Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

[Back to CA] Marina wants me out :( Im so lost now

Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

[Back to CA] Marina wants me out :( Im so lost now

Old 11-16-2012, 08:03 AM
GTrain
CF Senior Member

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Texas Bulldog View Post
Ya knoa what bugs me. The fact that my dad is telling me he'll help out nomatter what it takes and he gave me $200 to do the trailer and hitch which only covered half leaving me to cover the other half and then he was supposed help me with fuel but that hasn't happened yet and i don't have a credit card or anything.

As he is taking my friend to the airport tomorrow morning im going to ask him to send Darren with a check for fuel that i'll have to cash since paypal transfer would take to long. Im flat broke with all the surprises that have been popping up and i hope my dad remembers what he told me by taking care for fuel for the trip estimated at $600 in fuel opposed to my last trip out there without towing a trailer and a lot less weight and it was around $500. Nevermind some cash to be able to afford lunch/dinner/snacks and drinks for a whole day in the truck.

Im really going to have to crush numbers tomorrow to find out if we have enough money to actually make this trip between, fuel, food, snacks, drinks, tow hitch installed wiring installation. Its going to go to hell if i forget something and say can't afford the rest of the trip especially because Darren would have to find a way back right away and i just can't screw him over.
So your Dad gave you $200? He flew out to help? Is taking your friend to the airport? And you want to make sure he dumps in another $600?

This is the guy you "hate"? I think its time to tone down the hater-aid on Dad......
Old 11-16-2012, 08:09 AM
The NNIAL8R
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13
"I voluntarily took 60 days off from OT"

Originally Posted by GTrain View Post
So your Dad gave you $200? He flew out to help? Is taking your friend to the airport? And you want to make sure he dumps in another $600?

This is the guy you "hate"? I think its time to tone down the hater-aid on Dad......
...and maybe I missed it...but what's going on with this red C2 Corvette???
Old 11-16-2012, 08:10 AM
bsmith
CF Senior Member

Received 61 Likes on 16 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Old 11-16-2012, 08:23 AM
KarlK
CF Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

J0e, offer still stands on the hotel, I recommend staying in Las Cruces and not El Paso if you can stretch another hour on your trip.

Also, as you trek across AZ, let me know if you need anything.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:38 AM
dwjz06
Dogface
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Doing my time until I can leave this crappy azz liberal state. (MD)
Received 113 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15, '17

Originally Posted by NEED-A-VETTE View Post
You're gonna have to be more specific. My sh*t-stirrer translator is broken.

Originally Posted by 1993C4LT1 View Post
NEED-A-VETTE, I salute you for all the help/advice you've given Joe.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:54 AM
NEWudERA
CF Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Low12s View Post
Always the instigator with no regards to the outcome.
This man is going through the battle of his life, both physically and emotionally, and you pop in 500+ posts later with your little hypothetical. The worst case scenario of what one would do in a situation like this Joe has already posted about, and the guy is still standing AND seeing some hope.

Last edited by NEWudERA; 11-16-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:10 AM
chaase
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

I don't know the history but he seems to be trying. Just accept the help and move on. Your brain is just in over drive. It is a very emotional time for you, but you need to put all of that aside and focus on the task at hand and getting better. Put your energy into getting better and getting moved.

Think of the positives of being in California. At least in Cali, you will be able to get some medical marijuana to help calm you down and ease symptoms instead of having to pump yourself full of other drugs. You will have friends like Darren who are willing to fly out and drive you back.

I know it is going to be hard, but focus on the positive and not the negative. It will be good for you mentally and physically.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:20 AM
FLACHUSNRET
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by vetterdstr View Post
Get an ice chest and fill it with lunch meat, some pre sliced cheese and get the usual mayo, mustard and stuff like that. Next get a loaf of bread or two and some apples, grapes, banannas and oranges. You can stop and get a cold drink anywhere. Doing this will save quite a bit over stopping to eat several times at restaurants.
I would also buy a case of water for about $3 on sale at most drug stores. You can't buy 2 bottles of cold water at a gas station for as cheap as you can buy a whole case at a drug store. Only keep 2 bottles iced down if your ice chest space is limited.
A couple of weeks ago I was helping my son do something and we left his house without my water bottle which I keep with me 24/7 because of the radiation damage to my salivary glands from cancer treatment.
The business we were at was right next to a Dollar Store so I ran in there and bought a bottle of cold water. To my surprise it was $1.75 for one cold bottle of water and it was no larger then 14-16 oz. if that big.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:24 AM
The JOe
CF Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12

asdf asd fasd fa sdf

Last edited by The JOe; 07-31-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:28 AM
The JOe
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '10-'12

asdf asd fasd fas df

Last edited by The JOe; 07-31-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:36 AM
The JOe
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '10-'12

asdf asdf asd fasdf

Old 11-16-2012, 10:44 AM
The JOe
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '10-'12

asdf asd fsda

Old 11-16-2012, 10:53 AM
The NNIAL8R
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by Texas Bulldog View Post
I was able to sleep last night thanks to the Xanax and some pain meds. That was enough to actually let me get an ok nights sleep. No dream but better yet, no nightmare

since this happened i haven't had a nights sleep till last night thankfully the xanax could calm me down and help relax.
Perhaps youre relying too heavily on medication????....I realize you have serious health issues...but drugs arent the answer to everything
Old 11-16-2012, 11:00 AM
Bobby J
CF Senior Member

I'd be careful what I tried to claim against her insurance. If you are no longer domestic partners and either she rats you out or the insurance company finds out, you might get into some trouble. Not sure if that is considered insurance fraud or not, and whether or not it would be considered a felony like some types of insurance fraud are, if that is the case.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:03 AM
The NNIAL8R
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by Bobby J View Post
I'd be careful what I tried to claim against her insurance. If you are no longer domestic partners and either she rats you out or the insurance company finds out, you might get into some trouble. Not sure if that is considered insurance fraud or not, and whether or not it would be considered a felony like some types of insurance fraud are, if that is the case.
Dont know about his X's insurance but there's no way our insuarance would cover another person unless they were legally married to or a child of the insured..
Old 11-16-2012, 11:07 AM
Lee C
CF Senior Member

Received 61 Likes on 36 Posts

Old 11-16-2012, 11:33 AM
nfshotrod
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by The NNIAL8R View Post
Perhaps youre relying too heavily on medication????....I realize you have serious health issues...but drugs arent the answer to everything

I only know you from the forum Joe and you sound like a very likeable person, but I think Baja was onto something when he said Marina called your dad for help with intervention. I too have some medical problems that cause me to have nerve pain 24/7, so I know how bad it can be not having the pain under control. I have been keeping up with your post over the last few months, I have noticed how you post when you run out of meds, I can relate with you.

I have been with my girlfriend for 12 years. Back in April she came home from work on a Friday and said she was leaving if I didn't get my medication use under control. I was on Fentanyl and Oxymorphone. I was running out early because I thought I had to use more than prescribed because I was still having pain. Fentanyl is the type of drug that your body gets used to very quick, so you need to take more and more of it to trick your body into thinking it is working. I was taking stuff that would kill the average person. But I felt like it wasn't working that well so I thought the answer was to take more more more.

I have been off narcotics for six months now. It was hard to do but looking back I can see how bad I was hooked. I only cared about my next dose. I wonder why my girlfriend even stayed with me at all, she didnt deserve what I put her through. Reading through this post I can really see that you are more concerned about being able to take your narcotics than anything else. I read in some post that you was sick cause you ran out early. I was doing the exact same thing. I got to the point that I was buying stuff from friends and blowing money that was supposed to go to other things.

If I am off base I am sorry, but from what you are posting this is what I am gathering. If you want to talk about anything message me your number. I truly hope the best for you. Have a safe trip to California.

Ryan

Last edited by nfshotrod; 11-16-2012 at 11:38 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:35 AM
Raazor
Goon Squad King of Battle
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 593 Likes on 276 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13x3- '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

I can help around the Phoenix area if you need a place to crash for the night. I have some employees that I can direct to pay for a hotel room if need be.

Just let me know JOe.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:38 AM
The NNIAL8R
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by nfshotrod View Post

I only know you from the forum Joe and you sound like a very likeable person, but I think Baja was onto something when he said Marina called your dad for help with intervention. I too have some medical problems that cause me to have nerve pain 24/7, so I know how bad it can be not having the pain under control. I have been keeping up with your post over the last few months, I have noticed how you post when you run out of meds, I can relate with you.

I have been with my girlfriend for 12 years. Back in April she came home from work on a Friday and said she was leaving if I didn't get my medication use under control. I was on Fentanyl and Oxymorphone. I was running out early because I thought I had to use more than prescribed because I was still having pain. Fentanyl is the type of drug that your body gets used to very quick, so you need to take more and more of it to trick your body into thinking it is working. I was taking stuff that would kill the average person. But I felt like it wasn't working that well so I thought the answer was to take more more more.

I have been off narcotics for six months now. It was hard to do but looking back I can see how bad I was hooked. I only cared about my next dose. I wonder why my girlfriend even stayed with me at all, she didnt deserve what I put her through. Reading through this post I can really see that you are more concerned about being able to take your narcotics than anything else. I read in some post that you was sick cause you ran out early. I was doing the exact same thing. I got to the point that I was buying stuff from friends and blowing money that was supposed to go to other things.

If I am off base I am sorry, but from what you are posting this is what I am gathering. If you want to talk about anything text me your number. I truly hope the best for you. Have a safe trip to California.

Ryan
Many folks think since a doc write an Rx that's there cant be a problem...Believe me, Ive seen my share of prescription drug abusers....most can get a doc to write as many Rxs as they want........and most dont have a pleasant outcome in the end
Old 11-16-2012, 11:42 AM
themonk
CF Senior Member

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 595 Likes on 382 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

This is the best bar thread evah!

JOe big fella, have a couple of shots on The Monk!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Back to CA] Marina wants me out :( Im so lost now

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: