Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

[Back to CA] Marina wants me out :( Im so lost now

Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

[Back to CA] Marina wants me out :( Im so lost now

Old 11-16-2012, 11:43 AM
chaase
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by The NNIAL8R View Post
Many folks think since a doc write an Rx that's there cant be a problem...Believe me, Ive seen my share of prescription drug abusers....most can get a doc to write as many Rxs as they want........and most dont have a pleasant outcome in the end
I feel bad for people like Joe because the treatments/side effects require some strong medicine. It is hard in many cases to not get addicted.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:50 AM
J S Machine
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17
St. Jude Knife Maker

Can't believe this hasn't been said yet...

The Fiancee usually gets a ring from the Fiance...

If the chit hits the fan, the ring is usually given back, from what I have seen..

Ms Marina would be coughing up a ring, and I would be turning that into some cash.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:52 AM
nfshotrod
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chaase View Post
I feel bad for people like Joe because the treatments/side effects require some strong medicine. It is hard in many cases to not get addicted.

Yep very hard. I was on them for 11 years. I have a spinal cord disorder that causes severe nerve pain. I started on vicodin then percocet then oxycontin then morphine and I worked my way up to fentanyl. It is a lose-lose situation. You are gonna get addicted. Period. It was hard but now all I take is Lyrica. I have a much better relationship with my girlfriend and family.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:53 AM
The NNIAL8R
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '11,'13
"I voluntarily took 60 days off from OT"

Originally Posted by chaase View Post

Yep....this kid's doc had him on close to a dozen meds for a back injury when I contacted him him...I told his mom her son was a junkie...Guess she didnt believe me until they buried him a few months later...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/off-...-this-kid.html
Old 11-16-2012, 11:56 AM
bsmith
CF Senior Member

Received 61 Likes on 16 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Dont know about his X's insurance but there's no way our insuarance would cover another person unless they were legally married to or a child of the insured..
He's been on her insurance for a while, IIRC.
Many large companies offer coverage to "domestic partners" and I'd suspect he's covered under that...for now.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:03 PM
Swany00
CF Senior Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by bsmith View Post
He's been on her insurance for a while, IIRC.
Many large companies offer coverage to "domestic partners" and I'd suspect he's covered under that...for now.
yep, and the company she works for offers that (unless she took another gig in the last year).
Old 11-16-2012, 12:08 PM
GTrain
CF Senior Member

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Texas Bulldog View Post
that makes sound like im some *****....
Dude, they are your words, not mine. I don't know anyone in this thread that isn't on your side and willing to help, but when I say that the picture is sometimes blurry here, this is what I mean...

He didn't do this out of the kindness of his own heart, i know my dad very well, he is 100% about himself and if he had to front some fuel money, there will be a contract written stating that and i'll be without a doubt asked to sign it when i get there.
Wait, what? A contract? I just don't see a parent making a kid sign a written contract....for money already paid.

Look, Marina is gone, your dad didn't break up with you, she did. He honestly doesn't have to do anything. Granted, maybe more water under that bridge than we all know, but based on what you are saying, I don't see the negative angle. If he is offering help, take it....

He's not a saint, he's not looking out for what is best for me. It is all about thim and getting what HE wants and NOW he wants me back there keeping his company or something. He didn't do this with no strings attached.
Thats his motive, to hang out? So he has flown back once, driving your friend, footing the cost to move you, and all this so he can have his son with medical problems back in LA and chill?

I know my dad extremely well...TRUST is a foreign word to me in therms of dealing with him. Its all about what he wants, believe me.
JOe
Dude, you need all the help you can get after what Marina did. Take one problem at a time and deal with the drama with Dad later....
Old 11-16-2012, 12:13 PM
Lee C
CF Senior Member

Received 61 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by GTrain View Post
Dude, they are your words, not mine. I don't know anyone in this thread that isn't on your side and willing to help, but when I say that the picture is sometimes blurry here, this is what I mean...

Wait, what? A contract? I just don't see a parent making a kid sign a written contract....for money already paid.

Look, Marina is gone, your dad didn't break up with you, she did. He honestly doesn't have to do anything. Granted, maybe more water under that bridge than we all know, but based on what you are saying, I don't see the negative angle. If he is offering help, take it....

Thats his motive, to hang out? So he has flown back once, driving your friend, footing the cost to move you, and all this so he can have his son with medical problems back in LA and chill?

Dude, you need all the help you can get after what Marina did. Take one problem at a time and deal with the drama with Dad later....
Pretty smart for a clown
Old 11-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Meh
CF Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by GTrain View Post

Do what you have to do. Even if there are ulterior motives, it's a means to an end for you. Even if he does make you sign a contract, so what? Is he going to take you to court? If so, you can make the argument that it was signed under duress, especially since the money was given without any agreement and spent before the contract was even mentioned, let alone signed, not to mention your current situation.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:43 PM
The JOe
CF Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12

aasdf asdf adf

Last edited by The JOe; 07-31-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:49 PM
Apothecary
CF Senior Member

Perhaps youre relying too heavily on medication????....I realize you have serious health issues...but drugs arent the answer to everything

He needs to break from those schedule 2 drugs and Xanax, stay away from medical pot, ect, and clear his head, get employed, become self reliant.
Liquidate his few assets at a pawn shop....
get a cheap hobby where he can create new, local friends.
People with money can afford to be high n crash every 4 hours and get jacked up on booze and sleep meds. He cant afford it, and he needs to get as drug free as possible to evaluate things better.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:52 PM
Apothecary
CF Senior Member

I don't abuse my medicatoins. i don't . I took Xanax just like its prescribed to me in a situation like this going on, this is what xanax is for whenyou are breaking down having panic attacks.

my pain medsi refilled re teh same i refill every month and im not early, oruse more than presribed.

Im not abusing any of my meds and im relying too much on them since ive been dealing with pain managment for something lie 10 yaears?

they aren't the answer for everything,i know... but they are the answer for my health and sanity, much like my anti depressants.

By saying that i was happy that i finally got to pick them up for my well being.

JOe

why are you even ON pain meds?
Old 11-16-2012, 02:05 PM
GotCorvette?
CF Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Apothecary View Post
why are you even ON pain meds?
Probably because he is experiencing pain.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:10 PM
BajaGTO
CF Senior Member

I don't abuse my medicatoins. i don't . I took Xanax just like its prescribed to me in a situation like this going on, this is what xanax is for whenyou are breaking down having panic attacks.

my pain medsi refilled re teh same i refill every month and im not early, oruse more than presribed.

Im not abusing any of my meds and im relying too much on them since ive been dealing with pain managment for something lie 10 yaears?

they aren't the answer for everything,i know... but they are the answer for my health and sanity, much like my anti depressants.

By saying that i was happy that i finally got to pick them up for my well being.

JOe

I feel for you. But as a guy who has been addicted to opiate pain killers. You sound just like me.

"I'm only using them as my Dr. prescribed." and "How am I going to find a Dr to keep prescribing them to me?" are big red flags for me.

All the best...
Old 11-16-2012, 03:25 PM
NEED-A-VETTE
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Now all the vampires walkin' through the valley move west down Ventura Boulevard Los Angeles
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

JOe...I need you to go back and take a look at this post from yesterday. Specifically the parts about contacting your attorney before you leave Texas and getting me a list of all your physician documented diagnosis.

Here's why:
  1. You need to find out if there is anything the attorney needs from you before you leave. Assuming you are leaving this weekend, today is the last day to talk to him while you are still in Texas, as I am sure he is closed on weekends.
  2. You need to get an update from him on where your case stands. This is going to be very important for you to know when you see a case worker out here. They are not going to take you very seriously when they ask you questions about the status of your disability claim and you tell them you do not know.
  3. You need to update your attorney on the most recent developments with your health. Medical records documenting the additional issues needs to be added to the documents you're providing to SSI in order to supplement your case further.
  4. You REALLY, REALLY need to make sure that your attorney has a copy of the letter from SSI, stating that they need added info...the request for additional information. Based on the fact that you received a follow up letter (stating they DID NOT get a reply to first request) I'm going to assume that the attorney does not have a copy. This means they are probably unaware that there is a request for additional information. Make no mistake...if you ignore this letter and do not provide them with the information for which they are asking, your appeal WILL be denied.
  5. You need to make sure that your attorney is aware of the developments with your living situation...moving back to CA
  6. You need to get a copy of everything the attorney has submitted to SSI on your behalf.
  7. I need the diagnosis list so I can do some research and put together some information together for you regarding your diagnosis versus SSI disability policies on each. I would like to do this this weekend so that, once you are here, you can hit the ground running in getting some sort of aid.

I was also going to suggest that you make sure that your medical records and related documentation be kept completely separate from everything else that you are packing. Just for easy accessibility.

I'm going to be totally blunt with you here...I know that Marina handled most of this stuff. However, I do not have the benefit of years of living with you in order to be familiar with all the aspects of your case. I cannot help you without your input and feedback.

I am not going to do this FOR you...I will do all of this WITH you. I need to teach you how to be way more self sufficient with all of this so you can take complete control of what is happening and what will happen with your future. You absolutely have to learn how to do this, as it will almost definitely help put you in a better financial position via aid and various programs.

I realize that she felt like she was helping you, but keeping you out of the loop on things did not do you any favors. It has put you in a bad position where you are frantically scrambling to put the pieces together. I would be doing you a disservice if I did not teach you how to navigate the system and allow you to be more self sufficient in all of this.

Anyhow, I sent you a text earlier today. Not sure if you have read it. I was just asking if you had a chance to talk to/update your attorney.

I'm not trying to be pushy, but I can't help you without certain pieces of info. You really need to ready to hit the ground running when you get here, to try and minimize the impact on your appointments, medications, etc.

I am wrapping up an early lunch here and have meetings almost all afternoon, so I am not going to be able to chat, unfortunately. However, you can text me...I can usually answer within a few minutes.

Last edited by NEED-A-VETTE; 11-16-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:51 PM
nfshotrod
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by BajaGTO View Post
I feel for you. But as a guy who has been addicted to opiate pain killers. You sound just like me.

"I'm only using them as my Dr. prescribed." and "How am I going to find a Dr to keep prescribing them to me?" are big red flags for me.

All the best...

I don't know if you read my post Baja but I agree with you 100%. It is hard to bs somebody who has been there. I know all the excuses and sayings. Like I already stated Joe seems like a great person and I wish him all the Best. Hope Joe gets everything under control.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:55 PM
NoOne
CF Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Apothecary View Post

He needs to break from those schedule 2 drugs and Xanax, stay away from medical pot, ect, and clear his head, get employed, become self reliant.
Liquidate his few assets at a pawn shop....
get a cheap hobby where he can create new, local friends.
People with money can afford to be high n crash every 4 hours and get jacked up on booze and sleep meds. He cant afford it, and he needs to get as drug free as possible to evaluate things better.
Jeebus your dumb.

You do not just stop major meds, I know you show zero responsibility for anything you do and have proven yourself to be douchebag extraordinaire in this thread and others but maybe its best you just keep your mouth shut.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:09 PM
Killermullet
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Silverspeed View Post
He meant to type "to" and "PHITB".. (punch her in the box). He's clearly drunk, or just dumb.
PITB = Put it in the ****

Judging by the description of their intimacy, doesn't sound like it.

Best of luck to you Joe. I'm more of a lurker but I've followed your stories here and there. Others have provided good, sound advice. Hopefully it is helpful.

If you are anything like me, and it sounds like you are, advice doesn't sink in well and you will do what you are going to do.

I sincerely hope everything works out for the best
Old 11-16-2012, 04:24 PM
Low12s
CF Senior Member

Location: Life isn't about waiting for the Storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the Rain.
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by UniqueDoug View Post
This man is going through the battle of his life, both physically and emotionally, and you pop in 500+ posts later with your little hypothetical. The worst case scenario of what one would do in a situation like this Joe has already posted about, and the guy is still standing AND seeing some hope.
Just wow. I didn't know you had your own private thread thing going on. What I was going to say was that he was misjudging his Dad and should try a little forgiveness / go in that direction. Being a Dad, I can tell you that a Fathers love is unconditional and that differences in the past can always be overcome. As I said in my other post, Good luck!
Old 11-16-2012, 04:39 PM
C6andaBronco
CF Senior Member

Joe,
Your response to NAV will show a lot about what you really want. If you really want to move along and get better you will keep in contact with her on her schedule and make the necessary calls and send the necessary paperwork to the correct agencies.

I know you are extremely overwhelmed at the moment, but you have all but pleaded for help and she is going out of her way to make your transition easier. Don't waste this opportunity. It will most likely not come along again.

Originally Posted by NEED-A-VETTE View Post
JOe...I need you to go back and take a look at this post from yesterday. Specifically the parts about contacting your attorney before you leave Texas and getting me a list of all your physician documented diagnosis.

Here's why:
  1. You need to find out if there is anything the attorney needs from you before you leave. Assuming you are leaving this weekend, today is the last day to talk to him while you are still in Texas, as I am sure he is closed on weekends.
  2. You need to get an update from him on where your case stands. This is going to be very important for you to know when you see a case worker out here. They are not going to take you very seriously when they ask you questions about the status of your disability claim and you tell them you do not know.
  3. You need to update your attorney on the most recent developments with your health. Medical records documenting the additional issues needs to be added to the documents you're providing to SSI in order to supplement your case further.
  4. You REALLY, REALLY need to make sure that your attorney has a copy of the letter from SSI, stating that they need added info...the request for additional information. Based on the fact that you received a follow up letter (stating they DID NOT get a reply to first request) I'm going to assume that the attorney does not have a copy. This means they are probably unaware that there is a request for additional information. Make no mistake...if you ignore this letter and do not provide them with the information for which they are asking, your appeal WILL be denied.
  5. You need to make sure that your attorney is aware of the developments with your living situation...moving back to CA
  6. You need to get a copy of everything the attorney has submitted to SSI on your behalf.
  7. I need the diagnosis list so I can do some research and put together some information together for you regarding your diagnosis versus SSI disability policies on each. I would like to do this this weekend so that, once you are here, you can hit the ground running in getting some sort of aid.

I was also going to suggest that you make sure that your medical records and related documentation be kept completely separate from everything else that you are packing. Just for easy accessibility.

I'm going to be totally blunt with you here...I know that Marina handled most of this stuff. However, I do not have the benefit of years of living with you in order to be familiar with all the aspects of your case. I cannot help you without your input and feedback.

I am not going to do this FOR you...I will do all of this WITH you. I need to teach you how to be way more self sufficient with all of this so you can take complete control of what is happening and what will happen with your future. You absolutely have to learn how to do this, as it will almost definitely help put you in a better financial position via aid and various programs.

I realize that she felt like she was helping you, but keeping you out of the loop on things did not do you any favors. It has put you in a bad position where you are frantically scrambling to put the pieces together. I would be doing you a disservice if I did not teach you how to navigate the system and allow you to be more self sufficient in all of this.

Anyhow, I sent you a text earlier today. Not sure if you have read it. I was just asking if you had a chance to talk to/update your attorney.

I'm not trying to be pushy, but I can't help you without certain pieces of info. You really need to ready to hit the ground running when you get here, to try and minimize the impact on your appointments, medications, etc.

I am wrapping up an early lunch here and have meetings almost all afternoon, so I am not going to be able to chat, unfortunately. However, you can text me...I can usually answer within a few minutes.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Back to CA] Marina wants me out :( Im so lost now

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: