of specialists can't figure out and she contacted 8 of them and 2 neurologists have already responded showing interest in my situation. 1 in Austin and 1 in Houston. I set an appointment with both and they are going to be contacting my doctors in the meantime to get a little background.

I camped out at my pain doctors office this morning refusing to leave until i was seen, took 3hrs but i got to hand over a nice copay for my Dr to ask me 3, maybe 4 questions before he wrote me my prescription.

Funny part is that the Medication i am on is not really stocked , or at least not that brand so the cvs pharmacist tells me to call a week early so they can order it just in case. I called monday morning, they ordered it, checked yesterday to see if it came in and they said yes. So today i was able to bring the Rx to pick it up and guess what? It was sold. Ummm.... I ordered it and someone else picks it up? lucky for them. So 9 phone calls later im near the airport picking up my medication. As annoying as that was, at least i got it taken care of. Im going to find a new pain management doctor, i can't just leave my health in the hands of an idiot who makes up rules as they go.

so it was quite a day. Im just very very happy i got my prescription taken care of and im looking at talking to a fresh set of eyes to try and help me.
The JOe is offline  
Old 05-17-2012, 06:34 PM
  #194  
Spitfire71
CF Senior Member
 
Spitfire71's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2001
Location: Pensacola FL
Posts: 6,025
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '13
Default

Originally Posted by Texas Bulldog View Post
So it was quite a day. Im just very very happy i got my prescription taken care of and im looking at talking to a fresh set of eyes to try and help me.
Fantastic news! Like UD said: never, never, never give up. You and your fiancee made significant strides today. Don't ever forget that there are many of us on CFOT pulling for you.
Spitfire71 is offline  
Old 05-17-2012, 06:36 PM
  #195  
bsmith
CF Senior Member
 
bsmith's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2003
Location: Official Moral Compass of the forum.
Posts: 51,450
Liked 61 Times in 16 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09
Default

Originally Posted by Texas Bulldog View Post
I think i got good news today. My fiancee sent out all of my medical records to a few diagnosticians hoping one would be interested in what my team of specialists can't figure out and she contacted 8 of them and 2 neurologists have already responded showing interest in my situation. 1 in Austin and 1 in Houston. I set an appointment with both and they are going to be contacting my doctors in the meantime to get a little background.

I camped out at my pain doctors office this morning refusing to leave until i was seen, took 3hrs but i got to hand over a nice copay for my Dr to ask me 3, maybe 4 questions before he wrote me my prescription.

Funny part is that the Medication i am on is not really stocked , or at least not that brand so the cvs pharmacist tells me to call a week early so they can order it just in case. I called monday morning, they ordered it, checked yesterday to see if it came in and they said yes. So today i was able to bring the Rx to pick it up and guess what? It was sold. Ummm.... I ordered it and someone else picks it up? lucky for them. So 9 phone calls later im near the airport picking up my medication. As annoying as that was, at least i got it taken care of. Im going to find a new pain management doctor, i can't just leave my health in the hands of an idiot who makes up rules as they go.

so it was quite a day. Im just very very happy i got my prescription taken care of and im looking at talking to a fresh set of eyes to try and help me.

It's a long shot, but if you ended up finding a doc that will treat you outside of your area...post up where and maybe someone could put you up for the time needed?
I'd have a room for you if you needed it.
bsmith is offline  
Old 05-17-2012, 06:53 PM
  #196  
Flatbush_Harry
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Originally Posted by HyperX View Post
TB - hang in there dude... would some nice piece of electronic gear cheer you up? lemme know if u need something... As far as the prescription, ask to speak to the doctor on the phone. Bypass the secretary/nurse. More than likely, he will help you.
and, if the drugs require a physical scrip, maybe they can messenger it to the pharmacy.

Sorry to hear this news and best wishes for comfort and healing.



Harry
 
Old 05-17-2012, 06:54 PM
  #197  
thetaxman
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jan 2007
Location: Official Dirty Dozen Member
Posts: 16,522
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Texas Bulldog View Post

I camped out at my pain doctors office this morning refusing to leave until i was seen, took 3hrs but i got to hand over a nice copay for my Dr to ask me 3, maybe 4 questions before he wrote me my prescription.
nothing like quality time.....
You'd think he would be a tad more thorough
thetaxman is offline  
Old 05-17-2012, 07:28 PM
  #198  
The JOe
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
The JOe's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2005
Location: Palmdale, CA
Posts: 34,272
Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12
Default

Originally Posted by thetaxman View Post
nothing like quality time.....
You'd think he would be a tad more thorough
Especially when i am still waiting on his office to gather up my medical history so i can submit it for my disability claim.

They simply wanted money from me, thats all. They just wanted a copay to cover the 2 minutes it takes to hand write a prescription out. I felt 100% cheated today and i let him know it.
The JOe is offline  
Old 05-17-2012, 07:31 PM
  #199  
thetaxman
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jan 2007
Location: Official Dirty Dozen Member
Posts: 16,522
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I don't know what constitutes malpractice but this is crap
thetaxman is offline  
Old 05-17-2012, 08:14 PM
  #200  
snide
CF Senior Member
 
snide's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2000
Location: You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make him think. - snide The problem with the gene
Posts: 84,237
Liked 150 Times in 61 Posts
CI 4-5-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11
Default

Sorry to hear about all your ailments JOe. Attempting to send positive vibes your way.
snide is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Don't know what to do anymore.


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: