Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

Home warranty recommendations

Old 07-26-2012, 04:58 PM
vetsalsman
Supporting Vendor

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

ok, I understand your thinking in not asking the seller to pay for a warranty. i would personally consider taking the money that a warranty cost and establish a household r & m fund with it verses buying a warranty. You would need to weigh factors such as age of home, condition and home inspection results to "gamble" on the odds of what repairs will be most likely needed in the next year or whatever time frame the warranty is for.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:07 PM
smearig
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No. Take that money and start putting it in a home repair account. Our house came with a 1 yr warranty and I tried to use it twice. One time they came to say our heat pump was installed incorrectly and not covered. The next time I realized the deductible ($100, IIRC) was more than the $80 disposal so I fixed it myself.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:33 PM
Kenny94945
CF Senior Member

Liked 193 Times in 175 Posts

I've had American Home Shield for 6 yrs.
That company seems OK.

Watch the disclaimers like ice makers in refrig is not covered. Good for plumbing, ac, electrical, spas.

Only had one unsatisfied repair...they couldn't get parts for my stove top draft/ smoke system. Gave me an allowance that doesn't cover a complete replacement.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:02 PM
tjfontaine
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

When I bought our 2nd home the seller (bank) said I could pick the HOW provider ... they had suggested two - but did some research and came up with these guys - they were consistently rated high.

https://www.sensiblehomewarranty.com/quote.php

Used them twice - zero issues - the deductible was small on each item .

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Home warranty recommendations

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: