Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Susan G Komen for the Cure donations

Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

Susan G Komen for the Cure donations

Old 10-08-2012, 12:50 PM
TEC6
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11
Default Susan G Komen for the Cure donation request

Hello Corvette brothers and sisters!!

As you may or may not know me on the forum, My name is Tim Coleman. I have been on the forum for over 7 years.

I am trying to help my wife (Patti Coleman) who is a 2 year breast cancer survivor. She is walking again this year to support the Memphis-MidSouth Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure. She wants to make a difference in the fight against breast cancer. She has taken an aggressive stand this year by increasing her pledge of $1,000 to raise funds to eliminate Breast Cancer. Please help her reach these fundraising goals by making a tax-deductible donation today. We need to be sure that none of our kids, grandkids or family members go through this.

You may make a tax-deductable online donation with your credit card by clicking the "Donate to Patricia " button at the top of her pledge page.

Click on the URL to visit her personal page.

http://memphis.info-komen.org/site/T...&s_tafId=93555

Your support helps us get another step closer to a world without breast cancer.

Thank you for supporting the fight against breast cancer!

Patti and Tim Coleman

Last edited by TEC6; 10-22-2012 at 07:42 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:15 PM
lebvette
CF Senior Member

Liked 24 Times in 22 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-19

Hi Tim,

Don't let your wife out walk you. I got between $25 and 10 million coming in her name. LOL
Great cause.

Larry
Old 10-08-2012, 02:27 PM
TEC6
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11

Originally Posted by lebvette View Post
Hi Tim,

Don't let your wife out walk you. I got between $25 and 10 million coming in her name. LOL
Great cause.

Larry
HA Larry,

She will beat me in the walk...Thanks for your donation to a great cause!!
Old 10-08-2012, 04:32 PM
slewfoot1956
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Wife is Jewish and has Brca 1. No need for details if you know what this is. We're involved with it a bit around here.

Frankly, I don't care if they support the moon being made of cheese as long as money isn't mispent and the job is getting done
Old 10-08-2012, 08:41 PM
mojo1
CF Senior Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15, '19

Wife and I did the 5 K run her in Houston for this last Saturday, the amount of people there was amazing.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:56 PM
ByByBMW
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 134 Times in 81 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'08-'10-'11-'12-'13 '14-'15-'16-'17

Tim, I have been giving to St. Judes through the club, but now that we live in AZ, I will probably be supporting local charities. Good luck though and it was nice to have known you.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:48 AM
TEC6
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11

Originally Posted by slewfoot1956 View Post
Wife is Jewish and has Brca 1. No need for details if you know what this is. We're involved with it a bit around here.

Frankly, I don't care if they support the moon being made of cheese as long as money isn't mispent and the job is getting done
Thinking of your wife as she travels down this road!! I agree with your as long as the job is getting done to find a cure and the money isnt getting mispent..
Old 10-09-2012, 07:50 AM
TEC6
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11

Originally Posted by nj02vette View Post
As a long time supporter, I have to say they are getting overly stupid lately. They had the opportunity to take a lot of money but it was from an adult website so they turned it down.

They need to skip the politics and just stick to fundraising.

Originally Posted by mojo1 View Post
Wife and I did the 5 K run her in Houston for this last Saturday, the amount of people there was amazing.
Thank you for walking for a cure!!!
Old 10-09-2012, 07:54 AM
TEC6
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11

Originally Posted by ByByBMW View Post
Tim, I have been giving to St. Judes through the club, but now that we live in AZ, I will probably be supporting local charities. Good luck though and it was nice to have known you.
Marty,

Thank you for donating to St.Jude in the past and I hope you can find some local charities to support. It was a pleasure knowing you and enjoy life inAZ. If you're every in my parts, please look me up. You have my contact infor. Take Care!!

Tim
Old 10-09-2012, 07:56 AM
TEC6
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11

Originally Posted by corvettetanner View Post
Everyone here has been affected by cancer. With that being said...Susan G. Komen foundation is a joke. Not gonna see any $$$ from me...EVER. They mis-spend dollars worse than our government and not nearly enough goes to help find a cure.
Originally Posted by EDinPA View Post

But when you abort female babies you reduce the chance of them getting breast cancer by 100%
Thank you both for your opinions!! I hope you do dontate your $$$ to a charity of YOUR choice that will help fight to find a cure for ALL cancer...
Old 10-09-2012, 10:42 AM
TEC6
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11
Default Memphis Mid-South affiliate response

This is a response my wife and I got from a email my wife sent to Susan G Komen - MidSouth after multiple post on here of negative support for planned parenthood....Please help to raise funds for fighting Breast cancer if you feel the need...

We understand your concern, as we have to address it on a daily basis. We have a published local funding statement, which was written by our Executive Director. We are an independent Affiliate that is associated with the National Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation, as we share a common goal of fighting breast cancer. Each Affiliate has the same independence. While we highly value our right to solely determine how our dollars ($800,000 in 2012) are used, we have to respect that there are other local Affiliates who choose to give their dollars for what they and their grants committee feel is best for the community.

We do know for a fact that the Aspen Affiliate gives to the local Planned Parenthood because there is NO other facility that will provide screenings for the uninsured in their rural mountain community. They are aware of the struggle that their actions cause for Affiliates like ours.

We hope you and your husband can find a way to remain strong supporters of the Memphis Mid-South Affiliate Susan G. Komen for the Cure because we know where our dollars go in our community and that our dollars support breast cancer specific research like those current programs at Vanderbilt.

We hope the local Affiliate funding statement below will offer some language that will support you in your cause.

Local Affiliate Funding Statement
Memphis-MidSouth Susan G. Komen for the Cure is an affiliated, but SEPARATE, corporate entity from the National organization, the Memphis-MidSouth Affiliate makes ALL of our funding decisions on the local level. We know the MidSouth and work diligently with our health care partners to provide the best for the women and their families here in the MidSouth.

Komen Memphis-MidSouth currently provides $800,000 in funding to 11 MidSouth area breast cancer screening, support and treatment service programs. This year alone, Komen Memphis-MidSouth and our grantees will provide services to more than 15,500 people in our community. We have given $265,000 to breast cancer research in 2012.

The MidSouth area Planned Parenthood organization has never requested funding from Komen Memphis-MidSouth and has never received funds from our organization. Komen Memphis-MidSouth remains committed to ensuring that all women, especially the underserved, in our community have access to lifesaving breast cancer screening and support services through the best resources available in our community.

One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime and early detection and intervention is proven to save lives. Komen Memphis-MidSouth will continue to work hard every day to provide low cost and no cost screening services for the underserved in our community.

Our mission is to enable women to detect and survive breast cancer - that is what we do.

Our list of grantees is posted on our website. All nonprofits must file tax returns which include where funds are distributed and we are very proud of our 20 year list which includes gifts of over $2 million to Baptist Memorial and over $1 million to the Church Health Center. The Memphis-MidSouth Affiliate is a crucial part of the health network in the MidSouth as without our funding, many women will not have access to care.

We need your support to continue to save lives here in the MidSouth. The lives of our mothers, sisters, grandmothers, aunts, cousins, nieces, friends and neighbors. Together we save lives, right here at home.

Memphis-MidSouth Affiliate

Last edited by TEC6; 10-10-2012 at 07:29 AM.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:04 AM
FU
NCM Lifetime # 982
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Sent for a great cause.

Did a 5K in June for the local Babylon Breast Cancer. We raised lot's of money dedicated strictly for our patients. I donate my time transporting patients every Friday. I'm still going to hell in a hand basket , but it give's me a warm fuzzy feeling helping these girls out
Old 10-09-2012, 11:32 AM
TEC6
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11

Originally Posted by FU View Post
Sent for a great cause.

Did a 5K in June for the local Babylon Breast Cancer. We raised lot's of money dedicated strictly for our patients. I donate my time transporting patients every Friday. I'm still going to hell in a hand basket , but it give's me a warm fuzzy feeling helping these girls out
Frank, Thank you SO VERY MUCH for your donation to a great cause!!

Last edited by TEC6; 10-09-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:17 PM
FU
NCM Lifetime # 982
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by TEC6 View Post
Frank, Thank you SO VERY MUCH for your donation to a great cause!!
The pleasure is mine

FWIW the Susan G. Komen society (Alec Baldwin) built a wing on a local hospital (Stony Brook University Hospital) with state of the art machine's. And hired a crew of great Dr's too boot. It's great too see this type of dedication.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:18 PM
TEC6
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11

Originally Posted by FU View Post
The pleasure is mine

FWIW the Susan G. Komen society (Alec Baldwin) built a wing on a local hospital (Stony Brook University Hospital) with state of the art machine's. And hired a crew of great Dr's too boot. It's great too see this type of dedication.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:19 PM
pewter99
Admin
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 529 Times in 350 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Hey folks....lets keep your personal and political stuff out of the thread...either you can choose to donate or don't. If you want to make it a political or controversial discussion we have a forum for that.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:32 AM
TEC6
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11

Originally Posted by pewter99 View Post
Hey folks....lets keep your personal and political stuff out of the thread...either you can choose to donate or don't. If you want to make it a political or controversial discussion we have a forum for that.
Robert, Thank you for controlling the negative stuff that some people want to post on this great forum!! Tim

Last edited by TEC6; 10-11-2012 at 07:40 AM.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:10 AM
ByByBMW
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 134 Times in 81 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'08-'10-'11-'12-'13 '14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by TEC6 View Post
Robert, Thank you for controlling the negative stuff that some people want to post on this great forum!! Tim
Old 10-11-2012, 12:30 PM
TEC6
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11
Default Please donate if you can!

Ttt
Old 10-11-2012, 12:38 PM
cole925
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pewter99 View Post
So you don't want people to inform possible donors of the crap that Susan Komen pulls?

Over $1 Million in donor funds used for suing other charities

You don't think that is relevant information? Full disclosure is usually a standard thing where I'm from......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Susan G Komen for the Cure donations

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: